PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 5

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Dave Miller
11-28-2005, 02:14 PM
I like Aggie's idea of the Gallery, but would it remove the element of suprise from those participating?

Aggie
11-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Don't post them to the gallery until the next round has been announced and the lists sent out. That way the element of surprise is still there.

reellis67
11-29-2005, 08:11 AM
Don't post them to the gallery until the next round has been announced and the lists sent out. That way the element of surprise is still there.

I agree. This is a great idea.

- Randy

Nige
12-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Seems my email (sent on the 3rd) with the Round 5 participants hasn't gotten thru to everyone. If you've signed up but haven't received my email please PM me.

Rlibersky
12-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Received BW Girls card yesterday. Nicely printed snow scene. Mine are in the mail today.

I also like the idea Aggie has.

Imke
12-09-2005, 09:27 PM
I got a lovely snow scene from BW Girl today, too, thanks!!

And to all participants of Round 5: my color processor crapped out on me three days ago, and I don't have a way to print right now, so my cards might be a little late. Bear with me if you would, can't wait to get to it!

Happy holidays y'all!
Imke

BWGirl
12-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Thank you! I'm so glad you both liked it! :)

Kevin Caulfield
12-10-2005, 02:01 AM
I'll try to print mine tomorrow. It could well be another baby photo. I hope my last one got to all addresses.

BWKate
12-10-2005, 03:51 AM
Mine are in the mail tomorrow. Curious how long it will take from my neck of the woods. I sent a print to Iceland on the 23rd of Nov. and it was received by Dec. 5th.

BWKate

Nige
12-10-2005, 05:39 AM
mine went out today.

Dave Miller
12-10-2005, 05:57 AM
Mine have got stamps on! :)

gr82bart
12-10-2005, 06:10 AM
Seems my email (sent on the 3rd) with the Round 5 participants hasn't gotten thru to everyone. If you've signed up but haven't received my email please PM me.Nige,

Did you re-e-mail the list? I was one that didn't get it the first time and so far I have not recieved anything. Looking forward to the list.

In the meantime, how many are on the list so I can get printing? I'll obviously be a bit late send these out. Thanks.

Regards, Art.

kwmullet
12-10-2005, 08:12 AM
I've got a general postcardesque question.

I know that officially all things are fair games for postcards, but I wouldn't want to vary too much from established quality. I've been darkroomless for a few rounds, but now I'm processing film (kitchen sink) and just got a dry mount press, so I'm wondering if anyone has ever sent out enlarger prints made in a lab instead of their own handmade prints.

I'm eager to get back into the exchange, but wouldn't want to drag the level of quality down by doing lab prints if there was no history of lab prints in the exchange.

Since it's well past the "commit" date for round five, I'm assuming the earliest I could get in would be the february round six. Didn't see a thread for that yet, though. :)

-KwM-

Nige
12-10-2005, 08:34 AM
Kevin, we've always had a 'anything goes' rule. The majority are homemade B&W but we've had all sorts of things, so I think people would be fine with a machine print. If you get setup for printing again, the nyou can always buy some Ilford Postcard stock like the majority of us!

Aggie
12-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Of all things we have been very forgiving of those who have been darkroom less for a short period of time. We all received beautiful digitaly printed postcards from Les McLean when he was bereft of his darkroom. We understood his delimma and for the postcard exchange it was fine. Part of the charm is the stamp, message, and what the postal system does to the cards. They are real and go through the process of being sent. If it were a fine art exchange, I would be hard headed. Enjoy the exchange and may we all continue to have fun with it.

I've got a general postcardesque question.

I know that officially all things are fair games for postcards, but I wouldn't want to vary too much from established quality. I've been darkroomless for a few rounds, but now I'm processing film (kitchen sink) and just got a dry mount press, so I'm wondering if anyone has ever sent out enlarger prints made in a lab instead of their own handmade prints.

I'm eager to get back into the exchange, but wouldn't want to drag the level of quality down by doing lab prints if there was no history of lab prints in the exchange.

Since it's well past the "commit" date for round five, I'm assuming the earliest I could get in would be the february round six. Didn't see a thread for that yet, though. :)

-KwM-

Imke
12-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Of all things we have been very forgiving of those who have been darkroom less for a short period of time. We all received beautiful digitaly printed postcards from Les McLean when he was bereft of his darkroom. We understood his delimma and for the postcard exchange it was fine.
Oh good!
In that case I'll send you all digital prints, because I'm eager to get to it and don't know how long I'll be darkroom less.
Cheerio,
Imke

Aggie
12-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Oh good!
In that case I'll send you all digital prints, because I'm eager to get to it and don't know how long I'll be darkroom less.
Cheerio,
Imke

Just make sure that it was orginally shot on film. Hope your darkroom returns quickly.

Imke
12-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Just make sure that it was orginally shot on film. Hope your darkroom returns quickly.
Sure will, it's all I do, anyway. :)
Thanks for your well wishes!
Cheers!

BWKate
12-11-2005, 02:28 AM
That's the spirit, everyone!

Can't wait to see what is sent!

Art,
Did you get your postcard list, yet?

BWKate

gr82bart
12-11-2005, 06:10 AM