PDA

View Full Version : Blind Print Exchange - Round 2 sign up, rules and status thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

gr82bart
07-25-2005, 07:44 AM
We seem to be going backwards, the last time you had Bon-Jip having sent me a print but receipt not being confirmed.Actually I changed the indicators on y'all.

I confirmed and now it shows that he didn't even send it. I also indicated twice that I have sent my print to c6h6o3 and it still shows unsent.No astrisks means everything's fine and there's nothing left to do. 3 asterisks means nothing was sent or recieved. It's like a trick question on a test.

Just want to make sure that I get credit and so does Bon-Jip.No prob.

Also, c6h6o3, if you are out there, did you get my print? I sent it about two weeks ago via Priority Mail and would love to hear that it was received.He got it. Confirmed via PM.

Art.

gr82bart
07-25-2005, 07:49 AM
Sounds good to me, but can you start another thread for that round please to avoid confusion?Yep. I'll plan Round 3 in September.

Also can we have some limit on size since the cost of posting the larger sizes of mounted prints overseas is high, and may be putting some people off?Well, there's no limit to begin with, so technically there's no obligation for people to send any specific size. Same with mounting.

Art.

gr82bart
07-25-2005, 07:55 AM
Latest update. Last minute flurry of PMs to me. Only outstanding pairings are shown.

* indicates print was sent but receipt not confirmed yet
*** inducates print has not been sent yet

John Bartley -> bobfowler***
ole -> Dwane*
TPPhotog -> Peter Rockstroh***
John McCallum -> rexp***
Bob Carnie -> mikeg***
Jeremy Moore -> Jose A Martinez*
Schwinn Paramount -> Papagene***

Regards, Art.

Paul Sorensen
07-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Actually I changed the indicators on y'all.

No astrisks means everything's fine and there's nothing left to do. 3 asterisks means nothing was sent or recieved. It's like a trick question on a test.

No prob.

He got it. Confirmed via PM.

Art.
Never mind... :o

Thanks for the explaination Art.

c6h6o3
07-26-2005, 06:08 AM
Also, c6h6o3, if you are out there, did you get my print? I sent it about two weeks ago via Priority Mail and would love to hear that it was received.

Got it. Nice print of a difficult subject. Thanks

Dwane
07-27-2005, 07:16 AM
Sent mine to Dwayne after receiving one from dschneller. PUH!

Dwayne gets a salt print - it's far too sunny here for darkroom work!
Received a salt print from Ole today, of a waterfall not far from his home. Nicely done, Ole. It must be nice to live near a waterfall!

Ole
07-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Received a salt print from Ole today, of a waterfall not far from his home. Nicely done, Ole. It must be nice to live near a waterfall!

Dwane, I have a bigger (but less photogenic) fall in my garden. It's nice, but not when it's flooding...

Jose A Martinez
08-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Today I received an amazing pt/pd print by Jeremy Moore of an abstract fragment of a wall. It have an incredible deep tones, great cool greys, I never saw that cold feeling in a platinum print before.

Thanks Jeremy, a lot!

Jeremy
08-02-2005, 11:26 PM
Today I received an amazing pt/pd print by Jeremy Moore of an abstract fragment of a wall. It have an incredible deep tones, great cool greys, I never saw that cold feeling in a platinum print before.

Thanks Jeremy, a lot!

Glad you liked it and that it arrived safe & sound. The warmtone is controlled mostly by the lack of platinum and by the temperature of the developer. For the image I mailed I wanted it to be cold-toned so it's about 2:1 palladium to platinum (I usually print straight palladium) and the developer was room temperature (the higher the developer temperature the warmer the print). I need to try putting the developer in the fridge one day before printing to see what happens.

John McCallum
08-02-2005, 11:42 PM
Latest update. Last minute flurry of PMs to me. Only outstanding pairings are shown.

ole -> Dwane*
TPPhotog -> Peter Rockstroh***
John McCallum -> rexp***
Bob Carnie -> mikeg***
Jeremy Moore -> Jose A Martinez*

Regards, Art.
Hi Art, just waiting for rexp's address (I've already pm'd him).
Best, John.

gr82bart
08-03-2005, 03:13 AM
Hi Art, just waiting for rexp's address.Just sent you a PM.

Art.

gr82bart
08-06-2005, 07:31 AM
Quick update:

ole -> Dwane <--sent and recieved

TPPhotog -> Peter Rockstroh <--Peter, I just sent you a print since TPPhotog has left APUG for good

Jeremy Moore -> Jose A Martinez<--sent and recieved

John McCallum -> rexp***
Bob Carnie -> mikeg***

I'll start another thread in September for Round 3. Sign up in September, Printing and posting in October and November.

I hope people have been happy with this round.

Art.

rexp
08-29-2005, 07:34 PM
I received TWO nice prints from John McCallum today. An image of fruit, and a scenic coastline print. Both are well done - waiting to be mounted & hung on the wall.

Thanks John

darkroom
08-29-2005, 08:37 PM
IM interested sign me up

TheMissingLink
08-30-2005, 03:12 AM
Hi Dark,

This is the past round .. if you want to sign up bo to Round three:
http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18796

Horst

AlesW
08-30-2005, 02:22 PM
Please add my name to the list. Thanks.

gr82bart
09-24-2005, 08:42 AM
Last update for Round 2, before Round 3 gets started next week - bobfowler, mikeg and Papagene still have yet to recieve a print.

Art.

gr82bart
10-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Removed...

gr82bart
01-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Last update for Round 2, before Round 3 gets started next week - bobfowler, mikeg and Papagene still have yet to recieve a print.Just curious to know if John Bartley, Bob Carnie and SchwinnParamount have sent their prints out for Round 2? This round ended in June 2005, so if you haven't done so, please get in the darkroom and get printing.

Plus Veriwide needs to send his print out from Round 1 waaaay back in March 2005.

Thanks, Art.