PDA

View Full Version : Blind Print Exchange - Round 2 sign up, rules and status thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

TPPhotog
06-07-2005, 04:50 AM
Sh***,

Seems I will be the last ... I'm discovering my deficits, as I want to produce something special from scratch, nothing will be good enough..

HorstDon't worry it's not a race :) It's about having fun and a surprise package in the post, mine won't be ready to go out for a week or 2 whilst my FB fully dries. Then as I say I have to decide about mounting :D

dschneller
06-07-2005, 01:45 PM
I received a gorgeous selenium toned print from Peter Rockstroh delivered today. It is a close up image of an Agave plant, possibly of the Agave parryi variety, taken in the wester highlands of Guatemala. I am thrilled Peter, thanks very much.

It will be promptly framed and hanging on my soon.

Dave

John Bartley
06-07-2005, 07:47 PM
It will be promptly framed and hanging on my soon.

Dave

Dave - show us your "soon" !!

(just kidding :))

MurrayMinchin
06-07-2005, 10:06 PM

LOL!

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Mine can hold up a double matted and framed 20x24 print.

Murray

dschneller
06-08-2005, 08:44 AM

oops, that would be "...on my wall soon!". I think faster than I type. I'm off to the framers and then the couriers! :)

MurrayMinchin
06-09-2005, 12:46 AM
Mine is in the wash right now.

Hmmmm...tree trunk could be darker...bottom left corner needs just a little more burning...should crop out that small distracting light fern from bottom edge...I'll print it one last time...(I think)...

Murray

argus
06-09-2005, 02:27 AM
Thanks to Dwane for sending me this lovely cyanotype!!!
And of course the complete explanation on how he managed the process, completely analog :-)

I made the first proofs of my contribution yesterday. Dont' worry, it will arrive at someones home soon.

G

rogueish
06-09-2005, 07:12 AM
Didn't I totally ruin all 4 prints last night trying to stain with tea. Oh their stained all right! Knew I should have kept those test strips. :(
Sorry but someone will have to wait a few days longer while I reprint and NOT stain.

bon-jip
06-10-2005, 08:08 AM
Hello all,

I am about to head off and to do a bit of travelling around (France and Scotland) and wanted to wish you all fun with the exchange.
To whoever drew my name out of the hat, I will be back home in early July so if I donít post to say I have received something this is why (It also give more time if you need it ;) ). I have also sent my print off to Paul Sorensen earlier this week, so I hope it will arrive soon.

Once again have fun, and to those who have been waiting for summer to come I hope it turns out better than what it looks likely to be here in Denmark.

Jason.

gr82bart
06-16-2005, 10:13 AM
I recieved a wonderful IR print from Dave Miller of a stream/brook. Really nice print. Thank you Dave.

Regards, Art.

TPPhotog
06-16-2005, 06:21 PM
My print to go out accross the pond is printed and finally mounted :) I'm on a course this week followed by a sleep-over shift so it will be posted on Monday or Tuesday.

rogueish
06-21-2005, 06:50 AM
Got a package last night from Art. An emulsion lift of a sea (lake?) side image that is beautiful in it's simplicity. The oversized matting just adds to it and draws you in.
My print to be sent will be dry by the time I get home and should be in the post tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry about the mix up Art, looks like I owe you 2 beers now...

gr82bart
06-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Sorry about the mix up Art, looks like I owe you 2 beers now...By the time I get up there for the APUG coference, it'll be a 2-4!

Art.

BWGirl
06-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Well, I just had the most wonderful surprise!!! m. Dowdall (Mike/Michael) just stopped by & hand-delivered his print to me! How cool is that??? :D

He's on his way to the Sandy King workshop in Montana. So if any of you go to it & see him, let him know how much I enjoyed meeting him! :) Otherwise, it was great to meet you, Mike! :D

rduraoc
06-23-2005, 09:01 AM
My print was sent yesterday. It should take a little longer than a week to get to it's destiny.

rexp
06-23-2005, 10:26 AM
Well, I am off the hook. My print is winging its way towards NorthEastern Arizona. I am going to sit back now and wait for those Ginsu knives.

Dave Miller
06-24-2005, 03:19 PM
My print was sent yesterday. It should take a little longer than a week to get to it's destiny.
It arrived this morning Rui, thank you. The mount is a bent, but the print is in good condition. I shall PM you later.

MurrayMinchin
06-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Psssst. Shhhhh. The "chicken" has flown the coop.

Murray

rogueish
06-24-2005, 09:11 PM
Put the print in the post late yersterday afternoon. should be there in just under a week. Keep your eyes open...

mikeg
06-25-2005, 05:43 PM
Mine is winging its way across the pond.

Mike