PDA

View Full Version : FS High speed blue X-ray film

mitch brown
10-04-2013, 07:19 AM
up for sale is a 100 sheet box of 8x10 unexpired ( 09/14 ) vedco high speed blue x-ray film. all fund's will go to APUG $25 plus shipping and any fee's. I will have 4 more boxes for sell of 8 x 10 plus a few boxes of larger in the near future.
thanks
mitch

R Paul
10-04-2013, 06:13 PM
PM sent.

mitch brown
10-04-2013, 07:17 PM
box is sold but more to follow in near future

tiktianc
05-07-2014, 10:18 PM
will more box's also be listed in this classified section?

babyblackguitar
06-08-2014, 12:23 AM
What is a developing method for this? Could this film be used in a traditional photography application?

Tom1956
06-08-2014, 12:44 AM
LFF has a good treatise on the usage of this stuff. Very good pictoral results can be obtained. The developer choices are discussed ad nauseum, with pyro and Rodinal being the top 2 choices. The Rodinal boys put up quite a flak. The pyro boys definitely have the logical advantage in their staining argument. I use Beutler's because it's easy, cheap, and works well enough to steal 10 zones out of a narrow corridor.

Andrew O'Neill
06-09-2014, 01:49 PM
As Tom suggest, LFF has a couple of threads devoted to xray film.

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?48099-X-ray-Film-example-and-comparison&highlight=xray+film+comparison

I have been using both single and double-sided for about 5 years now. Good stuff. Developer? I use Pyrocat-HD. Pretty much anyone will do the job. Just find a dilution and Bob's yer uncle.

StoneNYC
06-09-2014, 02:49 PM
Is this single or double sided x-ray?

jnanian
06-09-2014, 04:29 PM
make sure to have plenty of fixer if you use ( or this is ) double sided
it likes to fill fixer with silver

Tom1956
06-09-2014, 05:20 PM
Is this single or double sided x-ray?

Stone, the cheap stuff is double sided, round corner. I use the green, because it's basically an ortho film, whereas the blue is strictly color-blind Mathew Brady style. The double sided just means you have to watch the mechanical scratching by using flat bottom trays. When that stuff hit the developer, the emulsion turns as soft as a hard-boiled egg. Scratches just to look at it. But the hardening fixer takes care of that, and you end up with some pretty good 8x10 work, and at 30 cents a sheet.

StoneNYC
06-09-2014, 05:56 PM
Stone, the cheap stuff is double sided, round corner. I use the green, because it's basically an ortho film, whereas the blue is strictly color-blind Mathew Brady style. The double sided just means you have to watch the mechanical scratching by using flat bottom trays. When that stuff hit the developer, the emulsion turns as soft as a hard-boiled egg. Scratches just to look at it. But the hardening fixer takes care of that, and you end up with some pretty good 8x10 work, and at 30 cents a sheet.

I know I shoot double sided green 11x14 in a big pinhole camera I made, develop it in JOBO tanks and strip the back side of the emulsion. I'm just wasn't sure what the OP had.

When I get my 8x10 I'll be buying some single sided stuff though.

Tom1956
06-09-2014, 06:34 PM
I use the cheap green double sided. I figure the single sided is so much higher, might as well go a little further and buy regular film. I don't strip it. I just take it as-is, and it is what it is. It's 30 cents a sheet, is what it is. That's the whole deal. Either that or nothing, as I can't afford the nice pan stuff.