PDA

View Full Version : Blind Print Exchange - Round 2 sign up, rules and status thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

bon-jip
07-12-2005, 01:53 PM
I just got home from a bit of travelling around to find a great print from Rlibersky, and have PM’ed my thanks. Now I just have 40 odd rolls of film to develop! Anyone have a good recipe for soothing "developer elbow" by chance?

Peter Rockstroh
07-12-2005, 04:28 PM
I just got home from a bit of travelling around to find a great print from Rlibersky, and have PM’ed my thanks. Now I just have 40 odd rolls of film to develop! Anyone have a good recipe for soothing "developer elbow" by chance?

Aquavit ????

Jeremy
07-14-2005, 03:14 PM
headed to the post office to mail out my print.

Also, I received a wonderful print from Mr. Gene of the Quabbin!

Rlibersky
07-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Recieved my print from Mark today. I think it is a wonderful POP print of a waterfall. Now I have to look up about POP printing.

Thanks Mark
Randy

gr82bart
07-15-2005, 05:25 PM
Updated List.

** indicates print was sent and recieved
* indicates print was sent but receipt not confirmed yet

BWGirl -> John Bartley*
John Bartley -> bobfowler
bobfowler -> skander**
skander -> m. dowdall*
m. dowdall -> BWGirl**
TheMissingLink -> Murray Minchin*
argus-> TheMissingLink*
Dwane -> argus**
ole -> Dwane
dschneller -> ole*
Peter Rockstroh -> dschneller**
TPPhotog -> Peter Rockstroh*
c6h6o3 -> TPPhotog**
Paul Sorensen -> c6h6o3
Bon-Jip -> Paul Sorensen**
Rlibersky -> Bon-Jip**
mark -> Rlibersky**
rexp -> mark**
John McCallum -> rexp
Suzanne Revy -> John McCallum**
Claire Senft -> Suzanne Revy**
Rogueish -> Claire Senft**
g82bart -> Rogueish**
Dave Miller -> gr82bart**
rduraoc -> Dave Miller**
MurrayMinchin -> rduraoc**
mikeg -> David Goldfarb**
Bob Carnie -> mikeg
David Goldfarb -> Bob Carnie*
Jose A Martinez -> SchwinnParamount*
Jeremy Moore -> Jose A Martinez*
Papagene -> Jeremy Moore**
Schwinn Paramount -> Papagene

Regards, Art.

Paul Sorensen
07-15-2005, 05:38 PM
My print was sent a week ago via Priority Mail, I imagine it has reached its destination by now.

Bob Carnie
07-15-2005, 06:14 PM
Sorry folks
I have been a bit tardy on this one , I am printed and ready to go and will send out next week.
I have recieved a gorgeous matted print from david goldfarb , pussycat auto sales specializing in cadillacs. Wonderful printing job david it is going up in our home. It arrived last week and I am sorry I did not post sooner.Has to be a 4x5 negative , the quality is very good

David A. Goldfarb
07-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks Bob. That's a real complement coming from you. I have to confess, though, I shot that before I was doing LF. T-Max 100 if I remember correctly, Canon F-1N, Tamron SP 35-105/2.8 ASP. I think I'd just bought the lens and was out testing it in the neighborhood.

m. dowdall
07-21-2005, 06:14 PM
I received a lovely double toned print from Skander today. It was printed on a paper I’ve been temped to try for a while. After seeing Skander’s print, now the temptation is stronger.

Michael

John Bartley
07-21-2005, 06:50 PM
I 'spose I'd better update the list:

1) I have rec'd a fabulous print from BWGIRL - thank you very much !!

