PDA

View Full Version : NY/NJ trip

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

aj-images
05-01-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm just getting into advance large format B&W. I'm in NJ and looking to get out to test. If anyone is interested in shooting in NY or NJ, let me know.

Jim

aj-images
05-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Just wanted to add: I live in Asbury Park, which has the run-down boardwalk and buildings, perfect for large-format. I also have a darkroom close by that can be used. I have 4x5 and 8x10 hangers and Jobo Cpp2 that will be set up within 2 weeks. I also have a UV box for Platinum. Hopefully we could chip in for some Azo paper and Platinum supplies. Ok to private message me.

bobfowler
05-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Just wanted to add: I live in Asbury Park, which has the run-down boardwalk and buildings, perfect for large-format. I also have a darkroom close by that can be used. I have 4x5 and 8x10 hangers and Jobo Cpp2 that will be set up within 2 weeks. I also have a UV box for Platinum. Hopefully we could chip in for some Azo paper and Platinum supplies. Ok to private message me.

Man alive, you're right down the road from me!

I'm in Middletown - on the wet side the highway in the stretch of Rt 36 between Port Monmouth and Keansburg!

aj-images
05-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Bob- Great photos of Deep Cut. I go there all the time. The one photo in our gallery is from Holmdel Park. - Jim

highpeak
05-02-2005, 09:30 PM
hi, I am a 35mm shooter for now. Do you mind me tag along? I am in Brooklyn.

aj-images
05-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Ok with me HP. Great shots in your gallery.

Bruce Osgood
05-02-2005, 09:50 PM
I won't be available till mid-june but would like to get together.

aj-images
05-02-2005, 10:37 PM
If this works, I am up for a once-a-month thing.

wbryant
05-02-2005, 10:54 PM
I'm in Hoboken, and willing to meet up.

bobfowler
05-02-2005, 11:08 PM
I'm in Hoboken, and willing to meet up.

Ho-Bo-Ken...? Ooooh, I'm Dyyyyyyyin'!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Bugs Bunny fan here ... :)

wbryant
05-02-2005, 11:38 PM
Ho-Bo-Ken...? Ooooh, I'm Dyyyyyyyin'!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Bugs Bunny fan here ... :)

oh yeah, I grew up in Ho-Ho-Kus in Bergen County. what do you have to say to that????????? hmmmmmmm?????????? Santa????????????

bobfowler
05-02-2005, 11:49 PM
oh yeah, I grew up in Ho-Ho-Kus in Bergen County. what do you have to say to that????????? hmmmmmmm?????????? Santa????????????

hehehehehehehehe :)

highpeak
05-10-2005, 12:29 AM
Guys, I don't know why I couldn't see the new post on this thread when I check new posts.

Any way, I will pay atttention to this thread. Let me know when you decide to go out and shooting.

And thank you aj-images for the comment on my gallery.

aj-images
05-10-2005, 03:22 PM
you're welcome HP. You have to reload a lot on these boards. I think we have given the thread enough time, so if people could list the weekends they are free, we could pick a date. - Jim

photobum
05-12-2005, 08:28 PM
I don't check the regional posts much. I'm up in North Jersey (Rockaway Twsp.) and willing to travel. I'll be gone the next two weekends but if it's OK I'll start tracking this thread. I shoot M/F to 8x10, B&W only.

David A. Goldfarb
05-12-2005, 08:31 PM
I could be interested as well, as long as it's someplace accessible by public transportation from Manhattan. My schedule will be kind of touch-and-go all summer, but post the date and location here, and if I can make it, I'll be in contact.

bobfowler
05-12-2005, 11:14 PM
I could be interested as well, as long as it's someplace accessible by public transportation from Manhattan. My schedule will be kind of touch-and-go all summer, but post the date and location here, and if I can make it, I'll be in contact.

If we do Asbury Park, there are NJ Transit trains run right into town from NYC. If you can't get a train that goes past Long Branch (where the electrified line ends and diesel begins), I can pick you up anywhere from Middletown on south - have cargo van, will travel! :)

My schedule is kinda screwy at the moment, but the only date that is out of the question is Friday June 10th. I'm pretty flexible otherwise (given a bit of notice).

aj-images
05-12-2005, 11:35 PM
I also can get a van. A few great parks in the area as well, as Bob can vouch to, I'm sure. I'm very flexible, Sundays are best. - Jim

David A. Goldfarb
05-12-2005, 11:53 PM
Looks like trains to NJ are going to be a little messed up for a while. I could see the smoke from the bridge fire from my apartment.

Tom Duffy
05-13-2005, 09:46 AM
I can make most Sundays, as well, with the exception of May 22 and June 6.

David, I'd be glad to take a swing over the GWB and pick you up on my way down. That way you could take your really BIG camera...