PDA

View Full Version : Warning: GAS inducing video

Mainecoonmaniac
05-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Love these dudes. Hong Kong is supposed to be high tech, cutting edge and yet, they still love film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38plXCYCvKQ

snapguy
05-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Hummm. Agent Orange was High Tech, Cutting Edge. The AK-47 was low tech, old hat. But who won? I think you should think about reevaluating your apparent opinion that something is better because it is new. I just bought a 60-year-old Rolleiflex and I think it beats all the cameras shown and probably any digital box costing under $3,000. And, as we know, digital is ephermal whereas my Rollei b&w negs will probably last 200 years. That's pretty high tech, IMO.

Mainecoonmaniac
05-27-2014, 01:24 PM
my Rollei b&w negs will probably last 200 years. That's pretty high tech, IMO.

Very true. You also don't need the latest RAW plugin to print your analog Rollei negs either.

Paul Goutiere
05-27-2014, 01:56 PM
I like the guys, but I don't like the cavalier way they sometimes toss cameras around.
I always use neck strap as well, I don't think neck straps have been introduced to these two.

Hatchetman
05-27-2014, 02:10 PM
That video has been out a couple of days and has 130,000 views. But nobody's interested in film.

ambaker
05-27-2014, 03:32 PM
If you are out of GAS, or almost so, that is the video to watch...

I actually was running low on GAS... Not no more! :wink:

Mainecoonmaniac
05-27-2014, 03:48 PM
After watching, don't go to ebay. It's like drinking too much at a bar and stopping off at a tattoo parlor before going home. It's very stupid.

tony lockerbie
05-27-2014, 08:28 PM
After watching, don't go to ebay. It's like drinking too much at a bar and stopping off at a tattoo parlor before going home. It's very stupid.

Hah, exactly...

Jeff Kubach
05-27-2014, 10:54 PM
It was fun to watch. Hong Kong is sure is dense! Like mention before no neck strap.

Jeff

pen s
05-27-2014, 11:24 PM
The 6X7 Fuji folder looks nice. Out of my price range for sure but still appealing. I do have an old Kodak Tourist II 6X9 with a Anastar lens and the flash 800 shutter. It has been converted to 120 and I really need to get it out and shoot. Too many cameras too little time.

Hatchetman
05-28-2014, 08:29 AM
I do have an old Kodak Tourist II 6X9 with a Anastar lens and the flash 800 shutter.

I have one too, but it has not been converted. I'd go broke buying film for it if it was.

Jaf-Photo
05-28-2014, 11:54 AM
That guy Kai is hilarious. But he has a big following so it's excellent news that he's promoting film cameras. On the one hand eBay prices might go up even more, on the other hand more people might be buying film.

To judge by the particpation on photo sharing sites, people in Asisa (especially Japan) do seem to be a little ahead (of Europe at least) when it comes to shooting film.

It seems to be a life style choice for some young people in Asia.

Chan Tran
06-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Love these dudes. Hong Kong is supposed to be high tech, cutting edge and yet, they still love film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38plXCYCvKQ

Not a case of GAS at all. Those 2 dudes made not wanting any of those cameras when they had to go to someone special to get film. They made it seems film is a collectible thing now as they introduced the person with 1000 + rolls of film.

Nuff
06-08-2014, 07:24 PM
Not a case of GAS at all. Those 2 dudes made not wanting any of those cameras when they had to go to someone special to get film. They made it seems film is a collectible thing now as they introduced the person with 1000 + rolls of film.

To my understanding is that the shop hold a guinness world record for the amount of film it has or some such thing. That's why they use it for their show. As in B&H or Yodobashi in Japan don't even compare to that store.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records-1000/largest-collection-of-unprocessed-film/
http://petapixel.com/2012/08/28/the-worlds-largest-collection-of-camera-film/