View Full Version : Staged or not?

Pages : [1] 2

Iluvmycam
08-26-2013, 09:27 AM
Do you think my photo is staged or not?

http://www.artslant.com/ny/works/show/691523-hakenkreuz-in-a-dress

Michael R 1974
08-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Shouldn't you have whited her out instead of blacking her out?

Iluvmycam
08-26-2013, 09:47 AM

I tied it, but I am not much of a PP person, so this was what worked for my skills.

PtJudeRI
08-26-2013, 10:51 AM

Beat me to it... Haha... well played.

jnanian
08-26-2013, 11:16 AM
Do you think my photo is staged or not?

http://www.artslant.com/ny/works/show/691523-hakenkreuz-in-a-dress

maybe it was staged, maybe not ..
not sure it matters

Iluvmycam
08-26-2013, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the votes, but need a lot more to get some feeling on how my photo is being viewed.

175 memebers looked and only a handful bothered to vote? Why not all?

I will give you the rundown on my photo in a few days once I get some more feedback.

Tom1956
08-26-2013, 08:36 PM
No comment. My membership on this site too good to risk banning. Tired-out narrative anyway.

Moopheus
08-26-2013, 10:26 PM
175 memebers looked and only a handful bothered to vote? Why not all?

You do know how internet forums work, right? Most people aren't going to bother click through to your link, and if they do, the "puzzle" doesn't seem worth the effort. It's either a) a real neo-nazi with flag and paper, or b) someone not a neo-nazi with flag and paper. There are certainly neo-nazis out there, and some would be willing to have their photos taken. Or maybe you got a friend to do it. Why should we really care either way?

OzJohn
08-26-2013, 11:23 PM
I've seen some absurd threads started here over time and this one is up there with the best of them. My reaction is "Who apart from yourself cares?" I fail to see how a topic such as this offers anything to the wider membership of this forum in terms of knowledge and/or enjoyment of photography. OzJohn

Trask
08-27-2013, 06:33 AM
I guess I don't really understand the question. Yes, I'd assume it was staged, that she'd be standing like that showing the newspaper as she is. But what difference does it make whether we think it was staged or not? Seems to me there are other questions that would tell you more how your "photo is being viewed," e.g., how did you react emotionally, what do you perceive the intent of the artist to be, do you think this image has artistic merit, etc. Of course, those are not yes/no questions -- but often the best questions and answers require narrative.

omaha
08-27-2013, 08:42 AM
No comment. My membership on this site too good to risk banning. Tired-out narrative anyway.

Something like this.

Iluvmycam
08-27-2013, 09:52 PM
You do know how internet forums work, right? Most people aren't going to bother click through to your link, and if they do, the "puzzle" doesn't seem worth the effort. It's either a) a real neo-nazi with flag and paper, or b) someone not a neo-nazi with flag and paper. There are certainly neo-nazis out there, and some would be willing to have their photos taken. Or maybe you got a friend to do it. Why should we really care either way?

I can't put stuff up here without links. Flickr banned me after 9 days. I lost 190 pix at Flickr. Photobucket takes my pix down after a day or two. So I have to use Tumblr and Artslant. I appreciate the votes you guys sent in anyway.

This is not a puzzle or trick poll in any case. I just wanted to see how my pix are viewed by others. I got some comments about certain pix from other fourms and was never aware people had such thoughts about my pix.

If you guys can get it up to 25 or 30 votes, that would be great. I will give you the answer tomorrow after a few more votes. (Hopefully)

Tom1956
08-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Why is it important? You seem a nice guy I enjoy seeing on here. Why would you want to post such a caustic photo as that?

Thomas Bertilsson
08-27-2013, 10:20 PM
I can't view your picture as 'staged' / 'not staged'. Therefore I can't vote. To me that is immaterial. The more important question is: What does this picture mean to you? And that will be different for many people, but to me it's a reminder of a very ugly time in the history of humans. I value compassion and empathy, but also value truth and honesty. So it's with slight reluctance I say this, because it stirs powerful emotions within me, but I also am trying to understand your motif(s).

The most interesting discussion surrounding this picture has nothing to do with whether it is staged or not, in my humble opinion; it has to do with what it means to people, how they react to it, and what emotions it stirs. Ugly truth is better than a lie any time.

omaha
08-27-2013, 10:54 PM
Sorry, but it seems to me like an example of going for shock value by reaching into a bag of clichés.

MatthewDunn
08-27-2013, 11:06 PM
I can't view your picture as 'staged' / 'not staged'. Therefore I can't vote. To me that is immaterial.

Exact same sentiment in this corner. I have a myriad of thoughts and feelings about your image, but none of them would depend on whether or not the image was staged or not...

powasky
08-28-2013, 08:48 AM
i wonder if it'll be the opposite in winter time and we'll be taking colddddd showers...brrrr from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Rick A
08-28-2013, 09:19 AM
Personally, I found the photo to be banal and unimaginative, so I didn't vote. I find peoples responses to it entertaining.

Jeff Kubach
08-28-2013, 10:24 AM
She mght be standing on a stage.:p

Jeff

Doc W
08-28-2013, 11:36 AM
I have no clue what this thread is about. Can someone please explain it in 25 words or less?