PDA

View Full Version : The Print Exchange Gallery

John Bartley
05-20-2005, 06:54 PM
I wonder if someone would educate me on how the Print Exchange Gallery works please?

cheers

David A. Goldfarb
05-20-2005, 07:34 PM
Does it work?

The original idea was that people would post scans of prints they had for exchange and they would look at each other's prints and if they saw one they liked, they would PM the person who made it and ask them if they'd like to exchange.

It kinda worked sorta, but wasn't as much of a success I think as everyone wanted it to be, so that's how the other exchanges came about, like the blind exchange and the group exchange (and the ill-fated negative exchange, which never quite took off, though a few of us tried). At the same time, some people benefitted from it, so it was never eliminated either. I think it would be great if it were revivified.

NikoSperi
05-23-2005, 04:53 AM
I'm quite a newbie, but every print exchange I've tried so far has led my obsessive compulsive a** to print, tone and matte something I was quite proud of... and getting stuffed with no return exchange. I send, but get nothing back; so far 0 for 2.
All this to say, I'd love to see prints, be it rotating a set around, a one for one exchange... anything really to see how you guys all walk the walk after reading about the talk! :)

BWGirl
05-23-2005, 06:29 AM
I'm quite a newbie, but every print exchange I've tried so far has led my obsessive compulsive a** to print, tone and matte something I was quite proud of... and getting stuffed with no return exchange. I send, but get nothing back; so far 0 for 2.
All this to say, I'd love to see prints, be it rotating a set around, a one for one exchange... anything really to see how you guys all walk the walk after reading about the talk! :)

Niko,
Has this happened to you here? If so, pm the person running the exchange. I've found the exchanges here to be really reliable!
I hope that if you've had bad experiences with exchanges on other sites, that you give APUG's exchanges a shot!

As a matter of fact, there's several open right now! Post card, blind and Group exchange 5. Do a search on them and pm the person in charge! :)

Hope to see you join one! :D

NikoSperi
05-23-2005, 06:43 AM
Jeanette,
Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. Sorry, I should have made it clear that my past experiences were on a different site. My only exchange on APUG was highly successful, as it involved buying three of Jorge's prints! He thinks he got the better side of the deal... :D

gandolfi
05-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Jeanette,
Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. Sorry, I should have made it clear that my past experiences were on a different site. My only exchange on APUG was highly successful, as it involved buying three of Jorge's prints! He thinks he got the better side of the deal... :D

nico: for some reason, I - for a long time - has thought of sending you an image...

but I don't have your adress, so....

NikoSperi
05-23-2005, 01:20 PM
Dear Emil,
The words I'm looking for would be... hell yes! I've seen your screen versions for long enough, and was hopeful that we could share a drink or three on your route down to Tuscany last autumn. The problem being in the context of this thread about print exchanges would be which of my banal and amateurish attempts could be so bold...
If you're serious, I'd love the chance to see what the true rendition is like. (You have mail, as they say).