PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 3

Pages : 1 2 [3]

David A. Goldfarb
07-25-2005, 05:59 AM
Thanks!

Dave Miller
07-25-2005, 07:08 AM
And another gem just arrived, this one from Jason Provo. Portrait of a boy on a beach enjoying himself. Interesting use of Delta 3200.

Bighead
07-25-2005, 04:04 PM
And another gem just arrived, this one from Jason Provo. Portrait of a boy on a beach enjoying himself. Interesting use of Delta 3200.Thanks Dave...

mikeg
07-25-2005, 04:20 PM
I've got 12 so far. I'm really enjoying everyone's cards. Aggie's arrived on Saturday -- my wife loved it. It reminded her of her childhood and her grandfathers farm.

Many thanks to everyone.

Mike

rjr
07-26-2005, 12:32 PM
Printed mine 3 weeks ago - but forgot them at home when I left to my study town... #)

Sent them today...

So far approx 13 of this round have arrived over here - all in pretty decent state but one - Jason, your´s was broken and bent in half. :-( The paper base was too weak to withstand the combined attacks of at least two postal systems.

Bighead
07-26-2005, 12:57 PM
Well, I hope it was destoyed in a modern art kind of way.. :( Yeah, I feared that.

Those of you that did not use Ilfords Postcard 4x6's., what was used... Just something with a thicker base?

Dave, you seemed to have used a normal base 5x7 but yours was made more ridgid with your info card/sticker... What was it you used to mount this?? What are other methods??

Dave Miller
07-26-2005, 01:40 PM
I used a self-adhesive lable as near to the paper size as I could find. I got them through ebay.

Bighead
07-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Has anyone used a non-acid, archival glue to stick things on the backs?? I'm sure you would never prescribe mounting using this stuff but........

I used it with my labels. It was a little wet and I had to dry, pressed in a book to flatten...

Bob F.
07-26-2005, 01:53 PM
I used a self-adhesive lable as near to the paper size as I could find. I got them through ebay.
Your card came through without any damage at all Dave, so your method seems to have outwitted the Royal Mail's elite crush, scrunch and rip squad at least... ;)

Cheers, Bob.

David A. Goldfarb
07-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Postcards are ephemera. They're going to get stamped, barcoded, and who knows what. I wouldn't worry about acid-free adhesive.

mikeg
07-26-2005, 01:58 PM
Jason, your´s was broken and bent in half. :-( The paper base was too weak to withstand the combined attacks of at least two postal systems.

I must have been lucky. Mine arrived today in perfect condition. Thank you.

I notice that many US cards have a label stuck on the front with some sort of bar code printed on it. How does that work? Does the post office stick it on the card? I presume that our cards from the UK arrive with the series of lines printed across the photo, although usually when I remove the label from US cards the bar code has gone through the label and on to the image.

Mike

David A. Goldfarb
07-26-2005, 02:05 PM
Yes, in the US they stick the barcode on or they stamp it on with UV ink.

Bighead
07-26-2005, 03:17 PM
I must have been lucky. Mine arrived today in perfect condition. Thank you. Your mail carrier must have been less of a critic...

Dave Miller
08-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Just to get up to date with the post cards, I have recently received:
A graphic quarry picture from Roman.
A close up of Aggie's new car.
and today a cyanotype of an Elkhorn Fence from J. Truman.

Thank you, they will all end up in my postcard album.