PDA

View Full Version : Nice slides found on flea market

darkosaric
07-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi all,

so yesterday I bought for 5 euros slide projector and around 1000 ( :o! ) slides - most of slides is from Poland. Most interesting are photos from Polish pope John Paul II, around 100 slides from him.
Here are some examples - maybe someone can say is this rare - shall I consider to share this with church or museum, or those are known photos?

regards,

bsdunek
07-08-2013, 03:41 PM
I don't know if they are known, but they are wonderful. i certainly would offer them to the Catholic Church, or a museum.

darkosaric
07-08-2013, 03:56 PM
I don't know if they are known, but they are wonderful. i certainly would offer them to the Catholic Church, or a museum.

Yes, they are ... still looking thru all slides...here are some more examples - not from pope, from "everyday life".

Also I got some films 8mm, 16mm and 35mm ... those flea markets are great thing :)

Mustafa Umut Sarac
07-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Print a 5 meters to 7 meters pope Picture and send to me. I will hang it from balcony. All the muslims would like it at ramadan :)

Richard Sintchak (rich815)
07-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Are they originals or copy slides that were so prevalent and sold in sleeves next to the registers at gift and souvenir shops in the 60's, 70's and 80's?

Iluvmycam
07-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Fantastic find! Sure see who can archive them. Slides wont last forever.

The later images look like copies though. So if they are not originals it may be hard to do anything with them.

darkosaric
07-12-2013, 03:38 AM
Are they originals or copy slides that were so prevalent and sold in sleeves next to the registers at gift and souvenir shops in the 60's, 70's and 80's?

Architecture part are copy slides sold in sleeves ... (like "Canada", Italy", Venice" and so on) . Probably in communist Poland only way in 60's and 70's for common folk to see how is life from another side of border.

Pope and other are in one box - but I guess also that they are copy slides.