PDA

View Full Version : 127 negative pages/sleeves?

sionnac
04-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Looking for a source for 127 negative protectors - pages or sleeves, preferably pages (to make contact sheets).
Tried J&C and Light Impressions (no luck).
Thanks for any leads.
Note: 120 pages don't seem to hold them flat, and so I'm looking for the correct size.

Dave Parker
04-12-2005, 07:39 PM
You might contact print file, seems to me I remember them still having those available.

http://www.printfile.com

Dave

titrisol
04-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Try printfile or frugalphotographer... freestyle could be a last resort as well

dschneller
04-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Looking for a source for 127 negative protectors - pages or sleeves, preferably pages (to make contact sheets).
Tried J&C and Light Impressions (no luck).
Thanks for any leads.
Note: 120 pages don't seem to hold them flat, and so I'm looking for the correct size.

Hi, I use the 120 pages and place a piece of glass over the sleeves to keep the 127 negs flat when making contact prints.

Dave

sionnac
04-13-2005, 06:15 AM
Thanks Dave - I do use the glass, just wanted to keep the negatives from curling in the sleeves, which they do when I use 120. Thanks for all suggestions. I might buy some acid free tissue and fold my own...

04-13-2005, 07:02 AM
I've never seen them, and I've checked out pretty much every source of 127 materials. If anyone tracks them down I'd LOVE to know. I just use 120 sleeves. They do stop curling eventually, when they've been in the file for a month or two.

Curling is just what 127 seems to do. I'm not sure if the Efke base is more prone than most, but I think there's just something about the size and weight of the film - 35mm is too small to curl, 120 to heavy - 127 just wants to wrap itself up into a little ball!

Wouldn't trade it for anyting else though!

What are you shooting with?

Ian

sionnac
04-14-2005, 09:30 AM
Hi Ian - I have a Falcon Miniature Deluxe with a 50 mm Minivar Lens - nothing fancy, small, I or T only (no shutter speed or aperture control). Some images on my webpage.

dschneller
04-14-2005, 10:26 AM
Hi Ian - I have a Falcon Miniature Deluxe with a 50 mm Minivar Lens - nothing fancy, small, I or T only (no shutter speed or aperture control). Some images on my webpage.

Sionnac, check out Ian's site at www.onetwoseven.org.uk (http://www.onetwoseven.org.uk) for all things 127. Maybe you could contribute to the gallery there.

Cheers,
Dave

Woolliscroft
04-15-2005, 12:22 PM
127 just wants to wrap itself up into a little ball!

I'm glad it's not just me. I have been leant a load of 127 negs taken during WWII by my grandfather in law and it has taken me ages to get them to lie flat enough to print. They are on Agfa nitrated cellulose based film.

David.

04-15-2005, 07:05 PM
I have a Falcon Miniature Deluxe

The whole falcon history is really bizarre. They were bought by Harold Rubin, who was a marketing guy. He rebranded, and renamed them so many times its just funny:

The were also known as Spartus, Utility, Acro, Camera Man, Elgin Labs, Photocraft, Cinex, King Sales, Faultless, Bernard Products, Monarch Mfg, Magestic, Galter, Mar Crest Mfg, Remington, Deluxe Products, Rolls Camera Mfg, Waldorf and of course the classic Seymour Sales!

The give away is that most (apart from some early falcons - based in New York), were all made in Chicago, and labeled as such. Any obscure brand from chicago is probably a Spartus derivative. The exception is Imperial.

Ian

sionnac
04-16-2005, 09:34 AM
Ian - I love the Zeiss Baby Box Tengor description - maybe I need one of those...
Cool Falcon details, thank you!

04-17-2005, 05:46 AM
I recently ran a film through the baby Tengor, and the results were really nice. I'll post a couple when I get them scanned.

Definatly one worth watching out for...

Ian

sionnac
04-19-2005, 10:22 AM
My brilliant boyfriend took a page of regular 120 sleeves, heated up a metal butter knife on the gas stovetop, placed the sleeve on some tile and scored the sleeve across with the hot knife to make the plastic melt into another seal, making the sleeve smaller. Works fine. Problem solved!

dschneller
04-19-2005, 11:56 AM
Nice solution, I'll have to give it a try!

Dave