PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 3

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nige
05-20-2005, 05:40 AM
It has come to my attention that I should have sent some correspondence for Round 3 of the postcard exchange.

So, Round 3 of the postcard exchange is calling for participants. Current (and new) members will been emailed so no need to reply here. Anyone else with an interest, read on...

We now have 'rounds' of postcards where everyone on the list sends everyone else a postcard during the 'print and post' month which occurs each 3mths (4 times a year). There are currently approximately 25 members. The postcards are predominately B&W prints but there have been alternative processes, but anythings welcome.

The upcoming schedule is :

Round 3
May : Sign On
June : Print and Post
July : Rest

Round 4
August : Sign On
September : Print and Post
October : Rest period

If you're interested, email ( nigel@apug.org ) or PM your full name, address, APUG name and email I can contact you at (I send out the mailing list)

Cheers!

Dave Miller
05-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Whilst waiting for the list may I ask what medium is being used in the absence of the Ilford postcard paper. I've brought a pack of multigrade 5"x7", but it's very thin, and I wonder if it will survive the post. So, who's using what?

John Bartley
05-23-2005, 04:19 PM
Whilst waiting for the list may I ask what medium is being used in the absence of the Ilford postcard paper. I've brought a pack of multigrade 5"x7", but it's very thin, and I wonder if it will survive the post. So, who's using what?

Dave,

As far as I know, I can pick up this Ilford Postcard Stock at my local photo store. Would you like me to mail you a box if they have it? The last box I bought was $29.00 + 15% tax in Canadian dollars for 100 sheets.

cheers eh?

Aggie
05-23-2005, 04:31 PM
there are still a few photo supply stores around that have it in stock. I just picked up three more boxes this last week.

Bob F.
05-23-2005, 04:35 PM

You should be able to order MGIV-RC 5x7 in Portfolio weight - this is the same weight as the now discontinued postcard paper. Or ring around the usual suspects: some supplier may have a box left over.

Bob.

Dave Miller
05-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Thanks John, Aggie, and Bob. Nice offer John, it's appreciated, but I would rather follow Bob's suggestion first I think as the airmail postage will be on the high side. Before I go shopping for Portfolio paper does anyone know of a UK stockist that has some postcard paper left?

Aggie
05-23-2005, 05:23 PM
http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/stores/henrys/itemframes.jsp?departmentId=10403&itemID=43089&currency=USD&affiliate=froogle

Dave Miller
05-24-2005, 01:04 PM
http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/stores/henrys/itemframes.jsp?departmentId=10403&itemID=43089&currency=USD&affiliate=froogle
Thanks Aggie, not quite Middle England, but close. I have asked them for stock and shiiping quote. Thanks.

Dave Miller
05-24-2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks Aggie, not quite Middle England, but close. I have asked them for stock and shiiping quote. Thanks.
I've had a very prompt reply from Peter Visma of Henry's Cameras to the effect that the will not ship sensitized material outside of Canada. They don't actually say if they have stock, or not.
I shall have to bring my Blue Peter training to bear on this problem!

Nige
06-07-2005, 01:58 AM
Postcards sent yesterday! I got in early to ensure I'm also on time for the Print Exchange!

Dave Miller
06-07-2005, 02:29 AM
Postcards sent yesterday! I got in early to ensure I'm also on time for the Print Exchange!
Same here, mine are also in the hands of the postal services.

Kevin Caulfield
06-07-2005, 02:37 AM
You two are really putting the pressure on. ;) I haven't even selected a piccie yet. Hopefully I'll get mine done within the next week or so.

Bighead
06-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Please.... I haven't shot yet.... I am waiting for my trip to Florida for some beach or swamp photo's..... It will be a couple of weeks for me.....

BWGirl
06-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Mine are in the mail, too. Will send out the 'latecomer's' card today! :)

John Bartley
06-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Mine will be late - but mine were early last time so I figure the law of averages has me on schedule :)

Eric Rose
06-07-2005, 08:06 PM
Nige youmight as well take me off the list. I'm travelling to much to get any of these out. I feel so bad as I received many very nice postcards. Once things settle down I will make an effort to get caught up.

mikeg
06-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Same here, mine are also in the hands of the postal services.

It's now in my hands! I just popped home for lunch and there it was. Lovely image Dave, many thanks.

The print survived the short trip to Shropshire reasonably well. Two small spots of emulsion had been scratched off, I assume by the automated machines they use these days. Good idea to stick the paper on the back with the details as it seemed to "firm" the print up.

Cheers

Mike

Kevin Caulfield
06-10-2005, 01:42 AM
Well, Nige and Dave, you've set a very high standard. Received both yours today. Thanks, Dave, for the very detailed information on the back - and I agree that the paper on the back helped the print survive the long trip.

Bighead
06-10-2005, 09:25 AM
I received three treats in the mail yesterday... Just as I was packing my gear for a trip to Cocoa Beach. Really nice shots guys and gal.......Jeanette, my girlfriend just giggled for an hour at your shot.... The main subject of your shot?? Thats her nickname for me....

I'm really going to have to shoot something nice next week.....

BWGirl
06-10-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm so "hoppy" to hear that she liked it! ;)