PDA

View Full Version : Average cost: Voigtländer Avux 6.5x9

baachitraka
06-04-2014, 09:06 AM
I wish I can ask better question than finding average price to pay for Voigtländer Aus 6.5x9 that have Skopar and Ibsor shutter. I find one that is selling Euro 120, seems very high...

Mustafa Umut Sarac
06-04-2014, 01:24 PM
camera Voigtländer, Bergheil 6.5x9 green,HELIAR 3,5/105mm.Lens,GERMANY,old rare See original listing
camera-Voigtlander-Bergheil-6-5x9-green-HELIAR-3-5-105mm-Lens-GERMANY-old-rare
Item Sold
Item condition:Used
Ended: Apr 02, 2014 07:26:50 PDT
Winning bid:US $599.00
[ 1 bid ]
Shipping: $45.00 Standard Int'l Shipping
Item location:Prague 1, Stare Mesto, Czech Republic
Seller:
dmitriykhmara (653 ) Get fast shipping and excellent service from , a top-rated seller | Seller's other items

ntenny
06-04-2014, 03:46 PM
The Heliar is *enormously* more expensive than the Skopar, though, and the location sounds like it might be from one of the Central European vendors who serve the high-end collector community.

In my experience, the 6.5x9 plate cameras are too uncommon to make an easy generalization about price. I have a 6.5x9 Avus in cosmetically poor shape that I got for a song---I basically bought it for the ground glass, and it turns out to be a decently usable camera though rough-looking. I think you just have to watch eBay, the APUG classifieds, and so on for a long time, and jump on a good deal when it comes up.

Euro 120 doesn't really seem outlandish to me, *if* it's in thoroughly good shape and has some film holders with it.

-NT

baachitraka
06-04-2014, 03:56 PM
I may settle down with Zeiss Ikon Ideal with Rollex roll-film adapter.

Mustafa Umut Sarac
06-04-2014, 05:46 PM
Darko Saric lives in Hamburg and he reports film cameras are extremelly cheap at street sellers. He buys a new Leica P&S every week for 5 euros or so. He generously sent me Leica Mini II to me for 15 euros. May be you cant find exactly whatever you find , but you can find you did not expect also. Find a tessar and be happy all your life.120 euros is hell of money for lots of us. Or collect money for two months.