PDA

View Full Version : Check your collection!

garryl
02-17-2005, 07:23 AM
from the looks of this add--

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/info/index.jhtml?cm_mmc=NYMetro-_-Fashion%20Event-_-Fashion%20Shopping-_-1

There might be something missingfrom your shelves. :o It looks as if they raided someone closet:)
Have fun trying to ID all the different cameras all you photophile. :D

Ed Sukach
02-17-2005, 07:45 AM
Where did they get these???

Under her left arm ... could it be??? My first camera - an Ansco "Clipper"?!?!
- One never forgets their first love.

Ah, memories of #616 film...

mark
02-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Neat.

jimgalli
02-17-2005, 09:58 AM
What cameras? Were there cameras in that picture? Oh, forgot, this is APUG.

David Brown
02-17-2005, 09:58 AM
There is a large used book store - Half Price Books - here in Dallas that has several of these type and vintage cameras hanging as "decorations" near the photo books. I want a couple of them!!! :mad:

David

PS: Half Price Books is a used book store that is large, not a store that sells used large books ...:rolleyes:

Flotsam
02-17-2005, 11:05 AM
What cameras? Were there cameras in that picture? Oh, forgot, this is APUG.Sad but true. Last night I was watching a movie on TV that at one point featured Christina Applegate with a Leica on her shoulder.
I swear my first reaction was "Wow! Nice camera!" Now that is troubling. :confused:

rbarker
02-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Neat photo, but honestly, rather uncharacteristic for Neiman Marcus. I would have expected more vintage Leicas, Hasselblads, and 'Dorffs. ;)

eric
02-17-2005, 12:35 PM
Probably a composite (digital). If shot in NYC, stylists would walk around looking for them or rent them in places like Lens and Repro. Stylists often buy them and return them. Flea markets has truckloads of them. I remember getting a Rollieflex 2.8 at the flea market on 23rd street. I didn't realize the value of them back then and I sold it for barely nothing.

wfwhitaker
02-17-2005, 01:39 PM
This is very, very reminiscent of "Death by Deardorff".