PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 30 Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

ozphoto
02-03-2014, 01:02 AM
All my cards have been addressed and should be posted in the next couple of days. Again apologies for my tardiness to all.

piu58
02-11-2014, 11:58 PM
Yesterday I got the vivid card form ozphoto. Pars pro toto - fine shot with an historical background to think about.

megzdad81
02-21-2014, 11:09 AM
This week my wife coughed up a number of postcards that were lost on her desk ... I got one of those 'what are you going to do about it' looks when I raised an eyebrow.

Old Sparhawk Mill -- Very nice subject and very sharp. I was wondering what effect the tides would have if the river were dam-free to the sea. I loved my week vacation traveling about Maine one fall--I may take my wife up next year if she doesn't cop any more postcards. By the way, what did you mount the photo on?

Wayne Frederick
02-22-2014, 08:15 AM
Bob- thanks for your postcard of the waterfall- the image is well worth the effort you put into it. If you do come to Maine, bring a camera, maybe not a view camera but rather a 35 mm, or else you may end up devoting too much time to photography, which
can irritate one's spouse.

Here is an article about a huge river restoration project up the coast a ways-

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/12/us/maine-dam-removal-a-start-to-restoring-spawning-grounds.html?_r=0

Glad you liked my card, I dry mounted them all in a press to lightweight card stock with the info and addresses already printed.

JimO
04-08-2014, 02:35 PM
rec'd from....

rachelle, mooseonthe loose, "summer last stand" - i like the detail, smoothness and tones
ozphoto, "licdice memorial" - solemn, and nicely done.
johannes, labcoat, " u. of maryland", one of those shots i wish i took, but never seem to do well with! nice job.
bruce mccaughey, steelbar, "the olga store" - should sell quickly
wayne frederick, "old cotton mill - thank god for "recycling"! a beauty.

thanks all

jvo