PDA

View Full Version : North Texas APUG get together

Pages : 1 [2]

kwmullet
04-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Dianna and I can be there anytime up until 6pm on Saturday, assuming there's no problem with kidcare.

photomc
04-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Will try to make it if I can, on the electronic leash this week and week-end, so work gets priority (darn it...) over everything else. Will be fun to meet everyone..

kwmullet
04-07-2005, 10:43 AM
[*BuMp*]

What's the current concensus about when the get-together starts?
Should the first of us to get there get a booth, then we'll just add a table or two onto it as/if the group gets larger and/or we need room for more pies?

Oh -- another thing just occured to me. I've only met Jeremy in person, and seen Lee and David from their avitars. I might not recognize the APUG group unless Jeremy is there already or unless most folks plan on bringing a camera with them.

Maybe I'll just have to eavesdrop on the conversations and listen for keywords like "Rodinal", "Azo" or "F@*&#^$ digital" :)

-KwM-

David Brown
04-07-2005, 01:29 PM
[QUOTE=kwmulletWhat's the current concensus about when the get-together starts?... I might not recognize the APUG group ... :) [/QUOTE]

Kevin, et al:

I was going to PM everyone later today, but this is OK, as maybe more will see it and show up. :)

I'm going to be there about 3:00, and stay as long as anybody wants - within reason ;) .

Lee said he'll be wearing a D70 "Gimme Cap". (I didn't ask ... :confused: ) I look pretty much just like my avitar, since it is my work ID badge photo :p .

See everyone there!!

David

PS: I have a goal of someday posting a single message using all of the smilies ...

Jeremy
04-07-2005, 01:43 PM
PS: I have a goal of someday posting a single message using all of the smilies ...

:p :D :o :rolleyes: :mad: ;) :( :confused: :cool:

Who says you need a reason? :)

kwmullet
04-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Kevin, et al:

I was going to PM everyone later today, but this is OK, as maybe more will see it and show up. :)

I'm going to be there about 3:00, and stay as long as anybody wants - within reason ;) .

Lee said he'll be wearing a D70 "Gimme Cap". (I didn't ask ... :confused: ) I look pretty much just like my avitar, since it is my work ID badge photo :p .
[...]

I'll try and be there in the neighborhood of 2:45/3:00. I'll probably be either the only or the first person there sporting a Zorki-2s w/Jupiter-8. :)

If Dianna succeeds in getting in to work tomorrow by 5am, she'll be able to come too. :o

We're about to call in contractors for various bids on parts of the darkroom. Brace yourself for lots of related questions and discussion. :)

-KwM-

photomc
04-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Surprise no one else has posted anything...David, Lee, Jeremy, Keven, Neal and myself all met yesterday (Sat) for a good visit and discussion about photography.

David, a big thank you for getting this organized..you have to figure we were all interested, just by the fact that we all lived some distance away from where we met up. I think Jeremy and Kevin tried to break their cameras by grabbing some shots of this group. Lee showed us some of his work (the new stuff is looking very good), David had some of his work to show us..need to get some of that posted in the gallery David.

Can't speak for the others, but had a good time.

lee
04-10-2005, 10:59 AM
David and all the others,

I too enjoyed meeting all yall and sharing conversation with yall. I wish I could have stayed but previous plans with the wife had to be kept. I look forward to doing this again and I hope more show up next time

lee\c

David Brown
04-10-2005, 11:56 AM
...David, Lee, Jeremy, Keven, Neal and myself all met yesterday (Sat) for a good visit and discussion about photography... you have to figure we were all interested, just by the fact that we all lived some distance away from where we met up. ... Can't speak for the others, but had a good time.

Thanks, everyone!! Yeah, we all traveled a bit. Three from Ft. Worth and two from Denton! I guess I was the closest, I only had to go about 20 miles ... ;)

I hope this will happen more, with even more people! Maybe next time in Tarrant or Denton County???

Also, let's get some shooting dates going, and visits to museums galleries, etc. We were all so busy talking, we didn't "talk" about any of that stuff. (Well, Jeremy and I talked a little about Jock Sturges...)

