PDA

View Full Version : Ilford Imaging

Peltigera
07-25-2013, 03:42 PM
I was wondering what impact, if any, the the news about Ilford Imaging being insolvent will have on ilford Photo. I realise they are totally separate companies, but Harman are licencing the Ilford Photo name from Ilford Imaging and, presumably, the names FP4 and HP5 and so on.

If Ilford Imaging goes to the wall (owning those names), will we lose these films in the process or will Ilford Photo be able to go on producing them ad infinitum?

pdeeh
07-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Harman are licencing the Ilford Photo name from Ilford Imaging and, presumably, the names FP4 and HP5 and so on.

According to their own website, Harman "[acquired the] business, premises and ILFORD PHOTO name from the receivers of the old ILFORD Imaging group"

Nothing about licensing there .

Muihlinn
07-25-2013, 04:05 PM
If Ilford Imaging goes to the wall (owning those names), will we lose these films in the process or will Ilford Photo be able to go on producing them ad infinitum?

what will stop them to call the same product PF4? I really don't see anything else beyond a name change it such case.

AgX
07-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Product names are typically protected trade-names. In such case the use of a name likely to be mixed up with the protected one means asking for a legal case.

lightwisps
07-25-2013, 05:00 PM
As long as they don't change what the products are, I could care less about what the name of it is. Don

wildbill
07-25-2013, 06:38 PM
the other thread started a couple weeks ago about ilford imaging:http://www.apug.org/forums/forum390/120690-ilford-imaging-illiquide.html

StoneNYC
07-25-2013, 07:25 PM
As long as they don't change what the products are, I could care less about what the name of it is. Don

I would actually welcome a name change, adding + to every film name is kind of annoying but I like to be proper and call it the right name since HP5 and HP5+ are different films...

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Truzi
07-25-2013, 08:41 PM
Would you prefer Roman Numerals? HP5 I, HP5 II, etc.

StoneNYC
07-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Would you prefer Roman Numerals? HP5 I, HP5 II, etc.

LOL no I'd prefer if when they improved it they did what they were doing before, changed the number, it should be HP6 and FP5.... duh... lol

erikg
07-25-2013, 09:21 PM
I'd like to see an HP6, means that RD on film continues. What would Pan-F become? Pan G? ;)

StoneNYC
07-25-2013, 09:30 PM
I'd like to see an HP6, means that RD on film continues. What would Pan-F become? Pan G? ;)

No haha PanF2 :) Maybe it will become even finer grained AND no more latent image failure issues haha

Or better yet, 4 minute reciprocity failure times :) hehe Thought I think if it had 4 minutes times like that it would need to be called SuperPanF :)

Simon R Galley
07-26-2013, 03:30 AM
Very simple

The monochrome products from HARMAN technology Limited will be called ILFORD in perpetuity.

The sub brands the same, we may have an HP6 someday, but for now its HP5+ the + designated a true technical upgrade to the product not an entirely new film hence the +

Regards

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Curt
07-26-2013, 12:30 PM

It would become Pan uLF 50, Pan ultra Large Format 50, available in Large Format and Ultra Large Format. :p

StoneNYC
07-26-2013, 12:47 PM
It would become Pan uLF 50, Pan ultra Large Format 50, available in Large Format and Ultra Large Format. :p

That would be wonderful! (Can it also be plain old PanLF for us small 4x5 shooters?

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk