PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange #29 Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

piu58
06-19-2013, 10:33 AM
What an amount of great cards this round! I got the card form Andrew Kiffredge(?) today.

Dear Andrew, in the adress list I find only your surname. I guess that is you: Montreal, QC H2X 2Z9, Rue de B. May be my card could not reach you. Please give your family name. If you don't got my card I'll send you another one.

Ed Bray
06-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Received a colour postcard today from ndrs (andres), very nice image, many thanks.

akitakita
06-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Uwe, yours was the first postcard I received--no worries. My last name is Kittredge–not sure why it wasn't included with the addresses.

akitakita
06-19-2013, 01:30 PM
2 more cards yesterday!!!... Edward Bray, Train... i can see every last detail, wonderful. the exposure is great as well.
Also received a card from Andrew kittredge... wondering a bit about the exposure, which is just right for a night photohraph.

The exposure was 8 minutes at f/22. My meter gave a spot reading of 4 minutes, so to account for reciprocity failure I did a 12 minute exposure as well. The 12 minute exposure looked a little blown out in the highlights so I printed from the 8 minute exposure. I think compensating for the long exposure with a little less time in the developer would have given a bit more highlight detail.. oh well. I hope you guys like it. Apologies for the bad handwriting!

George Nova Scotia
06-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Uwe, yours was the first postcard I received--no worries. My last name is Kittredge–not sure why it wasn't included with the addresses.
It's in the database now, sorry about that.

kraker
06-19-2013, 02:39 PM
The first card I received for this round was from Uwe. You've explained it all in the third post of this thread, although I must admit that I was in doubt as to which one I received. I see a thistle, but I also see a winter landscape (featuring a thistle). I guess that would be the thistle, then. Hadn't realised that there are thistles that are in bloom in winter, but there you have it, the proof is on this 70-odd-year old Lupex paper. Great!

The second card arrived yesterday, Pannier Tank & Autocoach from Edward Bray. A beautiful shot, and such an amazing amount of detail. Which is no wonder, looking at the size of the negative. Lots of interesting facts as well. Autocoach, that's certainly a term that I will not forget after having read this. Lovely.

megzdad81
06-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Andrew Kittredge--got your card today and am super-impressed. As a contact print it appears obvious to me that your exposure was spot on. What exactly IS the structure? I have imagined from an art museum to a transit station to a shopping mall?

akitakita
06-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Andrew Kittredge--got your card today and am super-impressed. As a contact print it appears obvious to me that your exposure was spot on. What exactly IS the structure? I have imagined from an art museum to a transit station to a shopping mall?

Thanks! It's Montreal's Olympic Stadium for the 1976 games.

Oxleyroad
06-21-2013, 06:25 PM
3/30

mesantacruz - Setset at the beach card arrived yesterday. A +1 for Trond's comments.

Ed Bray
06-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Received a nice contact print of the Olympic Stadium Structure form Andrew. Unfortunately for me my wife found it outside the front door in a bit of a sorry state where it looks to have been trodden on and left for dead in the rain by the postman (I suspect he didn't realise he had dropped it as normally he is very good). I have rewashed it to get the grit off it but there are so many lumps and bumps in it from the gravel it could almost be a braille picture.

akitakita
06-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Received a nice contact print of the Olympic Stadium Structure form Andrew. Unfortunately for me my wife found it outside the front door in a bit of a sorry state where it looks to have been trodden on and left for dead in the rain by the postman (I suspect he didn't realise he had dropped it as normally he is very good). I have rewashed it to get the grit off it but there are so many lumps and bumps in it from the gravel it could almost be a braille picture.

Ed- I have another small round of postcards to print for non-APUG friends, I'll send you another!

Ed Bray
06-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Ed- I have another small round of postcards to print for non-APUG friends, I'll send you another!

Thanks Andrew, that's very decent of you.

Oxleyroad
06-24-2013, 06:12 AM
4/30. Andrew Kitteridge - Olympic stadium. Amazing. I still remember as a child watching the 76 Games in colour, we had only had colour TV in the town where I grew up for two year at that stage. The stadium was always shown from either within or from a helicopter view point. There used to be a roof if I recall correctly that the cables shown I the picture could some how draw over the arena. Brilliantly captured the stadium.

mooseontheloose
06-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Alright, I'm starting to fall behind in commenting on cards.

A lovely colour image from ndrs arrived today. I like the irreverant nature of the hat in the grass.

Uwe's thistles were the first to arrive. The toning/paper really works with this image.

Edward Bray's GWR Pannier Tank 6430 and Autocoach W225 is exactly the kind of train image I would like to take but can never really find (esp. here in Japan!)

I went to the Olympic Stadium on my first trip to Montreal in '96, I like the angle you decided to shoot it from Andrew. A nice take on a Canadian icon.

And Marco Santa Cruz's dreamy beachscape is an early favourite, I love the soft quality of the light, water, and shadows.

Great start to the round so far! I'm in the process of developing a huge backlog of film from my trip to Thailand and Laos earlier this year, hopefully something will reveal itself to be worthy of this exchange!

Ed Bray
06-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Received a card today from Peter Schrader, many thanks.

Oxleyroad
06-25-2013, 08:51 AM
5/30. Stephen Frizza - from the archives, arrived today in an envelope sealed with a finger print. Great card that has been claimed by my 5 year old daughter. She says if her brother (7 yrs old) can take photos why not a dressed chimp?

Thanks Stephen

Fozzle
06-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Received a great card from Andrew Kitteridge, I really like the angle, it makes for a very interesting image. Thanks!

Trond
06-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Peter Schrager's "Backlot" card arrived today. Interesting and slightly surreal!

Thanks,
Trond

Ed Bray
06-26-2013, 11:28 AM
I received a great postcard today from Stephen Frizza with a portrait of me on it holding a camera.

Mine also had a fingerprint on the envelope.

JimO
06-26-2013, 05:00 PM
i've been playing with different images in my mind for this round - not really working at it though. lo and behold time marches on and i'm receiving cards!!!!

gwr pannier tank from ed bray

montreal stadium from andrew kittredge

beach view from marco santa cruz

and winter scene from uwe pilz

each inspiring and fun... now i gotta get down to it and print mine!!!!

jvo