PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

toddstew
12-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Thanks Jeanette! I'm not sure if cot 320 is sturdy enough to make it to all of the destinations intact, but my fingers are crossed!
Thanks again
Todd

Dug
12-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Thanks Jeanette! I'm not sure if cot 320 is sturdy enough to make it to all of the destinations intact, but my fingers are crossed!
Thanks again
Todd

Todd - Made it to Seattle in great shape. VERY NICE! cot 320 is some nice paper. I have been using Platine for alt process. Can you tell me what made you choose cot 320?

Thanks!

Doug

mikeg
12-22-2005, 03:03 PM
Thanks again
Todd

Hi Todd,

Your card arrived today here in the UK in near perfect condition. What a great image! This round has been absolutely fantastic.

Mine are printed, I'll label them up tonight and hopefully get them out before Christmas. Not sure if I can compete with you guys though!

Cheers

Mike

toddstew
12-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Thanks Doug,
Well, I was introduced to palladium printing by Melody Bostick when I did some yard work for her in exchange for a starter kit and the 320 was one of the samples she gave me to try out. I really like the surface quality of this paper as well as the color that makes the bright whites a bit more sandy colored.
Glad the print made it to you!
Todd

BWKate
12-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Received Jim Galli's lovely postcard and it was the bit worse for wear. It looks and feels like FB. Beautiful landscape! It came kind of warped so I'll use a drymount press to flatten it a bit more.

Kate

Kevin Caulfield
12-22-2005, 08:38 PM
I received seven today! (I don't check my PO box every day). Great work by all. I now feel very unworthy. I hope to print some today. The St Leonards shots were not great, so it could be another baby photo.

BWKate
12-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Received Toddstew and Randy Ellis' postcards. Both Stunning!

Todd,
Your postcard was perfectly intact. It was a bit damp because it's been raining quite hard here but after it dried, no problem. I've never had a palladium print before. It really works for still lifes. I love the colour!
Randy,
Love your image and the print! Looks great.
Thanks to everyone who sent their postcards. It made my Christmas.
BWKate

toddstew
12-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Thanks Kate,
I'm glad you like it. I'm jealous you're up their with the snow and it's almost 60 degrees today. I want to be skiing.
Thanks again and happy holidays
Todd

BWKate
12-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Todd,

No snow here. I'm on Vancouver Island and it's a big rainforest. I think the mildest temperature in Canada is right here in Victoria.

Happy holidays,
BWKate

Aggie
12-25-2005, 12:56 AM
I'm in heaven. Not only did I get to use a nice darkroom today, but I found a great prolab right near me. Mark the woner was so nice to let me have the time to get my postcards done. I also told him about apug. Won't be long and we will have him hooked as well. He also teaches photography at Dixie State college. He was the one responsible for saving the film photography part of the department.

gr82bart
12-28-2005, 10:51 AM
I am so glad I joined this exchange. I've got 12 very cool postcards here. And they are diverse in their formats too. Looking forward to the others in the new year and I also just sent Nicole's postcard as I didn't see that I she was a last minute addition.

Regards, Art.

BWKate
01-03-2006, 08:02 PM
I have received 12 so far too. I'm looking forward to the rest.
Please, if you haven't sent your postcard yet, send it now. Or else post that you will or that you're on it!
It's only fair to the people that have made an effort/expense to send their postcards.

BWKate

Nicole
01-03-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm a late addition to this exchange, thank you Nige and to everyone who is already sending me cards. I've received incredible cards from Paul, Nige, Todd, Mike and Jeannette. I haven't felt this excited about going to my mailbox in a very long time! The christmas rush is over and I'm struggling on what paper to print them on as I don't have any postcard stock available. I hope to have mine finished and ready for posting by the end of next week. Thank you all for your patience and again, thank you for the smiles.
Cheers, Nicole

BWKate
01-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Thanks Nicole!

That's great. I just wanted to ever so gently remind people and not be a jerk about it.
If you've noticed from the postcards you've already received people have found very diverse ways of making their postcards. It doesn't have to be on traditional postcard paper. I think Imke put a label on the back of her colour prints and it worked fine. I'm sure whatever you do will be okay.

BWKate

Aggie
01-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Thanks Nicole!

That's great. I just wanted to ever so gently remind people and not be a jerk about it.
If you've noticed from the postcards you've already received people have found very diverse ways of making their postcards. It doesn't have to be on traditional postcard paper. I think Imke put a label on the back of her colour prints and it worked fine. I'm sure whatever you do will be okay.

BWKate

I sent mine out last Tuesday. This Jerk did it before the end of the month. Some of you should have gotten it by now.

Kevin Caulfield
01-04-2006, 12:47 AM
I have received 12 so far too. I'm looking forward to the rest.
Please, if you haven't sent your postcard yet, send it now. Or else post that you will or that you're on it!
It's only fair to the people that have made an effort/expense to send their postcards.

BWKate

The sad truth is, BWKate, that every round quite a few people who have made the commitment to join the round fail to follow through on that commitment by sending a card to everybody.

Mine are running a little late. They are all printed, and should be mailed within the next day or so.

David A. Goldfarb
01-04-2006, 12:54 AM
I don't keep count. I've probably got a couple of hundred postcards from these exchanges and they all go in a big archive box and get passed around whenever there's an APUG gathering at my place. Originally, we didn't have "rounds"--just a list and we sent out cards whenever the inspiration struck. I liked that informality, but eventually it became impractical as the list grew to around 40 participants (a few of whom, indeed, never sent out cards), and printing up a batch of 40 cards got to be a little bit too much like work.

I just sent off cards to Nicole and Victor, who joined late.

Nige
01-04-2006, 01:50 AM
Art, I think you missed the email for Nicole joining in my great "emails gone missing" problems I had. Both Nic and Victor got different lists of people to exchange with. I'll forward your address to Nic so she can include you in hers.

Got Victor's card yesterday.. another nice view of snow not in my backyard! Thanks Vic!

I also got Jim's card yesterday... hmm now to convince him to do a print exchange with that image :)

I reckon we've got a pretty good chance of getting all cards sent & received this round... which will be a 1st!

gr82bart
01-04-2006, 02:17 AM
Wait a sec? Victor? It's a good thing I made a few extra cards. PM me Victor's address. You're starting to confuse me Nige!

Regards, Art.

Kevin Caulfield
01-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Mine all went out yesterday, including ones for Vic and Nic, and Simon at Ilford.
Apologies for the delay. They should start arriving in the USA and the UK around the end of next week. I now have no spares, but if anybody doesn't receive mine, I'll print you another.