PDA

View Full Version : Let's all shoot 1 camera and see what happens

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Sanjay Sen
03-22-2005, 11:33 AM
An alternative to this travelling camera would be a single day challenge. Pick a day, everyone has to shoot one roll that day wherever they are, whatever they are doing and post the best one or two shots.

Sort of a combination of the APUG photo challenge and the "Day in the Life" books that were popular about 10-15 years back.

Just a random thought.

Matt

I like Matt's idea. Maybe we can have another project on this...?!

David A. Goldfarb
03-22-2005, 12:21 PM
The APUG anniversary is like that. People post whatever they photographed on the anniversary of APUG in the anniversary gallery. I think the last two anniversary galleries weren't retained when Sean last upgraded the software, but perhaps they could be reinstated.

Glenn Mathison
03-23-2005, 05:38 AM
I'm ok to pay the postage out of Australia to wherever, if I happen to end up as last on the list in Oz...

Seems a small price to pay for the fun of it all :)

Glenn

kwmullet
03-23-2005, 06:13 AM
I like Matt's idea. Maybe we can have another project on this...?!

If we start another project to do this (which, I'd like to do rather than change this one), how about instead of "a day in the life" , randomly choosing one specific time GMT on a specific day, and having everyone take their picture at the same instant?? Granted, some folks would be taking their picture at 12:15pm and others at 3:15am, but wouldn't it be cool to have everyone take their shots at the same time?

-KwM-

Graeme Hird
03-24-2005, 03:19 AM
....Granted, some folks would be taking their picture at 12:15pm and others at 3:15am, but wouldn't it be cool to have everyone take their shots at the same time? -KwM-If I'm shooting at 3.15am, will you accept an image made with a 2 hour exposure?;)

I like the idea - start a new topic and I'm in!

SuzanneR
03-24-2005, 05:20 AM
I'm bummed, I was out of town when this thread got started! If you decide to send a second camera around the world, I'd like to participate!

ggriffi
03-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Hi all:

Well, I finally put the list together for our cameras little trip and will take my shot this weekend and send it on its way. I tried to have it cross borders as little as possible. There are total of seven times when it will cross a border (counting Hawaii).

here is the list in order

Gary Griffin
Richard Wasserman
Jeannette Lubitz
Diane Maher
Kevin W. Mullett
Cha Levias
Eric Maquiling

(goes to Hawaii)
Robert M. Teague

(goes back to CA)
Scott Stadler
Ellen Duralia
M. Walter Lyon
Bob Fowler
Art Liem
John Nanian
Bruce Osgood
David A. Goldfarb
Sanjay Sen

(goes to Canada)
David Swinnard
Pats
John Bartley

(goes to UK)
John Suckling

(goes to Belgium)
Marc Leest

(goes to Denmark)
Morten Damkjaer

(goes to Australia)
Graeme Hird
Glenn Mathison
Nigel Smith
Nicolle Boenig-Mcgrade

End of Journey

I have to admit I have only lurked the last couple of days as I have been having my annual battle with the IRS.

Here's to good shots :D

G

david b
03-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Side Note:

I am working with my local community college to have a photo class where all the students in the class will use the same type of camera (probably a holga) so that the class will be based on content and subject matter rather than who has the better camera.

Nicole
03-24-2005, 11:32 PM
YAY! I get to see them first!!! :P Thanks G So how long do we think it might take for the little traveller to make it's way to the end of the line? Might be a good idea to post in here every time someone sends the camera off to the next person so we can see where its at.
Cheers, Nicole

ggriffi
03-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Nicolle,

I am figuring about 6 to 7 months before you see it. I put you last because you were willing to have them processed. I have been catching up and saw that someone is interested in getting prints or maybe a cd of the images. Don't know how we can go about that, but I wouldn't mind having a scanned image of mine.

G

Sanjay Sen
03-24-2005, 11:42 PM
YAY! I get to see them first!!!
Lucky you... :)

Nicole
03-24-2005, 11:46 PM
Side Note:

I am working with my local community college to have a photo class where all the students in the class will use the same type of camera (probably a holga) so that the class will be based on content and subject matter rather than who has the better camera.

Good idea David, although I don't believe it's the type tool you use, it's more how you use it.

Nicole
03-24-2005, 11:51 PM
OK G, I won't be holding my breath! :) Sometime further down the track everyone can let me know what I'm to do with the negs, scans...

gr82bart
03-25-2005, 12:46 AM
Hey Nicole,

Tell us how much a CD or a set of 4x6 prints of all the images would cost. Plus postage. We could send you the money in advance of the camera getting there.

Who keeps the negs? I say send them to Sean!

Art.

Glenn Mathison
03-25-2005, 05:55 AM
Waiting 5 or 6 months is gonna kill me !!!

Hurry everyone, shoot then post, shoot then post, it needs to be our group mantra :)

Glenn

gbroadbridge
03-25-2005, 06:05 AM
I was away overseas when this thread hit the forum, but please count me in for the next globetrotting camera :-)

Graham.

bobfowler
03-25-2005, 07:04 AM
Hey Nicole,

Tell us how much a CD or a set of 4x6 prints of all the images would cost. Plus postage. We could send you the money in advance of the camera getting there.

Who keeps the negs? I say send them to Sean!

Art.

My local lab that produces a CD at processing time makes jpg files in the 200-250K size range from 35mm color images ("good enough" for a 4X6 inkjet print). Since this will be B&W, the images will probably be even smaller in size. I'm sure most labs are pretty much the same. Having said that, I have 500MB of storage space on my Verizon account - of which I use little - and in the spirit of keeping APUG's bandwidth use a bit lower, I would be more than happy to host the images on my web space so all participants can download the full load at their leisure.

Digidurst
03-25-2005, 07:51 AM
Hi all:

Well, I finally put the list together for our cameras little trip and will take my shot this weekend and send it on its way. Here's to good shots :D

G

Awesome! Sounds like our little project is about to lift off :) Hey Gary, thanks for going to all the trouble to organize this!!

Now if I may make another suggestion... How about after we take our shot, we write a little note with info like our subject, time, date, etc.? At the end it will be easy to credit each photographer and we'll have a little journal that has traveled with the camera. I'm not talking book-length - just a little note. And if there's anything I can contribute as far as scanning, data entry, whatever - just let me know.

Thanks again Gary - we're all so excited!

tomtom
03-25-2005, 08:47 AM
nicole - i'd like a set of 4x6's and a cd of the pix as well as help with the processing cost. i'll send it in advance too. just let me know how much money to send and the best way to send it :)

tomtom

ggriffi
03-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Now if I may make another suggestion... How about after we take our shot, we write a little note with info like our subject, time, date, etc.? At the end it will be easy to credit each photographer and we'll have a little journal that has traveled with the camera. I'm not talking book-length - just a little note. And if there's anything I can contribute as far as scanning, data entry, whatever - just let me know.!

Digi,

On the paper that will accompany the camera which has all the adresses for the route of the camera there is space on the right hand side for this, or we can just use the back of the paper.

G