PDA

View Full Version : MCP310, MCP312 at Freestyle

Nelson
06-22-2014, 09:44 AM
I recently noticed that Freestyle put Adox MCP310 and MCP312 paper on clearance. I emailed them about this and this is their response:
"The Adox MCP310 is being discontinued by the manufacturer due to rise in cost of production. If we keep the item in stock, it would cost more than the Ilford papers."

Is Adox truly discontinuing MCP310 and 312?

ADOX Fotoimpex
06-22-2014, 10:19 AM
This seems to be a typing error. It should read" The item is being discontinued by Freestyle" not "by the manufacturer".
We sold MCP for years with a loss in order to compete with other, much larger, manufacturers but lately changed strategy since no one was willing to finance these losses any longer. Rather we scaled down the production to the expected lower sales level and raised prices.
MCP is by no means inferior than other papers on the market. Compared with the above named manufacturer it has the advantage of being a chlorobromide emulsion which can be developed to a warmer image tone in ADOTOL WA or any other warmtone developer. We are convinced that there is a market for MCP even if it is sold in some very competitive markets slightly above the prices of other manufacturers.
Ofcourse this also depends on the distribution structure. If you purchase directly from us, prices are still very competitive.

Thanks for sharing this information,

Mirko

fotch
06-22-2014, 11:46 AM
Good to hear Mirko. Makes sense, how could it cost more to keep in stock if being discontinued. Poorly worded statement by retailer.

pentaxuser
06-22-2014, 01:35 PM
Poorly worded statement by retailer.

Yes and how many times has this been responsible for rumours about the discontinuance of X, Y and Z films, X, Y and Z developers etc? Everytime that one of these "stories" gets blown out of the water it's a pity that the thread can't be closed by a moderator with a smiley that you click on and it plays the "Have you heard it's in the stars next July we collide with Mars" tune from "High Society"

pentaxuser

Nelson
06-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Thanks, Mirko. From previous statements you've made about MCP310, I found it hard to believe that you were discontinuing it! Thanks for the clarification; this is one more example of excellent customer service by Adox!