PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange #29 Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Trond
06-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Postcard from Ed Bray received today. Very nice photo, and interesting background information too!

Thanks,
Trond

Ed Bray
06-13-2013, 10:52 AM
That's very lind of you to say Uwe, I hope others also like it :)

Should say kind, not lind (fat fingers).

Postcard from Ed Bray received today. Very nice photo, and interesting background information too!

Thanks,
Trond

My pleasure :)

mesantacruz
06-13-2013, 01:12 PM
Uwe, received your postcard a couple days ago... agfa, the photo goes very well with the paper, as well as the tone, thank you.

mesantacruz
06-13-2013, 01:17 PM
sorry, but i have not included information about my photograph in my postcards, so i will post it here...j

It is 35mm, 100tmax at 19mm i believe, 1/15 th or slower, handheld.

Fozzle
06-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Received Ed's card today, an excellent print and very interesting subject, thanks :)

Ed Bray
06-13-2013, 02:58 PM
My pleasure.

Ed Bray
06-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Received a postcard this morning from mesantacruz many thanks.

piu58
06-15-2013, 02:06 PM
I got the next great card from Marco Santa Cruz. What shades of grey!

akitakita
06-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Just sent out my 25 this morning. I've only received Uwe's card so far–the old paper lends itself nicely to the image. Looking forward to the rest!

For those interested: Had some fun trying to figure out the reciprocity failure on the TMax 100–my meter gave an exposure of 4 minutes at f/22, and the 8 minute exposure came out the best. Keeping everything dust-free over the course of making 28 contact prints was challenging, but I think it went alright.

RichardH
06-15-2013, 06:18 PM
I would like to get started in the postcard exchange and I have way to many boxes of 5x7 RC paper I would like to use up.
I know I would have to mail in a envelope with regular postage and I would cut them down to 4x6 size.
My question is, how do I put the info on the back.
Can I use a ink jet printer to do this or maybe print some info on stick on labels.

I have so much paper that I don't want to buy the postcard paper if I can get by with this way.

I hope I am in the right thread for this question.

Thanks for any advise.

Richard

Ed Bray
06-16-2013, 02:41 AM
I would like to get started in the postcard exchange and I have way to many boxes of 5x7 RC paper I would like to use up.
I know I would have to mail in a envelope with regular postage and I would cut them down to 4x6 size.
Can I use a ink jet printer to do this or maybe print some info on stick on labels.

I have so much paper that I don't want to buy the postcard paper if I can get by with this way.

Thanks for any advise.

Richard

Apparently most people use labels although I used a laser printer to good effect for this round and would probably do so again. No need for the envelope either, just stick a stamp and the address on the right hand side and the info you want to include on the left.

ozphoto
06-16-2013, 02:58 AM
Hi all. Currently away, so I won't be able to send my cards out until my return on August 1st.

Nicole
06-16-2013, 03:30 AM
Sorry I missed it. Should've dropped in much sooner. Hi to the old gang if you're still around.

ozphoto
06-16-2013, 05:07 AM
Hey Nicole.
Hope you'll be joining us again soon!

mooseontheloose
06-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Hi Nicole -- it's good to see you back!

Oxleyroad
06-17-2013, 05:47 AM
1/30

My first card arrived today. piu58 - Thistles in the snow. Thanks for a wonderful card and knowing it was printed so recently on such old stock makes it all the more special.

Trond
06-18-2013, 07:05 AM
Card from Marco Santa Cruz arrived today. Lovely dark and soft seaside photo!

Thanks,
Trond

Oxleyroad
06-18-2013, 07:51 AM
2/30
Ed Bray - Steam Train picture. My son (7years old) told me it was for him as he likes trains.

JimO
06-18-2013, 05:04 PM

Thanks for any advise.

Richard

might want to check with the post office, you may be able to put a 1st class stamp on it and send like a big postcard... i found pat of the allure for me is seeing the "modifications" done to the cards by the trip!

jvo

mesantacruz
06-18-2013, 05:43 PM
2 more cards yesterday!!!... Edward Bray, Train... i can see every last detail, wonderful. the exposure is great as well.
Also received a card from Andrew kittredge... wondering a bit about the exposure, which is just right for a night photohraph.