PDA

View Full Version : Lens board ?

dances_w_clouds
02-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Looking for a 56 mm Retaining ring or a 101 x 101 mm lens board with a 57 mm thread. I am trying to mount a Fujinon-EX 135/5.6 lens on to my Beseler 45. I tried the Large Format group but my McAfee will not allow me to go there. This is the only safe one I can use. I have tried the stores in Vancouver but they look @ me with a blank stare. At least @ Leo's the guy got up and looked but 52 & 58 mm was all they had.

Dr Croubie
02-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Is this one of those dealies where it's a regular Copal #1 shutter, but then on a sort of adapter to an odd-sized hole that's somewhere between #1 and #3 sized? I've had two of them, both Electric shutters.
One's on a Technika lensboard that I'm using/keeping, but the other one came on a different-brand lensboard that may or may not fit your beseler, I'll have a look when I get home...

Tom1956
02-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Why in the world would anybody attach a boat anchor like McAfee to his machine? An anti-virus that is as crippling as a virus. The ordinary free AVG is fine. But it's your machine. I'm sorry for you. But best luck on the question you posted.

dances_w_clouds
02-12-2014, 10:13 PM
Why in the world would anybody attach a boat anchor like McAfee to his machine? An anti-virus that is as crippling as a virus. The ordinary free AVG is fine. But it's your machine. I'm sorry for you. But best luck on the question you posted.

Thanks I only need a Lens retainer not advice on my firewall protection. Free ones can be real danger. Thanks anyways.

dances_w_clouds
02-12-2014, 10:30 PM
I seem to have found that the lens cone on the rear of the lens with fit inside a 39 mm board with a bit of tape for an interference fit but I am suspecting this is why the lens has a dent in filter thread portion of the lens. Lens heats up loosening the fit and gravity does it's job bringing the lens to the baseboard/floor. I have contacted SK Grimes whom I am sure has heard about this problem before but I'll still be looking until it is mounted properly. So far I only have 1X 4"x 5"negative to deal with for now but I suspect their will be more.

Tom1956
02-12-2014, 10:36 PM
To be more constructive--now that I have a better idea of what you're doing, have you considered running a bead from a cheapo hot glue gun around the threads?

Dr Croubie
02-12-2014, 10:42 PM
meanwhile, I've just (finally) realised that you're talking enlarger not camera. In which case what I've got won't fit (although I'll check anyway, some bits might be interchangeable).

dances_w_clouds
02-12-2014, 10:47 PM
I just don't know if hanging the lens from the lens glass cone would be such a good idea for it long term. I do not think that they were designed for that. The interference fit will work a few minutes but long term I want it properly mounted. Anyone else do this ?

dances_w_clouds
02-12-2014, 11:05 PM
meanwhile, I've just (finally) realised that you're talking enlarger not camera. In which case what I've got won't fit (although I'll check anyway, some bits might be interchangeable).

From what I have come across is the Copal 3 is about 64.2mm so if I get a Copal 3 sized hole in a 101 x 101 mm lens board. Lens will go through get a 56mm retainer ring on the lens tighten it up and good to go ? Should work in less the retaining ring is too small OD...