PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 4

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

thedarkroomstudios
07-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Looks like fun. Email sent. I dunno Steve, I used to have a dog that ate mail as it came thorugh the slot... better put a little steel plate in the envelope just to be safe ;)

Dave Miller
07-27-2005, 03:04 PM
I wondered where it had all gone.

Jon King
07-27-2005, 03:23 PM
Nige,

I pm'd but will add it here. Please put me on the list for round 4 - I did round 2, sat out 3 for lack of darkroom access. I took an albumen workshop this summer, so if I can successfully mass produce albumen prints, I'll try one for this, otherwise it will be from my stock of hopefully not so precious Ilford postcard stock!

Thanks,

magic823
07-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Nige,

I pm'd but will add it here. Please put me on the list for round 4 - I did round 2, sat out 3 for lack of darkroom access. I took an albumen workshop this summer, so if I can successfully mass produce albumen prints, I'll try one for this, otherwise it will be from my stock of hopefully not so precious Ilford postcard stock!

Thanks,

Albumens to go with my carbons. Cool!

Steve

matt miller
07-27-2005, 03:38 PM
I'd like to join this round if there's room.

Matt

thedarkroomstudios
07-28-2005, 05:12 PM
I just placed an order with Ilford US and the person on that end was surprised that there were rumours that the postcard stock may be coming back. Doesn't mean it might not in 6 months, but, if their order-taker doesn't know anything about it I wouldn't hold my breath or celebrate just yet.

-Brad

Aggie
07-28-2005, 08:47 PM
tomtom an apugger works at a camera store locally here in the San Francisco bay area. She does the ordering for that store. At the farewell party for wfwhitaker, she told me that she had spent over an hour talking to the direct inhouse person at Ilford in the UK and it was him that told her that one of the items being brought back was the postcard stock. If direct from one of the main people at Ilford to an apugger is not good enough I don't know what is. The store she works for is Looking Glass in Berkeley California.

magic823
09-08-2005, 04:17 PM
I sent sent my postcards out today (actually they were carbon prints so I put them in an envelope - too delicate for the postal system here).

Enjoy everyone.

Steve

PeterDendrinos
09-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Please count me in. I would love to get involved. I'll PM as indicated. I guess i just need to know how to play this game.

Pete

David A. Goldfarb
09-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Please count me in. I would love to get involved. I'll PM as indicated. I guess i just need to know how to play this game.

Pete

You get a list of all the participants (around 20 currently--it's gotten up around 40, which really kills the momentum, because no one wants to print that many postcards), print up a postcard for each of them, send them out, and you get postcards from everyone else.

L Gebhardt
09-08-2005, 04:55 PM
All,

Mine are all still coming. I have gotten really behind with a few things, and this is one. Rest assured you will all get a card from me. Until I get them out I will hold off on the next exchange.

Sorry for the delay,

Larry

PeterDendrinos
09-08-2005, 05:03 PM
You get a list of all the participants (around 20 currently--it's gotten up around 40, which really kills the momentum, because no one wants to print that many postcards), print up a postcard for each of them, send them out, and you get postcards from everyone else.

i assume all the same image for the card i send out?

David A. Goldfarb
09-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Most people seem to do it that way.

PeterDendrinos
09-08-2005, 05:06 PM
so 4 to an 8x10 seems to be about the right size for the postal system?

MikeS
09-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Am I too late to get into this?

-Mike

Dave Miller
09-09-2005, 02:51 AM
Am I too late to get into this?

-Mike
Now I know why I printed some extra cards this time!

Bob F.
09-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Now I know why I printed some extra cards this time!
You printed already??? I've only got as far as flicking through negative files with increasing panic...

Cheers, Bob.

Dave Miller
09-13-2005, 04:05 PM
And the first one to arrive is:--- Steve Allen with a delightful carbon print study "Seen Better Days". Thanks Steve. Now I must get cracking and address mine.

BWGirl
09-13-2005, 08:23 PM
And the first one to arrive is:--- Steve Allen with a delightful carbon print study "Seen Better Days". Thanks Steve. Now I must get cracking and address mine.
I got Aggie's (how do you do it, with moving & all????) (VERY cool, btw ;) ) and Steve Allen's! That is AWESOME, Steve!!! :o

Bob F.
09-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Aggie and Steve's both arrived this morning across the pond. Many thanks both.

Interesting texture to the carbon print: like graphite... I mean... I know it is graphite (or some form of carbon at least)... I just wasn't expecting it to look like graphite... I keep expecting it to smear if I touch it...

Commiserations Steve - ain't that just typical: the things have probably been there for 40 or 50 years and as soon as you get interested, someone comes along and decides to tidy the place up! Give it another few months and they'll probably knock the old house down too :( ...

Time to get printing...

Cheers, Bob.