PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Tonight for New Zealand and Australia

Pages : 1 [2]

roteague
11-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Hi All,

Well, I met up with Sean and John last Sunday morning. We met at Sean's house and John drove us to a spot he knew on the coast, where we spent the majority of the day shooting. John and I shot LF (me in color), while Sean used his MF camera. Afterwards, we found a nice pub for a drink and a snack. We were going to visit a gallery, but got there too late - so we drank beer instead. :D It was a tiring day, but a very productive one, photographically speaking.

Here is a quick snap from the day; Sean and John are discussing metering techniques on a macro shot. Also, another shot; here John is just finishing setting up his Shen Hao for a shot. Sean said he took some snaps as well, so hopefully, he will post them as well.

Kevin Caulfield
11-01-2005, 11:47 PM
Robert,
When and where will you be in Oz?

roteague
11-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Robert,
When and where will you be in Oz?

Kevin,

Sorry, I was in Oz earlier this month, but wasn't able to get away. I was attending a church conference in Bright, Vic and left right after in order to return to NZ. I'm looking at when I will be able to return to Oz for a photography trip.

Sorry, I wasn't able to get down to Melbourne. I had hoped to, but the conference schedule just didn't give me enough time to do so.

I'm back in Hawaii, and will post some about the trip when I am feeling better (caught a cold on the flight home).

Kevin Caulfield
11-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Robert,
It's a pity you didn't get photography time in Bright - it's a great place. If you had been around for a while I would have caught up with you. Next time.

roteague
11-02-2005, 12:01 AM
I forgot to mention, that John gave me this awesome, B&W print of a Pohutukawa tree. Hopefully, he will scan it for the gallery. I'm going to have it framed, and hang it above my desk at home.

Sean
11-02-2005, 12:41 AM
Here are a few -gasp- digisnaps from the day

2 shots of John and Robert getting down to business and 1 shot to show the area we were in, it's such an incredible spot I plan to go back many times.. We had a great day :)