PDA

View Full Version : APUG Baseball Cap interest.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

blackmelas
09-16-2005, 01:07 AM
i agree the had would need something more spelled out, like analog photography. Emphaize "Analog" i don't want some digital person walking up to me saying something stupid like "we photographers should stick together" i dunno.

It's a very nice design but I do agree with hanna as well. And thanks to you Peter for taking this on.
Best regards,
James

Travis Nunn
09-16-2005, 01:30 AM
I don't think I'd buy one with the current design, its too simple. The website on the back is nice, but I think the front could have more than just APUG. A design of a LF camera and the words "Analog Photography Users Group" encircling it or something like that would be nice. I think I read somewhere that Sean is working on a new APUG logo, that might be something to think about.

Paul Sorensen
09-16-2005, 01:34 AM
I will probably buy one either way, but I do agree that the word Analog should appear somewhere, or some sort of slogan that says what APUG is about.

Ole
09-16-2005, 01:37 AM
No way!

I took the liberty of editing the poll to add an option for people like me :D

MurrayMinchin
09-16-2005, 01:44 AM
Since this is the first foray into this kind of thing, it's probably best to keep it simple.

I'd like to see a big fat APUG.ORG on the front and a little one on the back...but that's splitting hairs. What you have so far is 1000% better than the nothing that was available before :)

I can't wait until the first time somebody spots my hat and comes bounding through a crowd to introduce themselves...that'll be so cool!!!

Murray

clogz
09-16-2005, 03:28 AM
18% grey with APUG superimposed on the image of a strip of 35mm film.

Jeremy
09-16-2005, 09:21 AM
I want it spelled out on the hat what it stands for. Otherwise I know I will be answering the quesion "what is Apug.org" at least 10x a day.

modafoto
09-16-2005, 10:10 AM
18% grey with APUG superimposed on the image of a strip of 35mm film.

Exactly. The cap is NOT for the LF people...how will they fit it under the darkcloth?

kwmullet
09-16-2005, 10:21 AM
I want it spelled out on the hat what it stands for. Otherwise I know I will be answering the quesion "what is Apug.org" at least 10x a day.

...unless you're on your way to class or work, 'tain't necessarily a bad thing. Maybe you could print a portfolio of 4x5 platinum prints, mount them in a moleskine book and keep it in your back pocket to take advantage of such opportunities for proselytization. :)

Exactly. The cap is NOT for the LF people...how will they fit it under the darkcloth?

Well, in Navy Photo School we all wore ball caps, and when we needed to get under the darkcloth, most folks just swung the brim around to the rear.

modafoto
09-16-2005, 10:33 AM
Well, in Navy Photo School we all wore ball caps, and when we needed to get under the darkcloth, most folks just swung the brim around to the rear.

Yeah...sort of like hip hop street style Large Format.....YO, Ansel A! :D

Mike Kennedy
09-16-2005, 10:50 AM
Just heading into the fall shooting season here in eastern Canada which means that ole" man winter can not be far away. Maybe a cap with ear flaps?
Mike

Ed Sukach
09-16-2005, 11:35 AM
I'd spring for another Tilley T2/ T3 with the logo.

geraldatwork
09-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Although I would probably buy it I would greatly favor a T-shirt. My other objection is I don't like the design. (What design just unstyled plain type) If we insist on a hat I wish it said something about photography.

carsten
09-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Although I would probably buy it I would greatly favor a T-shirt. My other objection is I don't like the design. (What design just unstyled plain type) If we insist on a hat I wish it said something about photography.

I agree. I think that a hat makes sense if it is someway related to photography.

Bruce Osgood
09-16-2005, 11:53 AM
I'd spring for another Tilley T2/ T3 with the logo.
What's a Tilley T2/T3?

photomc
09-16-2005, 12:06 PM
That's easy, just order one with the bill/brim on the back side...can ususally find one or two where they sell the one's in front. ;)

lee
09-16-2005, 12:13 PM
HOW MUCH ARE THEY and AVAILABE NOW?

lee\c

arigram
09-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Don't all LFers wear a cowboy hat?

How about a black APUG ski mask?
"the bank robber was later identified due to a website printed on his ski mask..."

modafoto
09-16-2005, 02:14 PM
How about a black APUG ski mask?
"the bank robber was later identified due to a website printed on his ski mask..."

"...the robber was furthermore characterized by threatening the bank personel with bow and arrow and screaming about "Luddite Elitism..."

Fintan
09-16-2005, 02:39 PM
would rather a beanie, we're not all old timers ;)