PDA

View Full Version : Another get together

Pages : 1 [2] 3

MikeS
08-31-2005, 04:39 PM
I'd be interested in joining this shoot! (I'm in East Tennessee, so it's not too far for me)

-Mike

Bill Mobbs
09-01-2005, 04:36 PM
How about weekend of Sept. 24/25 at the Air Museum?
I already have another photography event on those dates. It's a little too far away from the magic city @ $3.00/Gal too. I hope to catch up to you Guys on the next one.

glbeas
09-17-2005, 08:49 AM
Okay, the proposed get together is next week, so who's up for it? Saturday or Sunday? This is near enough to the highway so we can meet at the museum at a prearranged time and probably retire to a gathering place nearby for lunch or after the shoot. Best time should be about 10 am. If theres someone wanting to make it from far enough out to need to stay overnight PM me.

MikeS
09-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Where is the Air Museum? I'm up for it, but I'm coming from Tenn, so will need to know how to get there! If there's a street address for the museum so I can plug it into Mapquest that would be real handy.

-Mike

glbeas
09-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Where is the Air Museum? I'm up for it, but I'm coming from Tenn, so will need to know how to get there! If there's a street address for the museum so I can plug it into Mapquest that would be real handy.

-Mike

Heres a link:http://www.museumofaviation.org/home.htm

It's a two hour drive from our house here in East Cobb to there.

ScottH
09-19-2005, 03:33 PM
I'm still in, either Sat or Sun, whichever is most convenient. It appears at this time that my son (4 y/o) will be joining us. He's not so big on photography (yet), but airplanes - definately!!! Hope he lets me shoot while we're there.

titrisol
09-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Kewl, but a 9h drive for me....

glbeas
09-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Sounds like an overnighter titrisol! When ya leavin? :)

glbeas
09-20-2005, 04:19 PM
As for the day of the meet I'd prefer Saturday, just so I'll have some darkroom time on Sunday. What do you think?

titrisol
09-20-2005, 04:25 PM
I can;t this weekend, have a commitment on saturday (footbal game) :P

Sounds like an overnighter titrisol! When ya leavin? :)

glbeas
09-20-2005, 04:35 PM
I can;t this weekend, have a commitment on saturday (footbal game) :P

:(
Keep an eye out for things interesting in your area, you might could coordinate a get together up in your neck of the woods. I'm pretty sure we'd be there barring previous promises or work, my wife loves to get out and tour the countryside.

titrisol
09-20-2005, 04:41 PM
Yup, the NC State - Carolina football game is a big deal!
If the misssus grants permission I'll go to tailgate and take pictures then... there's always a couple of fun things going on.

ScottH
09-21-2005, 10:27 AM
As for the day of the meet I'd prefer Saturday, just so I'll have some darkroom time on Sunday. What do you think?

Sounds good to me. Seems the weather will cooperate as well. Contrasty conditions.

ScottH
09-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Gary,
You mentioned meeting around 10AM in a prior message, and museum site indicates they open at 9. I'm guessing we'll be around 2 hours drive from N. Atlanta. At this time do you have a sense of how many people will be going? I'll also e-mail my cell number to you in the event anything changes.

glbeas
09-23-2005, 04:20 PM
As of now theres just your party and mine. My brother says he'll most likely meet us there but not stay the entire time. You want to carpool?

ScottH
09-23-2005, 04:31 PM
Too bad it'll be a small group - we'll post some shots and make them regret it.

As my 4 yo will be attending I think he'll travel better (with all his accrutraments) separate. I just mentioned it to him at lunch today, and will show him the web site this evening. Hope he can sleep. Still on for 10 am then?

glbeas
09-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Still on! Come on folks, lets have a few more show up!

donbga
09-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Still on! Come on folks, lets have a few more show up!
I guess I may get shunned for writing this but I just don't understand why folks want to go photographing in large groups.

What is the appeal for that approach? I can understand perhaps a 2 or 3 person shoot, especially for safety considerations in certain situations but hanging out and trying to work with a herd of other photographers seems counter productive .

Just my 2 cents,

Don Bryant

glbeas
09-23-2005, 08:08 PM
This isn't so much the herd thing as it is a bit of socializing and sharing locations and ideas. And it's not like you are on top of each other at the museum. FWIW last time I was there with other photogs we had problems trying to find each other. For example the shoot at the Sloss Furnaces we had 5 photographers wandering the site, never got in each others way. I think its interesting to see the different way people shoot the same location.

It takes all kinds to make a world, so I can't knock your views. I'm just glad you're there to help keep analog photography alive.

ScottH
09-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Hi Don,

I suppose for me it's a few things. One it's simply social and great to meet with other photographers in the area. As someone who's only been at this for a few years, I'm always interested in seeing what other people are shooting with and how they go about working with a subject. Gary found a great abstract yesterday that I peeked into the GG. I'd have never 'seen' that shot. So it's a learning process too. It's a great excuse to get out and find places I've not seen before, etc. Having said all that, some of my most memorable times shooting I've been completely isolated.