PDA

View Full Version : Autumn Meet Up?

Pages : [1] 2 3

fran
08-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Thought I'd start a thread on our next meeting......

Any preferences anyone?

What about a day out like the ones to killinthomas and du na ri and then a separate print showing?

Fran

Vincent Brady
08-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Fran originally we used to have an outing and then a print showing but generally it didn't work out great as people after the shoot and lunch were unable to remain for any length of time for the print showing.That's why we try to keep them as seperate events nowadays. Of course it has the advantage that we can meet up more often during the year.

As for this years Autumn Print Showing I was thinking of sometime in November much the same as last year. The date can picked when we have more responces.

martinhughesireland
08-10-2013, 01:54 AM
I'm interested in both an outing and print showing on different days. November is good for me also.

fran
08-10-2013, 04:35 AM
Thanks Martin & Vincent,

I think Nov is good for the print showing - I'd be looking forward to that.

Another day out would be great too! I don't know where to suggest though. The woods are always good, though we have done that twice. I was down at the ridge of capard earlier this year and keep meaning to get back. Any other suggestions? - new spots welcome!

Fran

Rafal Lukawiecki
08-10-2013, 10:49 AM
November for a print showing is good for me too. Would love to hear what dates we are thinking of. An earlier outing would be nice too.

thefizz
08-13-2013, 08:03 AM
A print showing get-together in November should be good for me also.

Vincent Brady
08-13-2013, 02:48 PM
I'm thinking Saturday 23rd. Nov. meeting starting at 10:00 am. Why? because there is no rugby international on that day. A second choice would be 30th. Nov. for much the same reason. Of course both dates allow more time for us to get back into the darkroom and get those prints onto the baseboard.

fran
08-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Fine by me Vincent!

awareofthevoid
08-16-2013, 01:16 AM
Vincent, both dates fine for me for a print show - I would also be interested in a day out before hand.

MOPS
08-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Yep, a day out and a showing ok for me too...Brian

paulgallinule
08-21-2013, 03:16 PM
Hi guys, think both days suit me, time to dust out the dark room now the nights are getting cooler, I'd do my best for the outing, can I throw the magazine in the Park into the hat to, I've seen lots of images but no idea where it is.

przemyslaw zorylo
08-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Hi, I come too show new works. I have a new cool , so I think that's cool : D

Vincent Brady
08-25-2013, 06:35 AM
Hi, I come too show new works. I have a new cool , so I think that's cool : D

That's good news Sham looking forward to seeing your work. I met both Gerry and Eddie on St Stephens Green yeserday at the photos on the green weekend and both expect to be at the get together.

thefizz
09-03-2013, 03:35 PM
So am I correct to say November 23rd is our print showing date? I just need to know as I'm setting dates for other things and don't want to miss this.

Vincent Brady
09-04-2013, 04:59 AM
So am I correct to say November 23rd is our print showing date? I just need to know as I'm setting dates for other things and don't want to miss this.

Hi Peter, I am opting for our meeting to be held on the Nov. 23rd and a fall back would be the 30th. I've made no booking in the club as yet but I don't expect there to be any problem. Thats about as close as I can come at the moment. Hope that suits.

cheers
Vincent

Rafal Lukawiecki
09-04-2013, 05:16 AM
I'm happy with 23 Nov, too, it's in my diary now. Since I missed the last meeting, got a few prints to bring :) but will print more.

monosnaps
09-07-2013, 03:08 PM
I have it in the diary, have plenty of negs to print but need that target date to get them into print. Paul, I have photographed Magazine Fort many times, I dont think it would be great for an outing, I know it well and a few other spots in the park, if you pick a date in October we could do a mini outing. There can also be some issues with groups and permissions and tripods with OPW staff in the park. As a suggestion I recently photographer Black Castle in Wicklow which is a nice spot, with a nice high tide could offer some great photos, we could also include a trip to Vartry which is also in Wicklow.

Black Castle
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dubpics/9656201271/

Searcher
09-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Folks,

As Vincent mentioned, I hope to be there on 23rd. There is nothing as yet in the DCC Calendar but I'll check if I'm at the Club over the next few weeks.

Black Castle gets my vote for a trip also, as I've never been there before.

Gerry

martinhughesireland
09-08-2013, 03:31 PM
23rd is good for me also. The Black Castle looks a good place for a visit also

Searcher
10-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Folks,

Just to confirm that we are booked in to the DCC for Saturday 23rd November.

Gerry