PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange #29 Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Ed Bray
07-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Sent my last few Canadian postcards yesterday and US and international postcards last week while we were at Orcas Island. I may have found my next postcard photo on Orcus Island. Every time I took a picture I kept thinking there's another postcard.
Cheers
Bruce (steelbar)

And I received one this morning, it has got US stamps on so must have been sent from Orcus Island.

Great image and a very nice postcard, one of the few that has not picked up any damage on its flight across the Atlantic.

bluejeh
07-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Our Canadian postcards are being mailed as I write this. U.S. and International postcards will be mailed this week!
Something a little different, hope you like 'em. bluejeh & bluejeh2

piu58
07-15-2013, 11:08 PM
Yesterday I got a very fine print: Boat Building Shed form steelbar. I love the tonal reproduction of the old wood.

Ed Bray
07-16-2013, 12:15 PM
I received a very nice print from Matt King this morning, many thanks.

kraker
07-16-2013, 02:54 PM
After a few slow weeks, the mailbox is filling up again. Three prints received over the past few days:
Steve Frizza sent a great portrait. I don't remember you taking this picture of me, but I like it a lot. Well printed, as is to be expected. Excellent.
steelbar, boat building shed. Beautiful to see the textures of the wood, combined with the different lines in the photo. Lovely. Well printed, lots of detail.
Matt King, Pump House Graffiti. Abandoned, broken down places, graffiti, it absolutely works for me. The toning is very nice as well.

My cards are printed. I hope I will manage to address and send them by the end of this week.

piu58
07-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Two more cards arrived: Pump house graffite from Matt King and Airport security form anikin. Thank you very much!

MattKing
07-17-2013, 04:57 PM
I've had five really nice cards so far, but haven't commented yet, so here goes:

piu58 - "Carline Thistle" - Looking at this card, you can feel the cold. And the old paper gives it a classic tone.
Ed Bray - "GWR Pannier Tank 6430 & Autocoach W225 - An interesting subject, printed well
Peter Schrager - "Backlot in Las Vegas" - The collection/selection of complementary shapes makes this for me.
redrockcoulee - "Weathered Pillars" - A very nice use of tones and repetition
Trond - "Shore" - Lovely repeating ripples and surrounding textures. The wide borders really suit this.

That's five down, and nineteen to go. Thanks everyone for participating.

PS Just one request to those who haven't sent their cards out yet. It really helps those of us who are slightly disorganized if you include the postcard exchange round number, your name and a title.

MattKing
07-18-2013, 10:31 PM
And three more cards arrived today - all from my Darkroom Group friends.

steelbar - "The Boat Building Shed" - an excellent small print that really highlights graphic elements and texture - wonder if this is part of our group's Pyro experiment?
bluejeh - "Hedy's Vase" - well lit, interesting item complete with flowers in black and white - often a challenge. And very nicely printed!
bluejeh2 - "Tree Monster" - bluejeh2 knows that I really like forest scenes, and this is an intriguing one. The print is well done, and the cooler tones chosen are intriguing - I tend to default to something warmer for these sorts of roots and leaves, but I like to see a different approach.

That's eight down, and sixteen to come,

Thanks everyone for participating.

kraker
07-19-2013, 01:38 AM
My cards are in the mail! Time for me to relax :).

Ed Bray
07-22-2013, 11:25 AM
I got a very nice environmental portrait today from anikin, Airport Security, Korean style.

mooseontheloose
07-22-2013, 10:10 PM
My cards are in the mail!

I've received many cards already, but will comment on them a bit later this week, when I finally have a chance to get myself sorted (we're in the last week of classes/exams right now in Japan).

Ed Bray
07-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Just got home from work and there were 4 postcards on the mat.

Bluejeh 'Hedy's Vase'
Bluejeh2 'Tree Monster'
Maximus Klaudius 'Latern Festival of Lights'
Kraker 'Hillside'

All very different and very nice images, I thank you all.

JimO
07-23-2013, 05:45 PM
from
anikin "airport security/korean style" - i wouldn't step out of line!
steve frizza "...too many monkeys..." - fumble fingers!
ashley/hoffy "stereo."
trond "shore"
matt king "pump house graffitti"
bruce mccaughey/steelbar "boat building shed"
katrin "collodion self-portrait."

as usual, a lot of thought and work went into them... it shows and i appreciate receiving them!

mine are finally off, after an enjoyable weekend of printing... got to make and use paper negative mask to produce the card - interesting. all in the mail this afternoon!

piu58
07-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Yesterday I received an outstanding portrait form Mareen Zirkenbach. My wife enjoyed it too.
~
Liebe Mareen, ein außergewöhnlich gutes Portrait. Mir gefällt sanfte Natürlichkeit, welche die Frau ausstrahlt, so was ist leider ziemlich außer Mode. Die High-Key-Umsetzung passt gut, ein wirklich schönes Bild.

Ed Bray
07-26-2013, 01:47 AM
I also received a portrait from Mareen yesterday. many thanks.

Oxleyroad
07-26-2013, 06:59 AM
7/30

Matt King - "Pump House Graffiti"/ Love the toning on this card. makes the face stand out from the picture.
steelbar - "Boat building shed". When I look at this I could be in Scandinavia. I sure the Norske peoples must have landed on the East Coast of Canada as this is the typical wall and door that I saw in the old buildings of Nordfjord. Brilliant sharp contrast.

mooseontheloose
07-27-2013, 07:36 PM
More great cards in the mail:

"Backlot in Vegas" by Peter Schrager and "Pump House Graffiti" by Matt King-- two very different but interesting images of abandoned or forgotten areas.
"Airport Security" by anikin and "Korean Mask" by MaximusKlaudius -- two great images from Japan's nearest neighbour, somewhere I've yet to go (but will in October!).
The ravages of time have been nicely captured by RedRockCoulee with "Weathered Pillars" and by Steelbar with "The Boat Building Shed". Great textures and tones in both.
bluejeh2's somewhat (dog?)-looking "Tree Monster" is a stark contrast to bluejeh's delicate "Hedy's Vase".
Trond's "Shore" makes feel me feel like a journey is just beginning.
kraker's beautiful cyanotype of "Old Chestnut Tree" is gorgeous. My cyanotype blues don't seem as rich as yours. Great work!

It also appears that Steven Frizza has sent his cards out, but I have yet to receive one (could be the post though...).

Looking forward to getting everyone else's cards!

edcculus
07-28-2013, 09:30 PM
Got a ton of cards to update. a few didn't have the exchange number, so I'm assuming its from this one

Trond - Shore
Bluejeh2 - tree monster
Bjuejeh - Hedy's Vase
Ed Bray - train
Piu58 - Trees on old paper
JimO - Aliens
Steve Frizza - Chimping

Ed Bray
07-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Received 3 cards today, all very nice.

'Morning Ride' very nice print, do not know the Author though but it's from the USA
'Alienis' again a very nice print from Jimo

And my favourite of all those received so far 'Haew Suwat Waterfalls' taken in Khao Yai National Park in Thailand from mooseontheloose, a lovely play of light and shadow creating a very picturesque image. 'One of those that that you would like to have taken yourself.

On another note I received my batch of Postcards for the next round, a brand new box I won on ebay for £7 (about $11) happy days.

edcculus
07-30-2013, 02:38 PM
All postcards shipped! I only had 2 CON US addresses this round, so it may take time for the rest of the international cards to get out.