PDA

View Full Version : BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE ROUND 18 (BPX18) - Sign Up Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

anikin
07-08-2013, 12:38 AM
Happy Summer everyone! I hope everybody is having a jolly good time!

Yes, it is time again to sign up for the new installment of the Blind Print Exchange. I've been a bit late with starting this thread. Sorry about that. Life as always gets in the way :). I'll extent the signup period until August 15 to compensate.

Please read the sticky FAQ if you are new to the exchange. If you want to sign up, PM me your full real name and your complete mailing address. Don't forget the country! Please use the subject: BPX18 signup.

FAQ:
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum182/110811-introduction-blind-print-exchange.html

We're on a six month cycle, the important dates to remember:

Signup: July 2013 (ending 15 August 2013 at 23:59 EST)
Print and Send: August, September and October 2013
Rest and Relaxation: November and December 2013

If you run late, we don't care. There can be a myriad of reasons. We just need to know, that's all. No need for apologies. Just let me know.

Please do complete obligations from previous rounds before signing up.

OK, let's get the entries in, and have FUN!

Ken Nadvornick
07-08-2013, 12:48 AM
Beam me up again, Scotty. I'll try not to be such a procrastinating embarrassment this time.

(Actually, it wasn't procrastination. But if it looks like a duck...)

Ken

Ed Bray
07-08-2013, 02:48 AM
Please include me.

StoneNYC
07-08-2013, 04:05 AM
I'm going to try and be part of this.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

piu58
07-08-2013, 06:42 AM
I am in again. BPX is fun!

JohnRichard
07-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Me as well! I've been away for a time. Now to get back into things.

JohnRichard
07-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Woops.

Iluvmycam
07-08-2013, 07:30 AM
That is a great offer to see others work. Would be nice if the participants posted their prints at the forum for the rest of us that don't partake an opportunity to see their work.

paul_c5x4
07-08-2013, 07:38 AM
Slowly working my way through a backlog of undeveloped negs - Got a few worth printing already, so count me in.

Ken Nadvornick
07-08-2013, 11:17 AM
That is a great offer to see others work. Would be nice if the participants posted their prints at the forum for the rest of us that don't partake an opportunity to see their work.

I've been gently trying to nudge the BPX participants to think about doing that as well. There is a gallery set up for just this purpose. Here's my submission (http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=72803&catid=member&imageuser=5800) from the just concluded previous round (BPX17).

Perhaps you'll think about signing up?

:)

Ken

frank
07-08-2013, 11:24 AM
So how do you guys ship prints? Flat with stiffening material, or in tubes? Resin coated okay, or only FB?

anikin
07-08-2013, 12:13 PM
So how do you guys ship prints? Flat with stiffening material, or in tubes? Resin coated okay, or only FB?

Everybody uses his/her method. I've done flat in an envelope between two cardboard pieces. Lately I switched to tubes because of the size of the prints I've been mailing. Either RC or FB is fine.

Eugene.

anikin
07-08-2013, 12:16 PM
I forgot to mention in the announcement of the thread. Please let me know if you would rather ship your print within the same continent or worldwide. With shipping costs going through the roof, not everyone can afford to mail that 40x60 inch print to the other side of the world.

Ken Nadvornick
07-08-2013, 12:19 PM
All of the above. Although it's not required, I like to mount and matte my submissions so I usually ship in a flat box enclosed in bubble wrap. I have received prints in boxes, stiffened envelopes, and rolled into tubes. The envelopes, especially coming from overseas, don't always hold up very well. Tubes are bulletproof for unmounted prints. Both RC and FB are fine.

Ken

StoneNYC
07-08-2013, 12:20 PM
I forgot to mention in the announcement of the thread. Please let me know if you would rather ship your print within the same continent or worldwide. With shipping costs going through the roof, not everyone can afford to mail that 40x60 inch print to the other side of the world.

I thought the blind prints were all postcard sized and that's why the shipping was do-able?

Ken Nadvornick
07-08-2013, 12:21 PM
I thought the blind prints were all postcard sized and that's why the shipping was do-able?

They are in the postcard exhanges...

;)

Ken

anikin
07-08-2013, 12:37 PM

Actually, there is no restriction on size at all. It could be a contact print of your favorite shot from Minox camera (please include a loupe for those of us with older eyes), or a 5X enlargement from your dumpster pinhole cam: http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2012/04/the-trashcam-project-german-garbage-men-convert-dumpsters-into-pinhole-cameras/ The latter one might incur some noticeable shipping charges, especially if you matte and frame it.

Ken, Uwe and Paul, I assume that your addresses have not changed. Please PM me if that's not true.

StoneNYC, I don't have your address - please send me a PM with it and I'll add you to the list.

Here's my latest list of participants:

Eugene (anikin)
Bert (TheToadMen)
John (JohnRichard)
Edward (Ed Bray)
Ken (Ken Nadvornick)
Uwe (piu58)
Paul (paul_c5x4)

andreios
07-08-2013, 02:06 PM
I'd love to participate! It might pull me out of my "summer sleep".. :)

StoneNYC
07-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Actually, there is no restriction on size at all. It could be a contact print of your favorite shot from Minox camera (please include a loupe for those of us with older eyes), or a 5X enlargement from your dumpster pinhole cam: http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2012/04/the-trashcam-project-german-garbage-men-convert-dumpsters-into-pinhole-cameras/ The latter one might incur some noticeable shipping charges, especially if you matte and frame it.

Ken, Uwe and Paul, I assume that your addresses have not changed. Please PM me if that's not true.

StoneNYC, I don't have your address - please send me a PM with it and I'll add you to the list.

Here's my latest list of participants:

Eugene (anikin)
Bert (TheToadMen)
John (JohnRichard)
Edward (Ed Bray)
Ken (Ken Nadvornick)
Uwe (piu58)
Paul (paul_c5x4)

Wait so there is a SEPARATE postcard exchange?

All of my "prints" will be of the non-wet kind FYI, I've finally gotten an enlarger thanks to a very amazing APUGer, but it won't be set up for another year or so I'll be printing through a lab... Is that allowed?

MattKing
07-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Wait so there is a SEPARATE postcard exchange?

All of my "prints" will be of the non-wet kind FYI, I've finally gotten an enlarger thanks to a very amazing APUGer, but it won't be set up for another year or so I'll be printing through a lab... Is that allowed?

Stone:

Read the FAQ thread linked to in the first post in the thread.

Sort of like the "Instruction Manual"

And yes, there are a number of different exchanges here on APUG. See the "Member Organized Functions" forum: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum61/