PDA

View Full Version : Let's all shoot 1 camera, Part 3?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

MattCarey
12-21-2005, 02:18 AM
My first thought on this thread was, "I have a Mockba 4 that isn't getting much use...complete with slide film and a mailer for processing." The Mockba only gets 8 6x9 images from a 120 roll. Also, the double exposure protection can take some getting used to.

Then I started thinking....hmm, I could get a Kiev (contax copy). I could have it sent directly to the first user, and I could be the last user. That way, when it shows up, I could tell my wife, "Oh, this is just the travelling camera project camera from APUG, not something I just purchased." Since it would take a while to get back to me, it would be a technically correct statement...

It is a sickness.

Matt

(p.s. when can we get the ULF camera that goes around the world? You know, get Ole to load up some holders and send the great Soviet Camera on it's way...I promise to send it back!)

Ole
12-21-2005, 08:24 AM
I'm in too...

The ULF camera could be fun - but finding a roll film holder that takes 12" film and doesn't leak could be a challenge. And the postage would be crippling too :)

gr82bart
03-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Ok the last post in this thread was before Christmas, so what's happening here?

Regards, Art.

Christopher Walrath
03-12-2006, 12:42 AM
I am still interested.

joeyk49
03-17-2006, 08:15 PM
If there's room, I'm in! Missed the last round...sounds like fun!

Let me know if you need a PM from me.

Joe

gr82bart
03-18-2006, 07:13 AM
Wiseowl? You still running this show?

Art.

wiseowl
04-02-2006, 06:06 AM
Wiseowl? You still running this show?

Art.
Yes, still up for it.

Sorry it's taken so long to get started, unfirtunately life sometimes gets in the way of doing the really important things :-).

Unfortunately, the camera is likely to be a disposable, rather than something with some control. While I was hoping to get something like an old folder nothing suitable has turned up. It's been a case of either too fragile, too heavy, too valuable or just plain broken.

If I can now ask all of you who are still "in" to pm your details, including postal address, then I can put a schedule together and get things moving. With a good tail wind the camera should be making it's rounds before the end of spring.

Thank you all for your patience.

Martin

wiseowl
04-15-2006, 04:20 PM
All,

Another call for addresses, so far I've had 2.

Cheers

Martin

Ole
04-15-2006, 04:34 PM
I can offer a Balda 6x9 camera, in decent shape. But I would suggest we shoot one film each instead of one exposure...

cdholden
04-15-2006, 05:03 PM
I'll be #3. I love the 6x9 format. I have some Pan F in the refrigerator I can pass along with the camera to the next shooter. It expired in 1999 but still looks good. I need to restock anyway, so if there's a problem with expired film, I don't mind offering up some fresh film if the number of users stays fairly low.
-Chris

mcgrattan
04-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Assuming the postage costs aren't insane, I'd like to have a go.

I could probably send a roll of Classic Pan 200 along with the camera to the next shooter.

cdholden
04-15-2006, 05:59 PM
I could probably send a roll of Classic Pan 200 along with the camera to the next shooter.

I was thinking 15-20 rolls so we're all shooting from the same batch and same camera. Won't these get scanned and posted online? We're comparing photos shot on film that have the same traits. Same idea as the disposable camera. Just my two cents.
Chris

mcgrattan
04-15-2006, 06:33 PM
20 rolls would be a bit beyond my pocket! However, I'd be happy to pay a share of a batch of film if everyone was shooting from the same batch.

However, it might be interesting to see what different shooters get from the camera using their favourite film and their favourite developer.

cdholden
04-15-2006, 06:55 PM
I was volunteering to cover the expense. Use one roll, then pass the rest of the film along with the camera to the next person. Everyone shoots a roll, then passes it on-- camera and film. Ole is volunteering the hardware. I'm offering the film. All you'd have to do is develop your roll... in theory. You're being asked to pay less, not more. I thought this may help drum up interest.
You also have a good point with allowing peole to use their favorite films and developers. No one else has chimed in to give opinions. Let this thread go a few days and see what pans out.
Chris

mcgrattan
04-15-2006, 07:42 PM
That's a very generous offer. I'd be happy to participate whatever the format.

gr82bart
04-16-2006, 06:01 AM
Who's organizing this anyway?

Art.

cdholden
04-16-2006, 08:15 AM
Who's organizing this anyway?

Art.
wiseowl is collecting addresses

wiseowl
04-16-2006, 07:42 PM
I can offer a Balda 6x9 camera, in decent shape. But I would suggest we shoot one film each instead of one exposure...

I'm happy to go with this.

Please pm me your addresses

wiseowl
04-16-2006, 07:45 PM
I was thinking 15-20 rolls so we're all shooting from the same batch and same camera. Won't these get scanned and posted online? We're comparing photos shot on film that have the same traits. Same idea as the disposable camera. Just my two cents.
Chris

Postage costs could be a bit on the high side for camera and 20 rolls. While it would mean that we're all shooting the same batch and camera, processing and scanning would be different.

I would prefer that each individual supplies their own roll.

Just my 2 cents

Martin

roteague
04-16-2006, 07:48 PM
I would prefer to just shoot one or two images; I really don't have the time or interest to shoot an entire roll of B&W film.