PDA

View Full Version : My Gothic Son

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

norm123
03-13-2014, 07:44 AM
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=111734&d=1394307646

Sinar F-1
Zeiss Planar (Linhof) 135 mm at circa f 4.0
HP-5 + souped in D-76 1+1 11min. Tray development
Printed on Ilford MGIV FB at grade 2.5
Selenium toned (KRS) 1+3 7 min.
Scanned from print

Feedback is welcome

benjiboy
03-13-2014, 08:05 AM
I'm not a member of the L.F.F., I suggest if you want to show your work on A.P.U.G. you become a subscriber and put your pictures in the gallery.

Ghostman
03-13-2014, 08:32 AM
I guess for a kid these days Nirvana must be very retro-cool.

Ah, my heart breaks for 1991 :-)

(very nice picture btw)

ntenny
03-13-2014, 09:42 AM
It is a nice picture, but back in the day Nirvana was about as far from goth as you could get. Kids these days, hmph. :-)

There are a lot of miniature-format folks here who won't be members at LFF, though. I agree with Ben: subscribe and gallerize!

-NT

norm123
03-13-2014, 12:35 PM
I'm not a member of the L.F.F., I suggest if you want to show your work on A.P.U.G. you become a subscriber and put your pictures in the gallery.

I just suscribed to APUG.
I figure that it will be easier to publish in this way.

norm123
03-13-2014, 12:36 PM
It is a nice picture, but back in the day Nirvana was about as far from goth as you could get. Kids these days, hmph. :-)

There are a lot of miniature-format folks here who won't be members at LFF, though. I agree with Ben: subscribe and gallerize!

-NT

I just suscribed to APUG.
I figure that it will be easier to publish in this way.

Rick A
03-13-2014, 02:46 PM
Nice photo. My teenage daughter is into steam punk, my old folding cameras make for cool accessories for her.

Sirius Glass
03-13-2014, 04:30 PM
Good Goth! Render unto Goth what Goth hath given!

Great photo!

trythis
03-13-2014, 07:47 PM
Yep, cant see it/

snapguy
03-13-2014, 07:54 PM
There is nothing there for me, whomever is on the other side will not give me access.

Hatchetman
03-13-2014, 08:31 PM
It is in the APUG gallery now.

Tom1956
03-14-2014, 12:22 AM
I'm glad I don't have any kids. There isn't much place in the US any more where you can bring kids up to be like Beaver and Wally Cleaver.

StoneNYC
03-14-2014, 01:55 AM
I'm glad I don't have any kids. There isn't much place in the US any more where you can bring kids up to be like Beaver and Wally Cleaver.

Tom, you're making it too easy to tease you...

Anyway, OP the image is really great, I bet he loves it and it will get him lots of goth girlfriends (and I was once goth, and the girls are... Fun... So watch out!). But yea I never confused Nirvana with being goth... Hmmm

Are you sure he isn't emo, or some other sub culture? Hardcore or screamo or something new I'm not familiar with?

Nice image either way :)

Rick A
03-14-2014, 06:20 AM

I'm raising the last of eight kids in a remote rural town, where the kids don't have a clue who Wally and the beav were. They embrace everything on tv and are very much part of the modern culture. As for the genre of the OPs son, my daughter called him an "emo". I don't have a clue as to what or why.

StoneNYC
03-14-2014, 06:27 AM
I'm raising the last of eight kids in a remote rural town, where the kids don't have a clue who Wally and the beav were. They embrace everything on tv and are very much part of the modern culture. As for the genre of the OPs son, my daughter called him an "emo". I don't have a clue as to what or why.

Yea, emo would at least potentially explain the nirvana shirt... Though of he were emo he might get really defensive about not being emo when you called him emo... (Emo= emotional)

Rick A
03-14-2014, 07:18 AM
Ahh--I see now, said the blind man---as he picked up his hammer and saw.....

Tom1956
03-14-2014, 09:56 AM
Tom, you're making it too easy to tease you...

Anyway, OP the image is really great, I bet he loves it and it will get him lots of goth girlfriends (and I was once goth, and the girls are... Fun... So watch out!). But yea I never confused Nirvana with being goth... Hmmm

Are you sure he isn't emo, or some other sub culture? Hardcore or screamo or something new I'm not familiar with?

Nice image either way :)

Actually when I was a kid in the 60's, our school and our classrooms were almost exactly like Miss Lander's class, and our family and neighborhood lives were almost exactly like Beav, and Larry, and Whitey, Tooey, Lumpy, Chester, and Wally. And there was always a Judy Hensler type in the classroom.
Leave it to Beaver was practically a reality show to me.
Edit: oops, Almost forgot about Eddie Haskell. We had one of those too. His name was Sam Helms.

peteyj10
03-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Yea, emo would at least potentially explain the nirvana shirt... Though of he were emo he might get really defensive about not being emo when you called him emo... (Emo= emotional)

He might just be "scene". Scene and emo kids dress pretty much the same way, but act differently. Scene kids kind of act like skaters...emo kids get overly dramatic about the smallest things in life.

Emo kids are the "I hurt myself so that I can feel alive!" bunch. The "You couldn't possibly understand what I'm going through" kids. The "rip my black cold heart out of my chest and throw it on the ground" kids. The good news is, when emo kids outgrow that phase, many of them become hipsters, which is great for the future of film. Hipsters love film.

StoneNYC
03-14-2014, 10:41 AM
Actually when I was a kid in the 60's, our school and our classrooms were almost exactly like Miss Lander's class, and our family and neighborhood lives were almost exactly like Beav, and Larry, and Whitey, Tooey, Lumpy, Chester, and Wally. And there was always a Judy Hensler type in the classroom.
Leave it to Beaver was practically a reality show to me.
Edit: oops, Almost forgot about Eddie Haskell. We had one of those too. His name was Sam Helms.

More to my earlier "teasing" of you, if your life was so happy, why are you always so bleak now? Lo

StoneNYC
03-14-2014, 10:42 AM
He might just be "scene". Scene and emo kids dress pretty much the same way, but act differently. Scene kids kind of act like skaters...emo kids get overly dramatic about the smallest things in life.

Emo kids are the "I hurt myself so that I can feel alive!" bunch. The "You couldn't possibly understand what I'm going through" kids. The "rip my black cold heart out of my chest and throw it on the ground" kids. The good news is, when emo kids outgrow that phase, many of them become hipsters, which is great for the future of film. Hipsters love film.

hahhaha! I forgot about scene kids! Hah!

And I like the whole hipster transition mindset ;) good call!