PDA

View Full Version : New FLM Video with Ball Head and Large Format Camera

Ari
06-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Hi,

Just a note to let you know that I have posted a new FLM video (http://youtu.be/h2z-0Ps008Y), this one featuring the FLM CB-58FTR ball head with a very heavy Kodak Master 8x10 camera.

Music courtesy of Dweezil Zappa. :)

Enjoy!

Bob Carnie
06-05-2013, 05:01 PM
I saw the tripod , camera and ballhead over the weekend very impressive equipment Ari.

Ari
06-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Hey Bob, thank you, and it was great meeting you last week-end.

Ian Grant
06-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Don't you need a lens though Ari :D

I was always very wary of ball heads but have a small (3 year old) Slik (Digital) tripod that fits inside a small backpack and they are so much better than when I first used one in the 1960's.

That's an interesting video, an excellent ball-head, but it also shows how camera/tripod stabitily depends on good positioning of the tripod socket on a camera, so that it's well balanced, poor positioning affects all tripod heads.

Ian

Ari
06-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Don't you need a lens though Ari :D

I was always very wary of ball heads but have a small (3 year old) Slik (Digital) tripod that fits inside a small backpack and they are so much better than when I first used one in the 1960's.

That's an interesting video, an excellent ball-head, but it also shows how camera/tripod stabitily depends on good positioning of the tripod socket on a camera, so that it's well balanced, poor positioning affects all tripod heads.

Ian

A lens is great, especially when making photos :)
I was always a 3-way head user, and staunchly believed that a ball head was so wrong for large format, but I've been proven wrong by these little marvels of engineering.
The tilt lock makes leveling a breeze.

Thanks, Ian.