PDA

View Full Version : Let's all shoot 1 camera and see what happens

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Nige
05-25-2005, 05:31 AM
I'd like to say, how about we pull our fingers out when the camera lands with you, take your shot and move it on! Also, communicate what's happening either in this thread or to Art.

gr82bart
05-25-2005, 06:03 AM
Hi Guys,

So far I've only got 7 of the original names confirmed. Please confirm by giving me your mailing address via PM. No one from overseas has confirmed yet.

This concerns me. Please spread the word.

I agree with Nige on taking the pic quickly and communicating promptly. As coordinator, I'll be 'gently' prodding...hehehehe

One more change to the system. You will have to confirm by posting a message that you recieved the camera. When you do this I will PM the next mailing address. This will allow us to know where the camera is at all times.

Like a play by play :D I think it will make the thread interesting too if you post what you took a picture of.

OK I have PMed all those that publically posted. If you aren't in, also PM me. This way I can coordinate and ask for new volunteers. This new system might allow me to check periodically if people are too busy or not and I could change the route as necessary. Just keep the camera going.

Cha Levias is the only one that I don't have a monniker/handle for, so I can't PM him. If I don't hear from him soon, I'll have to adjust the route.

Regards, Art.

ggriffi
05-25-2005, 06:35 PM
to all,

Sorry for not checking the thread lately, and i have a story for you. Title it "I thought it was lost again". On the Tuesday that I was going send it back out, my wife volunteered to take it as we were also going to send somethings to our kids and grandchildren. So I helped her put all the boxes in the trunk and off she went. When she got back she told me everything went ok. Didn't worry about it figured everything was fine. Then I looked at the thread yesterday and saw the post from Nige and wondered what the h*** happened. so I dug out the receipt from UPS and found the camera receipt wasn't there. Checked with the better half and she was sure everything went. Looking in the trunk didn't see the envelope that I packed it in UNTIL I moved the box that we have emergency items in. So, it is safely (hopefully on its way again.

G

gr82bart
05-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Umm...Gary? I guess this means the original route stays? Your last post implies you just sent out the replacement camera to Richard Wasserman (disfromage). Is that correct?

Art.

ggriffi
05-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Umm...Gary? I guess this means the original route stays? Your last post implies you just sent out the replacement camera to Richard Wasserman (disfromage). Is that correct?

Art.

Yes, I sent it along the same route.

G

gr82bart
05-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Yes, I sent it along the same route.
Great! Although Gary, you may want to check with a few people who PMed me today that they have dropped out. I will PM you the details.

Well, to everyone else. I'll hold on to the camera I picked up for round 3.

Regards, Art.

Richard Wasserman
05-25-2005, 09:55 PM
I'm getting a camera? I'll let everyone know when it arrives and also when I send it on its merry way. I sure hope things go more smoothly this time.

Richard W

gr82bart
05-26-2005, 03:29 AM
Just to be clear to everyone, ggriffi (Gary) is now back to coordinating this, not me.

Art.

tomtom
05-26-2005, 09:26 AM
i pm'd you yesterday art. i'm still in with whichever camera, route or coordinator we use :)
have a great day all,
tomtom

Hi Guys,

Cha Levias is the only one that I don't have a monniker/handle for, so I can't PM him(should read her). If I don't hear from him(her) soon, I'll have to adjust the route.

Regards, Art.

Richard Wasserman
05-26-2005, 11:34 PM
The camera arrived today safe and sound. I'll take my picture and send it on to Jeanette (BWGirl) in a couple days.

gr82bart
05-29-2005, 06:18 AM
i pm'd you yesterday art. i'm still in with whichever camera, route or coordinator we use :) Hi Cha,

Sorry for the gender mismatch! I got the PM, but Gary's back in the saddle seat.

To Everyone else, ignore all the PMs I sent and the previous posts I made here. Sorry for the confusion. I was just trying to get things moving in a coordinated manner.

Art.

Richard Wasserman
05-31-2005, 10:59 PM
Just wanted everyone to know that I took my picture and sent the camera on to Jeanette (bwgirl) by UPS.

Richard

BWGirl
06-02-2005, 07:01 AM
Got the camera!

BWGirl
06-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Sent the camera through the mail (with a confirmation of reciept this time) to Diane! :D

Let's keep our fingers crossed. I used the great box Riachard sent it to me in!

ggriffi
06-16-2005, 06:13 PM
So should take it as a good sign that no one has posted or emailed that the camera is missing again? :D

Gary

BWGirl
06-16-2005, 08:00 PM
Well, Diane pm'd me that she'd received the camera, so I assume she's either got it, or has send it on its way!

kwmullet
06-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Assuming that we're going by the original list, not the second list that was published, that would mean I'm next in line. I've received neither a PM, E-Mail or Camera.

Diane -- shoot me an E-Mail or PM and let me know if you've sent it my way. Maybe it's at the post office and the "you've got a package waiting" slip blew out of my mailbox or something...

Kevin Mullet
Denton, TX

ggriffi
06-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Kevin,

I sent it with the original list, so maybe everything is ok.

g

colrehogan
06-17-2005, 07:10 AM
Sorry, I still have it! It rained most of last week, so I didn't get the shot I wanted. I plan to do that tomorrow morning. It's a morning shot and I'm at work by the time the sun comes up. :(

kwmullet
06-17-2005, 08:57 AM
Cool news, Diane. Happy to find out the camera is creatively and not administratively or logistically queued. :)