PDA

View Full Version : New Darkroom Formulas App

Pages : [1] 2

Digitaltruth
02-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Darkroom Formulas App
for iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad

http://www.digitaltruth.com/apps/darkroomformulas/ (http://www.digitaltruth.com/apps/darkroomformulas/)

Our new Darkroom Formulas app contains an offline database with over 160 recipes for Film Developers, Print Developers, Toners, Intensifiers, Reducers and Alternative processes. If you routinely or occasionally mix formulas, the built in Volume Mixer will adjust all quantities on-the-fly, allowing you to quickly mix the exact amount you need without needing to make any calculation! No more mistakes, no more rummaging around for bits of paper in your lab.

The app allows you to modify existing formulas or enter your own, share, export/import and save.

Key Features:

Powerful Volume Mixer adjusts all ingredients on-the-fly
Offline database - no internet connection required
Over 160 formulas included
Add, Edit & Share you own formulas
Lifetime free updates, no ads, no add-ons
The easy-to-use interface allows you to view the recipes, copy or add your own. Each formula can be divided in up to three parts and each part can contain up to ten ingredients in ml, g, oz, drops, tsp or grains, allowing a total of up to 30 ingredients. Separate areas allow you to view/store specific Mixing Instructions, Dilution, Usage and Notes.

All of the formulas listed on the Digitaltruth web site are included in the app.

Built for iOS7, the universal app is compatible with iOS 5.1.1+ and will run on any suitable iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. An Android version will follow if enough people want it, so let us know!

Lifetime free updates. No ads, no add-ons.

Kevin Caulfield
02-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Android please.

Adrian Twiss
02-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Another request for an Android version.

scherminator
02-04-2014, 07:13 PM
+1 for the' droid

Sent from my LT30a using Tapatalk

RalphLambrecht
02-04-2014, 07:19 PM
keep it Mac only!!

wildbill
02-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Cool.

David A. Goldfarb
02-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Nice. Downloading now.

smithdoor
02-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Any for PC users

Dave

brbeck
02-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Outstanding. Looking at their website it states "coming soon for Android." Who know what that really means but I suspect they are working on it.

Dave Swinnard
02-05-2014, 01:50 AM
Ok, I downloaded it and did a quick check on a formula I use routinely. The Pyrocat HD formula lists double the amount of Pot. Bromide than is currently recommended.

I wonder if other formulas are reported correctly.

No citric acid based stop bath included either.

I look forward to seeing updates.

trythis
02-05-2014, 02:09 AM
Android app please!

Kevin Caulfield
02-05-2014, 05:20 AM
FX2 formula on the website omits the desensitiser (although this is indirectly mentioned).

mgb74
02-05-2014, 10:59 AM
WWFA

(will wait for Android)

Richard Sintchak (rich815)
02-05-2014, 11:08 AM
Link does not work on my iPhone. ;-)

Mainecoonmaniac
02-05-2014, 12:34 PM
I got it on my Iphone. Works well. Now to steal recipes off the internet and load up my app. Nothing beats home cookin'.

Robert Ley
02-05-2014, 01:04 PM
I started to mix my own chemistry and this is precisely the app that I was looking for. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mainecoonmaniac
02-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Here's a source for darkroom recipes I like.
http://www.jackspcs.com/index.htm

Barry S
02-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Just got it--very cool. I think it would be cool if we could share formula files. I just tried creating one and exporting it. They have .drf extensions, so I think we just need to get Sean to add the file type to the attachment list. You just need to email the formula to yourself and open it up on your device to add it to your database.

David A. Goldfarb
02-05-2014, 02:34 PM
I'm not so much interested in the formulas in the database as being able to add my own and then use the calculator to recalculate the formulas for different volumes of solution. To put in your own citric acid stop, for instance, you could pick any stop, change all the ingredients and amounts and the title, and save it to your favorites, and it will be added without changing the formula already there. That's how the MassiveDev app works as well--you can change everything in the processing sequence for a certain film/dev combination and update the title, save it in your favorites, and then use that without losing the info in the database.

Dave Swinnard
02-05-2014, 04:33 PM
I agree with David, the ability to copy and modify into a personal database will be useful. Regarding the quantities calculator, I think this is brilliant. I have one small issue with it though. On several of the two-part formulations I checked, Pyrocat HD, Rolo Pyro, and Kodak D-85b (in Lith/Ortho), the quantity input is used as the total of A+B rather than the total of the two components separately.

I know when I want to make a two-parter, I want the quantities specified for the total of each solution - not the total when mixed. It can make for some odd numbers... e.g. Rollo Pyro: Quantity set to 1000ml, part A start with 266.67 ml of water topping up total volume to 333.33 ml after adding chems, Part B starts with 633.33 ml before mixing in the Sodium Metaborate, for a total of 1000 ml at the end.

Perhaps the app's programmer could make either a modification to allow either setting whether we want an A+B total volume (as it currently stands) or an A, B volume (each, not mixed) as two part formulas are usually presented.