PDA

View Full Version : Let's all shoot 1 camera, Part Deux?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

Rich Long
12-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Just wondering if I missed where the results are posted; or are they still in progress?

Nathan Smith
12-02-2005, 03:45 PM
No, you haven't missed anything. Graham is incommunicado at the moment, I've PM'd him but with no reply. Let's just hope he was called away on business and nothing more serious.
Nathan

gbroadbridge
12-09-2005, 07:47 AM
No, you haven't missed anything. Graham is incommunicado at the moment, I've PM'd him but with no reply. Let's just hope he was called away on business and nothing more serious.
Nathan

Folks, I'm back and my apologies for being offline for a couple of weeks.

I was taken to hospital almost two weeks ago with a serious case of pneumonia. Things got worse in a hurry when some surgery to clear out a lung went wrong which resulted in a collapsed lung.

Things are almost back to normal now, and I hope to get the negatives scanned tomorrow (I don't own a neg scanner so can't do it at home).

Sorry for the delay.

Regards
Graham.

Bob F.
12-09-2005, 08:34 AM
Yikes! Always said hospitals are dangerous places...

Glad to hear you are back on the mend!

Cheers, Bob.

Rich Long
12-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Graham, no apologies required. Scanning negatives seems like a very low priority at the moment. Get well!!! Worry about scanning later.

gbroadbridge
12-20-2005, 12:48 AM
I have had the negs scanned (sounds ominous) by a pro lab - as I said previously, I don't have a neg scanner. I have a print scanner that does negs but that would waste the whole effort.

The neg scans I get back are 22MB in size so I resize them to 650x650 ppi, then I've uploaded them to the gallery.

The first six are there right now. I seem to have reached an upload limit, so probably the next six will be uploaded tomorrow.

Graham.

gbroadbridge
12-20-2005, 12:52 AM
If anyone would like the original neg or the scanned jpg (22MB) just let me know.

Regards
Graham.

david b
12-20-2005, 12:59 AM
I did photo #2.

I was doing some work at White Sands in New Mexico and brought the camera with me.

Cool!!! Glad to see the results.

Get better Graham.

gbroadbridge
12-20-2005, 02:31 AM
All the photos are there now. Thanks to some quick action by Sean my upload limit has magically dissappeared.

Graham.

MenacingTourist
12-20-2005, 04:16 AM
This was a really fun project. I did the one of the laughing baby.

gr82bart
12-20-2005, 05:52 AM
Graham,

Thanks so much for taking the time scanning and posting the prints. I took pic #9 and I made some comments around it. This has been a really fun project.

Regards, Art. (When's the next round?)

janvanhove
12-20-2005, 07:23 AM
It seems my shot was one of those that got double exposed... bummer...

Fun project nevertheless, and wasn't there a discussion on a round three somewhere?

PJ

SuzanneR
12-20-2005, 08:12 AM
As others have said, what a fun project! Too bad abou the double exposures, but the images do have a certain painterly quality! If you think aboiut it, it's just amazing that the camera survived traveling such great distances, over such a long period of time!!

Thanks Graham for processing and scanning, and thanks, Nathan for organizing, and building such a sturdy yellow box!!

Nathan Smith
12-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Yes, thanks a million to Graham for developing, scanning, and posting the negatives. It is really amazing that we got as much as we did, isn't it? I really love #11, who took it? .... and what is it, for that matter?

Thanks to everyone who participated, for taking the shot and getting it shipped to the next person.

wiseowl has started Round 3 (http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20708) , this time with the plan of using a 120 folder. I think that's a fantastic idea, it'll limit the number of participants but that'll just speed things up.

Besides, the large negative is that much more important when you're using such quality cameras isn't it? :) Actually, you can probably find a pretty decent old folder, sans rangefinder, for very little money - 620's that much cheaper even.

Nathan

bobfowler
12-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Wow! They look pretty damned good! Mine is #10.

jnanian
12-20-2005, 10:01 AM
this was a great project!
thanks for suggesting, shooting, sending, scanning + posting -

john

gbroadbridge
12-20-2005, 10:43 AM
Folks,

My wife has offered her old P&S 35mm camera for the next round.

I'd like to suggest that we do the same again, but in reverse. Start here is Australia and end up a Nathans place :-)

Same players, this time with each to take two shots. Same Film (HP5).

Any takers???

Graham

Nathan Smith
12-20-2005, 11:15 AM
Sure! I"m up for it!

gr82bart
12-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Any takers???Graham,

I am in for this, but I'd suggest you start a completely new thread and appropriately title it.

Thanks for organizing!

Art.

Ole
12-20-2005, 03:46 PM
Mine's #13, as some have already guessed :)