PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 5

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

gr82bart
12-11-2005, 06:13 PM
With very little sunlight today (quality UV light that is) I decided to complete all 18 "postcards" in one shot. Done! Will mail them out tomorrow.

Regards, Art.

BWKate
12-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Mine are all in the mail finally. I wrote way too much on the back of the postcard, though. You'll have to forgive my newbieness. As for posting the images later I don't know how to do that, yet. Doesn't mean I won't try.

I have extras if anyone doesn't receive theirs in due time.
BWKate

toddstew
12-11-2005, 08:42 PM
BWGirl, I got your postcard yesterday. Very nice snowy image. I wish we had snow here...but sadly not this year yet. Hope to send mine out this week.
Todd

BWGirl
12-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Thanks, Todd! That's pretty much how things look around here right now... as a matter of fact... just got another couple inches of the stuff today! :)

reellis67
12-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Mine have hit the road. It takes a long time to print up this many prints in my little bathroom/darkroom so hang in there, they should be arriving soon...

-Randy

BWKate
12-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Received BWGirl's and David Goldfarb's. Very lovely. They look great and were quite pristine. The pearl surface postcard paper is really hardy. Thanks! Every day is like Christmas for me now. I mailed mine in envelopes because they were not much more and then I could write my little novella on the back.

BWKate

David A. Goldfarb
12-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Okay, first it was the dozen or so "jmoore's", and then it was "Ian Greant" and "Ian Grant," and I finally got "Bob Fowler" and "Bob F" straight when I finally met Bob Fowler at an APUG outing, but now I just realized that "BWGirl" is different from "BWKate."

BWKate
12-13-2005, 11:25 AM
The two late entries were mailed today so I'm all done now. Next exchange I will mail them without the envelopes. This being my first time I was a little gun shy. I'll save all the extra packaging for a print exchange!

Maybe I'll look around for a local scene to photograph so people can see what it looks like here.

BWKate

Quinten
12-13-2005, 12:00 PM
I'll join round six! Since my gallery is still empty (scanners make me shy) this is the ideal way to share some pictures, I do print! Now see wheter I can already get some Ilford postcard papers over here. A well I'll have till Februari.

BWGirl
12-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Okay, first it was the dozen or so "jmoore's", and then it was "Ian Greant" and "Ian Grant," and I finally got "Bob Fowler" and "Bob F" straight when I finally met Bob Fowler at an APUG outing, but now I just realized that "BWGirl" is different from "BWKate."

OH.... Woe is me!!! :o A BW identity crisis! You hear that Kate??? Mr. Goldfarb thinks all of us BW women are the same! hahaha :D :D :D :p

David A. Goldfarb
12-13-2005, 12:44 PM
Well, maybe if you didn't both have four-letter names. Like, what's wrong with BWJeanette? Your last name isn't Moore, is it?

BWGirl
12-13-2005, 12:53 PM
But if I change it now... :rolleyes: what a headache!!

No... no Moore... (never Moore?) ;)

BWKate
12-13-2005, 02:45 PM
BWGirl,

But we're so different! Why can't they see that! We're not changing our names are we, Jeanette?

BWKate

fhovie
12-13-2005, 04:29 PM
I am happy that we get more than one BW (lady person) on this board. That is twice as good as only one. I haven't yet gotten them mixed up - Somehow - Kate and Girl sound different to me. And then there are those really cool avitars - something that escaped from a Larson cartoon and the other in a dream I had (where I forgot most all of it) - Nope - not confusing to me. Of course .... I am fascinated by small shiney objects - and my favorite darkroom chemical is dihydromonooxide.

BWKate
12-13-2005, 05:30 PM
I am happy that we get more than one BW (lady person) on this board. That is twice as good as only one. I haven't yet gotten them mixed up - Somehow - Kate and Girl sound different to me. And then there are those really cool avitars - something that escaped from a Larson cartoon and the other in a dream I had (where I forgot most all of it) - Nope - not confusing to me. Of course .... I am fascinated by small shiney objects - and my favorite darkroom chemical is dihydromonooxide.

Tiny Shiny Objects! That is my life long quest. I'm pretty sure I was a crow in a previous life. Everyone that I know always teases me about my endlesss fascination with everything "shiny" be it glass ,metal, or shell.
If you join the next postcard exchange you would receive an image of a tiny shiny thing.

BWKate

BWGirl
12-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Well, see there's a difference already!!! BWKate likes those small shiny objects, and I prefer paper, chemicals and lenses!! :D ;)

Paul Sorensen
12-13-2005, 07:22 PM
Not to break up the BW female love fest, but I want to announce that I sent out my cards today. Woo hoo! I ahve recieved a couple already, so my goal of being first is for naught, but I am happy to not be running behind this time.

BWGirl
12-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Got a beauty from RLibersky today! Beautiful shot, Randy! :)

BWKate
12-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Got a wonderful colour contact print from Doug the same day I got Doug's envelope back because I neglected to put the postage on the letter! Oops, Doug, sorry. I thought I put postage on all my envelopes. I've got the stamps on the envelope now and it's going back in the post! Should receive it.

BWKate

David A. Goldfarb
12-14-2005, 07:07 PM
Yeah, it was great to get an Ilfochrome postcard for a change!