PDA

View Full Version : CatLABS 3 Bath C-41 5L color negative kit now in stock

Pages : [1] 2

CatLABS
09-16-2013, 06:45 PM
We are happy to announce that our long planned C-41, 3bath kit for all color negative film processing is finally ready and in stock!
Grouns shipping to CON US only at this time.
Use the code "APUGC41" at our store checkout for a 10% discount on this kit.

You can find it here:
http://www.catlabs.info/product/catlabs-c-41-3-bath-chemistry-kit-5l-10l

And some of our benchmarking test shots here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.423646454420863.1073741833.276274625824714&type=1&l=98a067b420

The CatLABS kit features very high capacity and economy, and a very long stock shelve life so you can mix small batches as needed.
Suitable for any type of processing, Jobo/rotary/manual inversion or anything you can think of

Mixed working solutions have long shelve life so you can get the most out of every ml
Included instruction for mixing 1L or 5L working solutions, and the ratio, in case you want to mix even smaller batches
Standard 38.4C processing temp and and times
Easy to use, single mix solutions

5L kit makes:

Developer - 5L Working solution
Bleach - 3.6L (to be used at least X3 - total capacity equals 10.8L)
Fix 3.6L (to be used at least X3 - total capacity equals 10.8L)
Universal stabilizer/final rinse - 10L

Capacity of 5L kit:

50-80 rolls of 35/120 or 100-160 sheets of 4X5

wildbill
09-16-2013, 07:39 PM
so, what makes these chemicals different from all the other c41 kits out there?

brucemuir
09-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Im not affiliated but will open my mouth anyway.
Looks like a convenient assembled kit for those that have issues sourcing the complete chems otherwise.

Bravo I say and I wish CatLABS well!!!!!

CatLABS
09-16-2013, 08:48 PM
so, what makes these chemicals different from all the other c41 kits out there?

Well, its an all liquid kit.

It is a 3 bath (dev, bleach, fix) kit.

It has a very long shelve life (12-24 months stock concentrate, and 6-8 weeks, or more mixed working solution dev, and 6 months mixed working solution bleach/fix).

Its cheaper per roll then some of the powder stuff (but thats not really the same kind of product).

Its readily available.

:)

adelorenzo
09-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Wow that looks awesome. Any plans to ship to Canada in the future?

Roger Cole
09-17-2013, 01:16 AM
Any plans for an E6? With a separate bleach and fix maybe? And formalin stabilizer?

polyglot
09-17-2013, 05:38 AM
Seems to me it's aimed at those in the USA who would like the Fuji or Rollei kits without having to pay international shipping. That ought to be a decent market segment judging by the quantity of whingeing here on APUG about yanks having to pay shipping like the rest of the world does!

I note you have an error on your product page though, it says "Capacity 5L: 50-80 rolls of 35/120 or 100-160 sheets of 4X5". Actually it should do 200 to 320 sheets of 4x5 since those are only 20 sq.in each compared to the 80 sq.in in a 135/36 or 120 roll.

CatLABS
09-17-2013, 05:59 AM
Wow that looks awesome. Any plans to ship to Canada in the future?

We will look into canada shipping, though, this will have to travel via UPS, making the shipping + customs fee to canada prohibitive.

If you are close to the border, we can ship this to a UPS/Fedex store in the US, for you to pick up.

CatLABS
09-17-2013, 06:02 AM
Any plans for an E6? With a separate bleach and fix maybe? And formalin stabilizer?

We are working on a 6 bath E-6 5L kit, hopefully to be ready for Q1 2014.

Formalin is bad for you and even worse for the environment, which is why it is no longer used in stabilizer baths for a long long time. As PE noted a while back on another thread, formalin is a must have component in the re-exposure bath, which our kit will have.

