PDA

View Full Version : Let's all shoot 1 camera, Part Deux?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

Nathan Smith
10-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Bob, you're quite the lyricist!

wiseowl, I think you should start Round 3. If you check out this thread and the Round 1 thread you'll find a number of folks who missed out - and a number of us would take part if there are shots left over.

Several suggestions have been made for the next round, mostly to make things go a bit faster. One was to limit the number to something like 12 and each get 2 shots. Another was to put a time limit on how long each person is to keep it, I'm not sure I'm in favor of that one - you can't enforce it and it seems like it would just cause arguements. The plastic box worked I think (thanks Bob F.), it's as light as cardboard but more durable so every other person didn't have find a new box, and it was lined with foam rubber so there's no bother in packing and unpacking. It would be fun if you could find a cheap old camera with adjustable shutter and aperture settings :0)

Go for it. I had fun organizing this one, but next time I'd like to be just one of the stops on its route. Thanks to ggriffi for starting Round1 and to everyone who jumped on board, it's been a blast and I haven't even seen the photos yet!

Nathan

Bob F.
10-31-2005, 12:10 PM
The camera is on its way to Oz... I just hope the Post Office have fed the carrier pigeons well.

Bob.

Nathan Smith
10-31-2005, 12:29 PM
Woohoo! It's off to Oz we go!

Bob F.
10-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Just remembered...

I noticed when I went to the Post Office to post the camera that there were new stamps available commemorating the England cricket team's victory for the first time in donkey's years over Australia in the recent Test series (The Ashes) - yes, I know, sad innit!. Anyway, two values are available: 30 pence (UK 1st class postage) and 68 pence... Odd, I thought, so I looked it up... guess how much it costs to send an airmail letter to Australia?... Nice to see someone at the Post Office has a sense of humour... ;)

Cheers, Bob.

mikeg
11-01-2005, 04:19 AM
... and 68 pence... Odd, I thought, so I looked it up... guess how much it costs to send an airmail letter to Australia?... Nice to see someone at the Post Office has a sense of humour... ;)

I was really disappointed that the stamps were not available when I posted my cards to Kevin and Nige for the postcard exchange ;) Still at least there's my avatar of Freddie Flintoff. Sad I know, but after years and years of ribbing from Aussie friends I have to make the most of this!

Cheers

Mike

gbroadbridge
11-01-2005, 04:28 AM
Needless to say, there are no commemorative stamps here. I'm sure that there must have been lot's preprinted, which were probably quietly spirited away and burnt to ashes in the middle of the night.

Anyway, make the most of it, that's the last you'll see of that urn for a long long time :-)

Anyway, does anyone have a preference for development? I have ID11, LC29 or Rodinal on hand. As the film is HP5 I'm tempted to use ID11 1+1, but I'm open to suggestions.

I'll let the group know when the camera arrives, normally 5-10 business days from the U.K. I'll then hand deliver to GlennSYD if he's available to fill one of the empty frames, then shoot mine.

graham

Graham.

Nathan Smith
11-01-2005, 09:24 AM
ID11 sounds fine to me, but I'm not too rigid on that.

janvanhove
11-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Then whan happens with the images? do we have an online gallery somewhere aviailable?
I'd be happy to have a gallery for the project on my website, if it helps...

PJ

Nathan Smith
11-02-2005, 11:22 AM
I PM'd Sean about this a while back, here's his reply:

"...I'm happy to create a gallery for it. Maybe a "Member Functions" gallery with sub galleries for the various things we do."

That sounds good to me, especially as the Round1 photos can go in another sub-gallery along with this one. It would be a great place for other adventures. Perhaps we'll have one where all members take a photo at the same time, wherever they happen to be at that time, and post scans of the results.

Nathan

gbroadbridge
11-03-2005, 06:57 AM
What an interesting idea!!

janvanhove
11-03-2005, 07:02 AM
Great ! Looking forward to seeing the pictures !

PJ

gbroadbridge
11-08-2005, 12:28 AM
The camera arrived today. I've just PM'd Glenn to see if he's in town and has time to take part.

Graham

gbroadbridge
11-13-2005, 07:43 AM
The camera arrived today. I've just PM'd Glenn to see if he's in town and has time to take part.

Graham

I haven't heard back from Glenn, so I intend to shoot my shot tomorrow.

Processing will occur within 24 hours.

Graham.

Nathan Smith
11-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Hi Graham - I am breathing a big sigh of relief knowing our little camera has finally made it through it's travels and is safely in your hands!
Nathan

Nathan Smith
11-14-2005, 09:33 AM
Well, I have some good news and some bad news.

Good: Graham has received the camera and has processed the film. He'll scan it over the course of the week and post as time allows.

Bad: Several frames were double exposures. I'm not sure how many folks' shots were ruined by this. As I understand it, about 4. I'm really sorry about this, it kills me that someone's carefully planned shot is wasted, especially with all the waiting and postage that went into it. Based on the simplicity of the camera I suspect that what occurred is that on occasion the film was not advanced fully, and the camera, in all it's cheapness, cocked the shutter before the film was fully advanced.

Again, my sincere apologies in advance to those who's photos were ruined. I had not seen that occur with that camera before we used it for this round. Many thanks to Graham for developing and scanning the film.

Nathan

janvanhove
11-14-2005, 10:51 AM
A double exposure from two people on oposite ends of the world might be a good concept anyways...
I'd like to see all of them, even the bad ones...

PJ

rst
11-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Then let us hope that my shot is a double exposure since I am anyway not sure if I opened the lens cover. That never happens with an SLR ;)

ciao
-- Rüdiger

MenacingTourist
11-14-2005, 02:13 PM
I thought of this as an experiment. Sometimes you get whacky results when you experiment. Glad I could be part of it and that it actually made it to the end. When you think about it, the logistics were freightening.

Ole
11-14-2005, 09:02 PM
I think of it in a similar way - the "travel" is the project, the pictures are a bonus.

Glenn Mathison
11-16-2005, 02:19 PM
I haven't heard back from Glenn, so I intend to shoot my shot tomorrow.

Processing will occur within 24 hours.

Graham.
Sorry folks, I have been overseas 3 of the last 7 weeks and have just returned to Sydney this week. Sorry I lost my chance but dying to see the results...

Glenn