2) Bob Fowler, I owe you a print - It won't be fast, but it WILL arrive. When I did the group exchange, I did a pretty poor job and I don't want to repeat that, so I'd rather wait until I have both a scene and print that I like.

cheers for now

bobfowler
07-21-2005, 07:35 PM

2) Bob Fowler, I owe you a print - It won't be fast, but it WILL arrive. When I did the group exchange, I did a pretty poor job and I don't want to repeat that, so I'd rather wait until I have both a scene and print that I like.

cheers for now

I'm looking forward to it! :) (but don't rush)

Gustavo_Castilla
07-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Hi all I am In

BWGirl
07-23-2005, 09:50 AM

cheers for now

I'm glad you like it, John! :D

MurrayMinchin
07-23-2005, 11:18 AM
My print from TheMissingLink arrived yesterday...an 11 3/4" x 16" low key, velvety smooth, brooding, darkly resonant close up of leaves and rain drops - with the leaves edges and rain drops putting the darks into context. Like hearing a passage in a piece of pipe organ music where just the low notes are used. (The foam core got a bit dinged up at the corners, but an overmat will hide those).

How you have the guts to make only one print and stick the 4x5 negative to the back of the mount I'll never know!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks again,

Murray

TheMissingLink
07-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Thank you for your words, Murray. It was a real pleasure to work in this way for you and this community.

next time I'm a bit more courageous with my choices and definitely not to exaust the given frame of time until it's last minute, simply faster decision;-)

Horst

Ole
07-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Sent mine to Dwayne after receiving one from dschneller. PUH!

Dwayne gets a salt print - it's far too sunny here for darkroom work!

gr82bart
07-24-2005, 08:43 PM
Updated List. Note the change in indicators.

* indicates print was sent but receipt not confirmed yet
*** inducates print has not been sent yet

BWGirl -> John Bartley
John Bartley -> bobfowler***
bobfowler -> skander
skander -> m. dowdall
m. dowdall -> BWGirl
TheMissingLink -> Murray Minchin
argus-> TheMissingLink*
Dwane -> argus
ole -> Dwane*
dschneller -> ole
Peter Rockstroh -> dschneller
TPPhotog -> Peter Rockstroh***
c6h6o3 -> TPPhotog
Paul Sorensen -> c6h6o3
Bon-Jip -> Paul Sorensen
Rlibersky -> Bon-Jip
mark -> Rlibersky
rexp -> mark
John McCallum -> rexp***
Suzanne Revy -> John McCallum
Claire Senft -> Suzanne Revy
Rogueish -> Claire Senft
g82bart -> Rogueish
Dave Miller -> gr82bart
rduraoc -> Dave Miller
MurrayMinchin -> rduraoc
mikeg -> David Goldfarb
Bob Carnie -> mikeg***
David Goldfarb -> Bob Carnie
Jose A Martinez -> SchwinnParamount*
Jeremy Moore -> Jose A Martinez*
Papagene -> Jeremy Moore
Schwinn Paramount -> Papagene***

Come on people. Get printing and posting.

We're almost through this round. How about starting up again in September, with printing and posting in October/November? Just in time for Christmas!

Regards, Art.

Dave Miller
07-25-2005, 01:33 AM
We're almost through this round. How about starting up again in September, with printing and posting in October/November? Just in time for Christmas!

Regards, Art.

Sounds good to me, but can you start another thread for that round please to avoid confusion?
Also can we have some limit on size since the cost of posting the larger sizes of mounted prints overseas is high, and may be putting some people off?

Paul Sorensen
07-25-2005, 01:52 AM
We seem to be going backwards, the last time you had Bon-Jip having sent me a print but receipt not being confirmed. I confirmed and now it shows that he didn't even send it. I also indicated twice that I have sent my print to c6h6o3 and it still shows unsent. Just want to make sure that I get credit and so does Bon-Jip. Also, c6h6o3, if you are out there, did you get my print? I sent it about two weeks ago via Priority Mail and would love to hear that it was received.

Paul.

TheMissingLink
07-25-2005, 02:13 AM
Just arrived, the print from "argus":

A close-up of a leaf, recreating with it's sober graphical structure, a benefaction in a world of overload.

Thank you, Geert!

Horst