PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Shooting Assignment - November-December - "Transport"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

VaryaV
12-22-2013, 01:26 PM
3-5 days max, so at the very latest should be one week from today (29th). Just finished the set now, if I can just keep the pipsqueak (my dog) from digging it up I should be in business. LOL

Stone - Don't know what you're talking about. That horizon edge is very dramatic. But, I know the feeling, I started working outside my comfort zone too and while I was displeased with the pics I did last night, my BF really liked the stuff. I guess it takes time getting used to a new way of working.

Thanks, Sly! Have a great holiday!

StoneNYC
12-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Matt, great bike!
VaryaV - yes , it's open to the end of the year. As I don't expect to be spending New Year's Eve making my final choice, you could probably sneak an entry in on the morning of the first.
Stone, I like that you are thinking outside the box.

Thanks, I'm thinking if someone had a really great shot of the ball traveling down the pole on New Year's that would probably be the winner what do you think? Lol :)

eddie
12-22-2013, 03:58 PM
... I couldn't see the ground glass worth a darn between it being 1am and 20 degrees where my breath fogged everything ...

A college friend, who did a lot of winter VC work, used an upside-down snorkel, to avoid fogging the GG...

StoneNYC
12-22-2013, 05:27 PM
A college friend, who did a lot of winter VC work, used an upside-down snorkel, to avoid fogging the GG...

That's a good idea, but it is also another thing to carry around with me, I think I've got it down at this point, I simply just hold my breath in between times, it seems to work just fine. But good idea.

eddie
12-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Just file it away, for future reference. The series he was doing required a lot of movements, so holding his breath that long was not an option. I also recall him working at well below zero, and getting into the habit of keeping the snorkel in while walking around. He said the air warmed, traveling up the tube... He was quite a sight, in that get-up.

StoneNYC
12-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Just file it away, for future reference. The series he was doing required a lot of movements, so holding his breath that long was not an option. I also recall him working at well below zero, and getting into the habit of keeping the snorkel in while walking around. He said the air warmed, traveling up the tube... He was quite a sight, in that get-up.

Haha I can imagine!

NedL
12-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Oh man, now when the police stop Stone he's going to have some explaining to do. :D

Chris Nielsen
12-23-2013, 01:03 AM
My first crack at an MSA, hope I have followed all the rules and so on, feel free to whack my knuckles if I haven't

First is a F-86 Sabre shot with my RB67 on E100G

Secondly we have a North American Harvard shot with my Nikon F5 on Ektar 100.

And lastly we have a Grumman Ag-Cat shot with my RB67 on E100G again.

Hope you like my photos

TheToadMen
12-23-2013, 03:30 AM
Hi Chris,
I like this second shot very much. You captured the action nicely. Like you were standing on his wing while maneuvering the plane to the runway for a mission.
Welcome to the MSA!!
Bert from Holland

My first crack at an MSA, hope I have followed all the rules and so on, feel free to whack my knuckles if I haven't

Chris Nielsen
12-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Thanks Bert!

TheFlyingCamera
12-24-2013, 02:48 AM
Well, if we're going for out of the box, then:

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/files/6/7/8/5/baulstradeservicestairsversailles.jpg

jcc
12-24-2013, 05:04 AM

I like it. Those propellers are hard to catch!

mooseontheloose
12-24-2013, 07:09 AM
Great photos everyone! Sly, I did shoot almost two rolls for this assignment, unfortunately I haven't had any time to develop them, and as I'm off to Bali tomorrow it looks like I'll miss out on this one again. In any event, I think you'll have a tough time choosing a winner. ;)

jovo
12-24-2013, 07:22 AM
I just realized that a bridge is indeed a means to convey something from one place to another. So, here's this one. :)

VaryaV
12-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Oh John, that's gorgeous!

Here is my entry, I also posted to the MSA Gallery! This was a total blast. I really enjoyed this project. CHEERS!

"It Didn't Make It Back."

VaryaV
12-25-2013, 05:29 PM
I've decided to add this one too. It was very windy and adds a bit of mystery to the shot.

"Took a Wrong Turn and Ended Up in the Spinach."

NedL
12-25-2013, 11:20 PM
... "Took a Wrong Turn and Ended Up in the Spinach."...

:) I was wondering what the bit about digging a hole in the backyard was all about!! Very creative.

Merry Christmas to everyone here in MSA.

sly
12-26-2013, 03:36 PM
Wow! You all are piling them on in the last few days!
Chris, thanks for the wonderful airplane shots. My husband was particularly taken with the Grumman.
Flying Camera, very clever to add your lovely staircase to the MSA. Wonder how many chamber pots and buckets of coal were hauled up and down those stairs.
Jovo, I've been enjoying the images you've been sharing as you get familiar with your new location. I'm glad you choose one to fit into the MSA. Really like the perspective and placement of your bridge.
VaryaV, kind of dark, but very original take on the topic. I especially like the spinach one. Very tall spinach!
And Barbara Ann. Always great to see your thoughtful enties to the MSA. I can't decide between the shopping cart and the young man on a motorbike as a favorite.

NedL
12-28-2013, 12:16 AM
I'm going to try to add a pinhole image and a traditional print for each MSA. We'll see how long I can keep it going... Here's my print for this round.
http://www.apug.org/gallery1/files/5/9/5/0/5/transportdb.jpg

adelorenzo
12-30-2013, 01:10 AM
Wow some fantastic images in this thread. My favorites so far are the Camaro, the bicyclist in motion and the subway photos. (Sorry I can't remember who posted everything)

Here's my entry for this one:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3775/11641303614_213ee6760e_n.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/delorenzo/11641303614/)
SS Klondike (http://www.flickr.com/photos/delorenzo/11641303614/) by Anthony DeLorenzo (http://www.flickr.com/people/delorenzo/), on Flickr

Toyo 4x5 with Nikkor SW 120
Ilford FP4+ developed in HC-110
Cyantype printed on Fabriano postcard paper