PDA

View Full Version : Que Pasa SF Bay area?

Aggie
05-03-2005, 10:42 PM
May 20th, wow that is this month already. We have a visiting diginitary arriving. Geary has gracious said we can hold a group gathering at his home in Pleasant Hill. I know Geary will chime in on this. After all we do need directions to get to that hill that oh so Pleasant.

Help us welcome Hawaii's resident apugger, Robert Teague (roteague) He is on his way to Per Volquartz's workshop in Oregon, via our lovely bay area. Besides it is a good excuse to party and get another look at Geary's designer darkroom.

Contact Geary (gaylons) or myself if you plan to be there.

blaze-on
05-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Well I'm leaving So Cal the morning of the 21st to head to the Oregon gathering, and make SF my overnight stop. Then hopefully caravan up with you all on Sunday.

So if there's a party goin' on Saturday night-count me in.

Aggie
05-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Well I'm leaving So Cal the morning of the 21st to head to the Oregon gathering, and make SF my overnight stop. Then hopefully caravan up with you all on Sunday.

So if there's a party goin' on Saturday night-count me in.

Matt you need to start out on Friday mid afternoon and drive like me. Then you can make the Friday night Party. I'm hoping I can have the Jim Chinn camera by then.

blaze-on
05-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Drive like you??
Even in California where we have the best of the worst drivers in the world
I think that is a felony! :)

We'll see! Geary? Oh Geary? Can I sleep in your barn TWO nights mister?

bjorke
05-06-2005, 12:22 AM
...and one week earlier, the 14th of May, is the May "Photography Made Difficult" in the south bay -- this month with a live print exchange:

http://photo.meetup.com/339/events/4542970/

KB

Aggie
05-12-2005, 03:06 PM
8 days until our Hawian guest's get together. Good news I will be able to show ya'll one of the new cameras that I have been waiting for. If Geary lets us, we can even devlop some test prints to see how it preforms.

Be sure to bring samples of your work, so we can all see what the other one is doing.

Aggie
05-15-2005, 06:33 PM
bumping this thread up

Mateo
05-15-2005, 06:41 PM
Hey Aggie,

I hope to make it if those cruel folks that invented work don't get in the way and our gracious host has no objection.

Aggie
05-17-2005, 12:27 PM
bumping this up once again. I've heard from Robert, and he is on track and arriving this Thursday.

jss
05-17-2005, 03:13 PM
ugh, cant make it this time. my schedule is all screwed up with the housing situation i'm in. maybe after things settle down i'll be more social.

bjorke
05-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Likewise, a work/school evening makes it impossible to get up there :(

Aggie
05-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Likewise, a work/school evening makes it impossible to get up there :(

A Friday might is a work/ school night? remind me I don't want to go to that school or do that kind of work. I would rather be a lazy photographer ala Mateo.

chuck94022
05-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Looks like I'm going to miss this one. Sorry Aggie, and Robert. I'm going to Shanghai at the end of this week.

galyons
05-19-2005, 09:27 PM
Hi all,
The get together to meet and greet Robert will start at 7:00 pm. Hopefully traffic will have eased at that point. If you need directions please PM me. Dinner will be provided, please bring the libation of your choice!

Cheers,
Geary

Aggie
05-19-2005, 09:49 PM
Since Robert and I will be spending the day in Napa, I guess it only fair to bring what we find. Robert has also brought along a selection of his color transparencies and some of his color prints to show us. Having seen a few, I don't think the pictures are going to go very far from this valley when he leaves.

BTW, he blames me for taking him to looking glass to buy film. He thought maybe 5 boxes of ready loads? Naw He ended up getting 5 boxes, the price was that good to apuggers since our own TomTom works there.

We also made an early afternoon showing of Revenge of the Sith. We both liked it very much.

roteague
05-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Yes, Looking Glass was awesome. I was joking with them about having Pyrocat HD, so Aggie just goes over and pulls some off the shelf - I didn't actually think they would have it. :D Great store, I wish we had something as well stocked in Hawaii. See you all tomorrow night.

bjorke
05-20-2005, 10:26 AM
A Friday might is a work/ school night?When you're the only parent in the house and you have elementary and high school aged kids, yes. They don't get home until close to six, so getting them there and the house in a running state and THEN going to the East Bay wouldn't get me there until close to nine - already kid bed time, and more than an hour away from home (without traffic) :/ sad but true!