PDA

View Full Version : Regional Group: Michigan ?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

PeterDendrinos
09-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Ok, there has been a minor change in my plans. Rather than coming down Friday night, I will be coming down VERY early Saturday morning and spending the day.

It turns out that my last photo expedition (Adventure/Mishap) caused some damage to my trusty steed. The boys at the shop say she isnít safe to drive in her current state, and the parts are 3 days out.

So I cut a shrewd deal with my wife whereby she will let me drive her car down state if I promise to clean the interior of it. No small task as she has been toting 1 and 3year olds around in it for the last week.

See the attached photos of my trusty steed being pulled from the clutches of mother earthís muckiest mud, and a relieved landscape photographer back on solid ground.

See you Saturday morning 7am at Big Boy.

Pete

df cardwell
09-07-2005, 04:56 PM
I knew I shouldn't have told him about the flashbulbs..

PeterDendrinos
09-07-2005, 07:15 PM
I knew I shouldn't have told him about the flashbulbs..

those darn flashbulbs!!!!!!!!!!

df cardwell
09-08-2005, 06:20 AM
Peter, and All

Is it too late to discuss the meeting time ?

7 am, for me at least, is a wee bit early: 9 am would be better.

( gotta milk the cows and finish the farm chores before breakfast )

PeterDendrinos
09-08-2005, 07:21 AM
Peter, and All

Is it too late to discuss the meeting time ?

7 am, for me at least, is a wee bit early: 9 am would be better.

( gotta milk the cows and finish the farm chores before breakfast )

Well we cant have those cows not getting milked, they might explode. That would be a mess.

I'm good with 9, in fact it would be better for me now that my plans have changed a bit.

I'll pm everyone just in case they don't see this.

Gim
09-08-2005, 07:29 AM
Nine is fine.
Jim

Rick
09-28-2005, 07:02 AM
I live in Rockford, Michigan which is just north of Grand Rapids. I'd be interested in hearing about your coming events.

PeterDendrinos
10-01-2005, 08:14 AM
I live in Rockford, Michigan which is just north of Grand Rapids. I'd be interested in hearing about your coming events.

Rick if you will PM me with name address, photo interests, email, phone number, what ever else you like, i'll get you on the list.

Pete

scherbis
12-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Anyone in the West Michigan area (GR) want to get together in early Januarly? We could meet some place, show off some prints, brag a little bit, decide if we want to continue and how formal. Any suggestions on days and times would be appreciated. I would be willing to coordinate at least this meeting. I'm thinking on a Saturday afternoon, probably the 14th or 21st, but I could be persuaded to change. Please reply here, I would post my email, but I'm not sure of the rules.....

Steve

cao
12-18-2005, 08:34 PM
Does anyone spend time in Traverse City during the Summer? I know about Pete, but I'm curious about others. I'd be interested in get together next year closer to home. While I drive, I try to confine myself to bicycling and walking for the most part, hence my interest in something nearby.

billschwab
12-19-2005, 07:48 AM
Does anyone spend time in Traverse City during the Summer?I spend most of the summer near Petoskey. I have 11 acres near the big lake and am hoping to have folks come on up this year if possible.

Bill

PeterDendrinos
12-19-2005, 10:47 AM
I spend most of the summer near Petoskey. I have 11 acres near the big lake and am hoping to have folks come on up this year if possible.

Bill
count me in!

I would like to meet other like minded folks.

billschwab
12-19-2005, 11:21 AM
count me in!

I'll post when the time comes around Peter. Lots of great places to photograph.

Bill

Gim
12-19-2005, 11:26 AM
I want to be in too.
Jim

John Simmons
12-19-2005, 05:12 PM
Count me in. I have been looking for a reason to get up that way.

ggriffi
12-19-2005, 05:24 PM
I'll post when the time comes around Peter. Lots of great places to photograph.

Bill

Bill,

If you have room for one more... :D

g

jd callow
12-19-2005, 06:05 PM
I spend most of the summer near Petoskey. I have 11 acres near the big lake and am hoping to have folks come on up this year if possible.

Bill

I would be interested....

Bill Bresler
12-19-2005, 11:14 PM
Treehouse? Secret handshake? Beer?
I'll bring cigars!
I'm in the Detroit area and am interested in a group. I work bizarre newspaper hours and teach, too. But I'll make time.
Bill Bresler

df cardwell
12-20-2005, 09:09 AM
You know, folks, we might be ready for a Detroit gathering.

Can we meet on January 21 / 28 ?

jd callow
12-20-2005, 09:53 AM
Self improving adult beverages at The Old Shalaylee and a photo tour of Greek Town, the Old Towne Pub and Grand Circus Park or Alvinís Delicatessen, the Case corridor and the cultural center or Brick town, Tiger Stadium and the train station are also interesting and close together as well. We could also play a game of the People Mover route; every stop a couple a pics and off to the next.