PDA

View Full Version : Fibre Based or Resin Coated

gr82bart
05-11-2005, 03:18 PM
So in reading this reply from
I believe everyone sends FB prints.I thought maybe another poll is in order.

For these print exchanges, besides speciality prints like Polaroid transfers, should you use fibre based or resin coated paper?

Art.

SuzanneR
05-11-2005, 03:22 PM
I think for the blind print exchange, just about anything will do, RC, fiber, commercially made print. Anything photographic.

For the group exchanges I've only received and sent fiber prints.

mikeg
05-11-2005, 03:55 PM
I agree with Suzanne, for the blind exchange I tried something different and experimented with solarisation -- in the end my best results came with RC paper, so that was what I sent. I also received an RC print. For the group exchange I sent and received fibre.

Mike

Bob F.
05-11-2005, 04:02 PM
People should send whatever they feel represents their work. We do not need yet more unnecessary, arbitrary rules and regulations.

Thank you.

Cheers, (a somewhat p'd off) Bob.

c6h6o3
05-11-2005, 04:17 PM
People should send whatever they feel represents their work. We do not need yet more unnecessary, arbitrary rules and regulations.

Thank you.

Cheers, (a somewhat p'd off) Bob.

I'm with you, Bob. The imposition of any rules whatsoever as to methods or materials I may use (as long as they're not digital) will compel me to withdraw from the Blind Print Exchange, the next round of which I have been planning to participate in.

mikeg
05-11-2005, 04:21 PM

Fair enough, I do agree with Bob. I don't think anyone should be put off from participating in the exchanges because they only use RC.

Mike

SuzanneR
05-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Agreed... I'm not trying to impose a rule, it's just been my experience with the group exchange that I've received fiber prints, and a couple of pt/pd prints. Frankly, I received nothing from the last blind print exchange, which was a bit of a bummer, but I'm not going to dwell on it, and I'll probably still participate if it gets back off the ground again. I am happy to recieve any quality print, but I prefer to send a selenium toned fiber based print. No matter what I receive, RC or fiber, (or pt/pd!) I find print exchanges incredibly valuable in terms of mastering this craft, and a boatload of FUN!!:D
Cheers!

Ole
05-12-2005, 01:47 AM
MOst of my orints look better on fiber, in which case that's what I send. If the next one looks better on RC, you'll get that! If it looks best on albumen, I'll make omelette.

gr82bart
05-12-2005, 07:06 AM
Hi Guys,

Please don't take these polls I have been posting as 'rules'. I was merely curious to see what most people do and what expectations are like.

Art.

c6h6o3
05-12-2005, 07:50 PM
I've gotten some very nice RC prints from members of this forum. I hope to get more.

c6h6o3
05-12-2005, 07:51 PM
MOst of my orints look better on fiber, in which case that's what I send. If the next one looks better on RC, you'll get that! If it looks best on albumen, I'll make omelette.

Hollandaise is more cost effective. You can use the whites for the emulsion and the yolks for the sauce, both from the same eggs!

gr82bart
05-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Looks like it's overwhelmingly FB paper in this poll so far.

Art.

Ole
05-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Looks like it's overwhelmingly FB paper in this poll so far.
Art.
FB, or omelette.

andrewmoodie
05-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Definitely sign me up.