PDA

View Full Version : Filmentwicklungsgerat B. A WHAT???

Pages : [1] 2

Randy
04-04-2005, 07:11 PM
I recently acquired this item and I think I know that it is a developing system for 80mm film. I has several discs of various sizes, tanks of various sizes, film loader of some kind, and a full instruction book and illustration book (both in German) all packed away neatly in a fitted wood box with an APO return address and overpainted OD green. All the parts are a brown bakelite type material. It appears to be complete except for the thermometer (I recognized that word) and the supply of cloth rags. Anybody know what the heck it really is?

Ornello
04-04-2005, 07:17 PM
I recently acquired this item and I think I know that it is a developing system for 80mm film. I has several discs of various sizes, tanks of various sizes, film loader of some kind, and a full instruction book and illustration book (both in German) all packed away neatly in a fitted wood box with an APO return address and overpainted OD green. All the parts are a brown bakelite type material. It appears to be complete except for the thermometer (I recognized that word) and the supply of cloth rags. Anybody know what the heck it really is?

Film processing device is all it means...

Flotsam
04-04-2005, 10:40 PM
It means "Driving Pleasure"

Wait, No, that's fahrvergnugen

jd callow
04-04-2005, 10:46 PM
It means we're going to see the Dead and we're all going to trip.

No, that would be fuhckingroovin.

Ole
04-05-2005, 02:54 AM
It's a film developing apparatus. I've never seen this thing, and it's a bit difficult to read the manual in the pictures, so that's about all I can say from the information given.

jovo
04-05-2005, 07:46 AM
that's fahrvergnugen

No, that's fourfignewtons

titrisol
04-05-2005, 10:34 AM
looks like a primitive patterson tank with interchangeable spiral discs
maybe you can scan a couple of pages of the manual

eumenius
04-06-2005, 12:17 AM
all packed away neatly in a fitted wood box with an APO return address and overpainted OD green. Anybody know what the heck it really is?

Hmmm, judging from its looks, that can easily be a Luftwaffe kit to develop your Agfa films straight in the air... over London, maybe? :) At least the colour and shape of the box are suggestive about it. Don't know exactly why, but the foirst thing that came to my mind is a picture of a guy with Linhof making an air reconaissance :) The German equipment of those years does always sound like an echo of war. I am sure your 80mm would come out fine from it, though.

medform-norm
05-24-2005, 09:16 PM

If you scan in the manual we can translate the basics for you - our german is quite reliable - and afterwards you will have the *Vergnügen* to know what this is all about. BTW: is it in gothic letters or roman script? Tells something about the age of this set.

Cheers, Norm

Try these word for tongue-breakers:

automatikus elöhívótank-mozgato berendezés (automatic film agitator)

or

nagyméretü kihuzatos fényképezögép (view camera)

David A. Goldfarb
05-24-2005, 10:40 PM
So Norm, who is this "we"? I know you've mentioned that there are two of you in there sharing one username. Do you both post in the same voice? Do you have two names, or are you both named "Norm" ("Norma" and "Norman," "Norma" and "Norma," "Norman" and "Norman"?), or is "Norm" some kind of normalized compound name?

Michel Hardy-Vallée
05-24-2005, 11:00 PM
OMG IT'S A BOMB, GET THE FUDGE OUTTA HERE!!

Hehe.

TheMissingLink
05-25-2005, 01:38 AM
Randy,

the previous speaker seem to be right: It looks like to be out of the time of war, latest the fifties ... or to be made/pakced for the NVA, the army of the DDR ... but it can also be a relict of the GErman Army of these days, the use mostly some older stuff ...

If you have the possibility to scan the pages and there are less than ..120?! ;-) ... I'd translate them.

Horst

medform-norm
05-25-2005, 04:04 AM
So Norm, who is this "we"? I know you've mentioned that there are two of you in there sharing one username. Do you both post in the same voice? Do you have two names, or are you both named "Norm" ("Norma" and "Norman," "Norma" and "Norma," "Norman" and "Norman"?), or is "Norm" some kind of normalized compound name?

Why you want to know? Does it matter? Or is this pure neighbourly interest?

Okay, here's the deal even if it feels like we're blowing our cover ;-)

We are both involved with photography, but one half of us is better at writing English and more easy with words than the other, whilst the other half is better at technical and optical issues. When joining this forum, we wanted this community to have the benefit of both our abilities. Hence the one name. The medform-norm is just a kind of avatar name.

Does this help?

Cheers, norm

medform-norm
05-25-2005, 04:05 AM
Randy,

the previous speaker seem to be right: It looks like to be out of the time of war, latest the fifties ... or to be made/pakced for the NVA, the army of the DDR ... but it can also be a relict of the GErman Army of these days, the use mostly some older stuff ...

If you have the possibility to scan the pages and there are less than ..120?! ;-) ... I'd translate them.

Horst

Randy, now you've got two offers on translation! If the manual is over 120 pages, we might be able to split up the job!

Cheers, Norm

David A. Goldfarb
05-25-2005, 05:57 AM
Just neighborly interest.

jd callow
05-25-2005, 07:04 AM
Reading Med-norms posts I am left with a vision of a literate photo Gollum. "We loves our precious heliar"

no offence meant

medform-norm
05-25-2005, 07:15 AM
Reading Med-norms posts I am left with a vision of a literate photo Gollum. "We loves our precious heliar"

no offence meant

hahaha! Must have slipped my attention, and I never use the spell check either.

I'll go slither some more in the dark room of my mind now...

But hey, I do a great job at hiding the fact that I have a university degree, wouldn't you think???

Greetz, Norm

jd callow
05-25-2005, 07:22 AM
You do very well especially compared to my attempts.

medform-norm
05-25-2005, 07:55 AM
You do very well especially compared to my attempts.

Thanks for the compliment, I really needed that. Perhaps if you keep following my posts closely, you too can learn to do a better job at this...:-)

medform-norm
05-25-2005, 07:57 AM

Thanks David,

Gollem sometimes gets a little worried that someone wants to steal his precious anonimity