Looking forward to the workshop next month with Les!

Cheers, y'all.

David Brown

kwmullet
04-10-2005, 11:18 PM
I had a blast.

I was waiting until I got my negs back from the hour processor so I could include a link to some scans, but the negs were too dense for the minilab at Target to print. I'll have to wait until I get my film scanner moved to this house to scan them and see what's what.

Dunno what the issue was. I was shooting at 1/25 @ anywhere between 2 and 2.8 using Ilford XP2. (iso400 chromogenic).

Another roll I shot subsequent to that, also using 1/25 on the Zorki, all turned out just fine. The only thing I can think is that the fabric paint I used the night before to repair a pinhole in my shutter curtain might still have been tacky enough to cause a delay as the curtain was unrolling... naw, that can't be it, 'cause it's on a part of the curtain that's exposed when the shutter is cocked, so it would be WOUND on a spool during exposure, not UNWOUND.

Anyway... the outing was a feast for my eyes and mind. A wondefully diverse group of folks. Reminds me of the old saw:

"What do art students talk about when they get together?"
"Different schools of art thought, composition, creative motivation"
"What do artists talk about when THEY get together?"
"Where they found a good sale on brushes or canvas."

I think most of us are somewhere in between. I really hope we all (plus any other APUGgers we can pull into the fray) get together at least once every two months or so. Maybe we can alternate between input and output sessions. We could all go somewhere to shoot (abandoned rail yards, auto salvage yard, Dianna reminded me that there's an aircraft salvage yard around here that would be great), then the next meeting, we could go to a local gallery then compare notes on what we've seen as well as any prints we have from the previous meeting.

Maybe my images were so overexposed because everyone I was shooting was just so damn bright! :)

-KwM-

Jeremy
04-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Maybe my images were so overexposed because everyone I was shooting was just so damn bright! :)

My parents do call me son :D

It was great time and I hope to have some prints to share next time. David: taking a quick break from homework--the drudgery of translating 50 lines of Latin--but will send you a PM on the enlarger height when I have finished.

David Brown
04-23-2005, 05:55 PM
-KwM-

No, I think you just had the wrong f stop ... :p

Anyway, here's my picture of the group. I'm not in it, of course, because I took it. As I've said before, I look just like my avitar ...

I PM'd everyone to be sure that no one objected to their mug shot on the internet, and no one did. However, I elected not to label everyone and just let most of you guess who's who! :confused:

Cheers y'all!

David

kwmullet
04-24-2005, 12:18 AM
omg. I just realized I'm the only one not wearing a hat. Not only is everyone wearing a hat... everyone is wearing a GREEN HAT! Jeremy's hat is reversed.
I wonder what the teleological import of all this is.

David -- were you wearing a hat?

More down to earth... do you remember what you shot at? I was shooting at IE400, f2, 1/25 or 1/50 (or maybe I was about 2.8 @ 1/25).

-KwM-

David Brown
04-24-2005, 10:15 AM
omg. I just realized I'm the only one not wearing a hat. Not only is everyone wearing a hat... everyone is wearing a GREEN HAT! Jeremy's hat is reversed.
I wonder what the teleological import of all this is.-
Your hair isn't gray! (I assume Jeremy's isn't either, but he's so young ... )

David -- were you wearing a hat?-
Having said the above, no.

More down to earth... do you remember what you shot at? I was shooting at IE400, f2, 1/25 or 1/50 (or maybe I was about 2.8 @ 1/25).-
No, I shot with a Maxxum on full auto.

Cheers

David

PS: bonus points for "teleological" :p

kwmullet
04-26-2005, 07:20 AM
I posted my shots from the get-together at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/circlesofconfusion/sets/271200/

Here's a teaser:
http://photos7.flickr.com/11016846_37c1032397_m.jpg

-KwM-

goo0h
09-25-2011, 08:40 PM
I posted my shots from the get-together at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/circlesofconfusion/sets/271200/

Here's a teaser:
http://photos7.flickr.com/11016846_37c1032397_m.jpg

-KwM-

I've always liked these photos. Wish you would take more.