PDA

View Full Version : Let's all shoot 1 camera, Part 3?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

wiseowl
07-06-2006, 02:36 PM
And do we have a shooter's list somewhere?

I'll put one together soon, I need to tie in real names to handles.

Cheers

Martin

Nathan Smith
07-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Martin,

I think it's something like this:

wiseowl, UK
janvanhove, Belgium
nsmith01tx, TX USA
gr82bart, CT USA
cdholden, TN USA
roteague, HI USA
ole, Norway

Nathan

roteague
07-06-2006, 02:51 PM
I like that smaller list, the camera should move much quicker. The only thing others need to be aware of, I will be in Australia from October 2nd through 29th. Hopefully, it will move quickly enough that it won't be a problem.

wiseowl
07-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Martin,

I think it's something like this:

wiseowl, UK
janvanhove, Belgium
nsmith01tx, TX USA
gr82bart, CT USA
cdholden, TN USA
roteague, HI USA
ole, Norway

Nathan
Yes,

that look correct to me.

Thanks Nathan,

Martin

Ole
07-07-2006, 03:38 PM
I got delayed today - we stopped by some friends for a "quick cup of coffee". Fim is loaded, but not advanced to frame 1. It will ship tomorrow.

I suggest the first recipient (wiseowl / Martin) advances to frame 1 (second window), exposes, and advances to next frame. Subsequent users expose and advance only.

Shutter has been checked, and is acceptable at all speeds, 1s to 1/250s (good old rimset Compur). The lens, a Voigtar 11cm f:4.5, is capable of very sharp pictures at f:11 and smaller, or nice portrait "softness" at full opening. The enclosed cable release has a locking screw, if anyone wants to do a l-o-n-g exposure.
Film is APX 100. It will be developed in Rodinal 1:50 with intermittent agitation, which should ensure that full speed is retained without causing excessive grain or edge effects (which we don't really need, on 6x9cm). Enlarger is a Durst 138S using a Rodagon 150mm lens and the recommended condensers (no, I won't send the enlarger around - this is just information for those who like to know everything. I have no idea yet what paper I'll use - Ilford MG IV RC for first proofs; then I'll dig into the big stack of oddments for final prints.

wiseowl
07-08-2006, 04:00 AM
Looking forward to recieving the camera.

Cheers

Martin.

janvanhove
07-12-2006, 03:43 AM
Say, Ole, Any chance of putting together a series of prints for each participant? I wouldn't mind paying a few Euros for one...

PJ

Ole
07-12-2006, 06:23 AM
That could be done, I guess.

There will only be (at most) 8 prints to make, and I've just confirmed that my old Ross Resolux 11cm enlarger lens works just great with 6x9 negatives.

wiseowl
07-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Ole,

I received the parcel today, the box has suffered a little but the camera appears sound.
Will shoot something over the weekend and then pass it on.

Can I confirm that the distance scale on the lens is in Meters?

Cheers

Martin

Ole
07-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Can I confirm that the distance scale on the lens is in Meters?

I have read it as meters, and gotten sharp photos even down to below 2m distance. So I believe that can be confirmed!

janvanhove
07-13-2006, 02:54 AM
Cool! I might get it before my wife gives birth (which should be over the next few weeks..), so I think I can't pass the opportunity for a pregnancy picture for my frame!

PJ

wiseowl
07-18-2006, 12:14 PM
The camera is winging it's way to Belgium as you read this.

janvanhove
07-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Just a uick word to say that it arrived safely, I should be able to to the sho over the week-end and send it back on it's way at the beginning of next week...

Cheers...

wiseowl
08-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Just a uick word to say that it arrived safely, I should be able to to the sho over the week-end and send it back on it's way at the beginning of next week...

Cheers...

Hi,

can we have an update on the status of the camera, ie have you had opportunity to shoot and is it on it's way?

Cheers

Martin

HeliH
08-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Oh no, this sounds fun. Next time you will do this I will surely participate.

Actually we had a Round The World stereocam at RPS forum..

janvanhove
08-06-2006, 05:59 AM
no, not shot yet, I should take the shot today, normally, and send it on it's way at the beginning of the week...

Cheers...

PJ

cdholden
08-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Has the camera started it's journey across the pond yet?

Chris

Nathan Smith
08-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Has the camera started it's journey across the pond yet?

Chris

I haven't received it.

Nathan

roteague
08-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Just what I was afraid of. Someone gets the camera and doesn't move it on. I leave here at beginning of October for Australia and won't be back until 30 October. So, I will have to bow out if it doesn't reach me by the beginning of the last week of September - I would hate to have it sit in the mail at my house for a month waiting for me to get back.

gr82bart
08-19-2006, 03:38 PM
no, not shot yet, I should take the shot today, normally, and send it on it's way at the beginning of the week...Hey Patrick!

How long does it take to take ONE IMAGE? Fer Christ's sake ... 4 weeks? Come on! Take the friggin picture and move the camera along. Sheesh.

Regards, Art.