PDA

View Full Version : Let's all shoot 1 camera, Part Deux?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Bob F.
09-20-2005, 11:02 AM
Some Glycin I ordered from Photographers Formulary took 8 days to work its way through UK customs last week... They didn't bother opening it though...

Cheers, Bob.

mikeg
09-20-2005, 01:20 PM
Patrick, Mike - does anyone know where the camera is now? I can quite believe that UK security is taking a close look at packages entering the country right now. Hope it shows up soon.

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

No it hasn't arrived here yet :( Have you heard from Patrick? UK Customs shouldn't hold it up too long if at all as Belgium is in the EU. We don't have to provide a customs green CN22 form when posting small packages within the EU. So, it may be down to the vagaries of the postal system. For example, a few months ago I posted some film to Ole and Morten. Ole's took 4 days, whereas Morten's took nearly 3 weeks!

Cheers

Mike

Nathan Smith
09-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Nope, haven't heard anything from him since his posting on 8/30. Hasn't replied to a PM either. Hope all's well with him. Guess we'll just have to wait it out.
Thanks,
Nathan

Ole
09-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Patrick just cancelled his appearance at the Norwegian (U)LF gathering, so there may be something there. I'll see what I can find out (tactfully).

janvanhove
09-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Sorry about the delay, I'm not guilty, and not the British customs... I've been sick for nearly two weeks, and didn't get around to posting the camera... Really sorry about that, it should be off before the end of the week...

re-sorry...

PJ

Nathan Smith
09-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Sorry about the delay, I'm not guilty, and not the British customs... I've been sick for nearly two weeks, and didn't get around to posting the camera... Really sorry about that, it should be off before the end of the week...

re-sorry...

PJ

Hi Patrick -

I'm sorry to hear that you've been ill, but glad that you're well enough to make it back to the computer! The camera will get there ... just glad to know it's not lost and you're still among the living.

Nathan

mikeg
09-20-2005, 05:34 PM

Hi Patrick,

Don't worry about the camera, hope you're feeling better soon.

Regards

Mike

janvanhove
09-21-2005, 02:38 AM
I'll give a shout here as soon as it's on its way....

Cheers,
PJ

gbroadbridge
10-03-2005, 09:29 AM
I think the next camera to travel the world needs a few more rules attached.

I'd really like the camera to only stay in one place for 7 days - shoot or pass on. Just a shot out of your window will interesting.

Graham.

janvanhove
10-04-2005, 09:29 AM
Yeah, I agree, that guy in Belgium holding to that camera is just getting on my nerves....
Wait, hold on, it's me...

Sorry again guys for the delay, the shot itself was actually fast, it's the sending off of the camera that took time... And the postal offices in Belgium are open in nicely convenient hours which coincidently are the same as my working hours.... grrrr...

Anyhow, no need to blame the postal system, it's all my fault, sorry again for the delay...

PJ

janvanhove
10-04-2005, 09:30 AM
Ho, by the way, the camera has been given to the tender care of the Belgian postal system yesterday, so should be arriving in UK before the end of the week...

PJ

mikeg
10-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Thanks Patrick,

I'll let everyone know when it arrives here.

Cheers

Mike

mikeg
10-07-2005, 08:22 AM
The camera has arrived -- thanks Patrick. I'll try and take the photo over the weekend if it stops raining and get it sent down to Bob.

Cheers

Mike

mikeg
10-17-2005, 07:54 AM
It's finally stopped raining and brightened up enough for me to pop out and take my photo. I'll try and get it in the post tomorrow.

Mike

mikeg
10-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Camera sent today to Bob.

Mike

Bob F.
10-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Camera arrived safely...

Nathan - the yellow plastic box was a good idea: lets you completely remove the previous person's sealing tape without damaging the packaging at all. Still looking good...

I'll try to get it on its way downunder by Monday (but the heavens have opened here after a few weeks of good weather, with more rain forecast)...

Cheers, Bob.

janvanhove
10-20-2005, 03:34 PM
I really am looking forward to seing everyone's photoraphs...
Gettin close to the bottom of the list...

PJ

SuzanneR
10-20-2005, 03:58 PM
I know... not only will it have travelled the continents, but the seasons as well!!

wiseowl
10-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Is there any intention of doing a round 3?
If so I'm interested in joining (UK based.) as I now seem to have a bit of time to do some photography again and I'm looking for something to fire me up.

Bob F.
10-20-2005, 07:17 PM
I know... not only will it have travelled the continents, but the seasons as well!!Well, when I send it to Aussie, it will go from Autumn to Spring in a few hours - time travel, APUG style...

da da dum,
da da dum,
da da dum,
da. da. da.
da da dum,
da da dum,
da da dum,
da. da. da.

whhhheeeeooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww......

Cheers, Bob.