CatLABS
09-17-2013, 06:45 AM
I note you have an error on your product page though, it says "Capacity 5L: 50-80 rolls of 35/120 or 100-160 sheets of 4X5". Actually it should do 200 to 320 sheets of 4x5 since those are only 20 sq.in each compared to the 80 sq.in in a 135/36 or 120 roll.

When the developer is used as one shot, in a rotary process, the minimum tank capacity required per sheet or roll film (about 50ml and 100ml respectively) gives us the number posted.

If Dev is reused (totally possible with this kit), capacity can be doubled as you note and this info is included in the instructions provided with the kit :).

polyglot
09-17-2013, 07:21 AM
You need to reuse to achieve the 50-80 roll number anyway since there are no tanks that will cover a 135 or 120 with just 62mL of developer. Since the first number implies reuse, why not state the higher number for sheets on the same basis?

If you want to be conservative with the one-shot, you can do 230 sheets from 5L in a Jobo 3010 (210mL per 10 sheets).

I'm trying to help you out here in your capacity claims as I think you're being inconsistently/unnecessarily conservative on the 4x5 sheet count.

wildbill
09-17-2013, 07:46 AM

Formalin is bad for you and even worse for the environment, which is why it is no longer used in stabilizer baths for a long long time. As PE noted a while back on another thread, formalin is a must have component in the re-exposure bath, which our kit will have.

THAT, I'd be interested in!

Ari
09-17-2013, 09:06 AM
We will look into canada shipping, though, this will have to travel via UPS, making the shipping + customs fee to canada prohibitive.

If you are close to the border, we can ship this to a UPS/Fedex store in the US, for you to pick up.

We're all close to the border :)

CatLABS
09-17-2013, 10:22 AM
We're all close to the border :)

So this should not be a problem ;)...
I am looking into ground shipping to Canada with UPS and will post any info i find, though i think that either way the base shipping cost+customs clearance will make this too expensive....

CatLABS
09-17-2013, 11:49 AM
OK - great news to anyone in canada who is interested in our C-41 kit.
We can ship this "UPS Standard" for 48$ to Canada.
I know from past experiences that anything traveling via UPS or other courier service to Canuck land will be charged some type of unavoidable customs clearance fee, this is just my fair disclosure and YMMV.

Please contact me directly here or at info@catlabs.info to arrange an order to Canada.

Roger Cole
09-17-2013, 12:02 PM

That will be great news for those who don't trust bleach-fix.

I may be getting my formalin requirements mixed up. I know PE was saying it was needed in stabilizer. I thought that was E6.

CatLABS
09-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Formalin is part of the re exposure, and not required for stab.

We are working hard on this, and trying our best to get the E-6 kit materialized. I will update ASAP.

MattKing
09-17-2013, 05:27 PM
OK - great news to anyone in canada who is interested in our C-41 kit.
We can ship this "UPS Standard" for 48$ to Canada.
I know from past experiences that anything traveling via UPS or other courier service to Canuck land will be charged some type of unavoidable customs clearance fee, this is just my fair disclosure and YMMV.

Please contact me directly here or at info@catlabs.info to arrange an order to Canada.

I'd suggest that you enquire further with UPS.

For some of their enhanced services, the brokerage ("customs clearance") fees are included in their fee.

So paradoxically, the apparently more expensive service ends up being cheaper.

Ari
09-17-2013, 09:37 PM
I won't buy anything that uses UPS shipping; their extra "brokerage fees" are an extra annoyance I can do without.
I appreciate the OP going to the trouble of finding out about shipping rates, but UPS is the worst of a bad lot.

adelorenzo
09-17-2013, 10:54 PM
Thanks for checking into that. I live in a remote area (the only US border I'm close to is Alaska!) so UPS usually charges a ton and, as others have mentioned, can be a hassle with the border.

I do like the sound of this kit as I'm looking to try C-41 at home for the first time and I like the idea of an all-liquid kit. Maybe if there are enough people in Canada interested we can figure out some kind of group thing to reduce border fees.