PDA

View Full Version : Family negs - likely nitrate base

Pages : 1 2 [3]

winger
07-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Oh, and what film was a roll that was 130mm wide? Those are later than the ones that are 90mm wide (which are about 1912).

AgX
07-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Companies made different bases at the same time, so making up such a list would be even more difficult.

The most recent date for a change I got was 1960.

StoneNYC
07-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Look at the still film format sizes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_format

That should tell you about the roll film sizes...

Also, I'll try to shoot a roll of verichrome (non-pan) which PE ensures me is nitrite (or nitrate.. whatever the bas one is) base and I can mail you some to burn once I scan them.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

AgX
07-11-2013, 12:59 PM
It is nitrate.

winger
07-11-2013, 02:30 PM
No worries, Stone - some of mine are actually labeled nitrate and it's a reaction I'm fairly familiar with having burned some unburned gunpowder from contact shots in my day. Remember my job used to be forensic chemist. We used DPA and a match to test particles from clothing to see if they were unburned gunpowder.

StoneNYC
07-11-2013, 02:43 PM
No worries, Stone - some of mine are actually labeled nitrate and it's a reaction I'm fairly familiar with having burned some unburned gunpowder from contact shots in my day. Remember my job used to be forensic chemist. We used DPA and a match to test particles from clothing to see if they were unburned gunpowder.

Cool didn't know.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk