PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

Aggie
01-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Well it's been 10 days since I mailed mine. If no one got them, I'm not reprinting them.

gr82bart
01-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Nige, anyone...

Can someone PM me Vic's addy? Thanks.

... including ones for Vic and Nic, and Simon at Ilford.Wait a sec is Simon on the list too? He's not on the list I was given. I'm very confused...

Regards, Art.

Kevin Caulfield
01-05-2006, 09:12 PM
PM sent

Nige
01-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Well it's been 10 days since I mailed mine. If no one got them, I'm not reprinting them.

received yesterday... thanks!

BWKate
01-06-2006, 09:30 AM

Received Aggie's very cool postcard yesterday. What actually is the place you photographed? It's an abandoned laundry? I don't know if I read that correctly. Great postcard.

Kevin: Who is Simon and I don't remember that name on the list? Maybe he is an extra postcard you sent on your own?

BWKate

David A. Goldfarb
01-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Kate and Art--Simon is Simon R. Galley from Ilford. I've pm'd you his address. He's not officially on the list, but a number of us have been including him as a gesture of thanks for reintroducing the MGIV postcard stock.

Aggie
01-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Kate, they decommisioned Fort Ord military base over by Monterey California. Mateo took me over there one day to shoot. I had the hubby in tow so when this strange girl (she seemed to be whacked out on drugs) showed up to talk to us, I told her to talk to Mateo. Mateo was a bit scared of her, and kept telling her to go toalk to me. Eventually she left. It was a cool building. I just got around to developing the film from that day.

Ailsa
01-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Big apologies from me. I think I might be last in the queue for this round. I'm afraid I haven't even printed mine yet, but I fully intend to this month. I can only get to the darkroom I use on Saturdays, so it can get a bit tricky. I promise not to let anyone down, though, and must add that I've loved all the postcards I've received so far. I think this might be the best yet of all the postcard rounds.

Happy new year to everyone!

Dave Miller
01-06-2006, 11:38 AM
I've just received cards from Aggie, and Mikeg. I must say that whilst I can appreciate the excitment of your Laundry trip Aggie, I would much rather be sat in Mike's pub; it does look rather inviting. I've also received a couple of other cards with indecipherable signitures which, just to complcate matters, I have mixed up with those from previous rounds. What I'm trying to say is I havn't got a clue whose cards I have received! But they are all welcome, and appreciated.

toddstew
01-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Hey all,
I would just like to list and thank everybody whose postcards have made it to me so far: Randy,Art,Dave Miller,David G.,Aggie,Jim,Kate,Doug,Mike,Paul,Randy Libersky,Jeanette,and Nige. Thanks for making my trip to the mailbox that much more enjoyable! I would like to take part in the next round as well! I hope that my "hammer" makes it to everybody it is supposed to. I don't think I sent one to Simon either, but if someone gives me his address, I'll send a print to him.
Thanks again everybody,
Todd

Dave Miller
01-06-2006, 03:02 PM
I've received 13 so far; I think. Could I remind those that havn't yet done so that we have a very nice gallery just waiting for your scans. Would hate to upset Sean by not filling it up.

Jersey Vic
01-06-2006, 11:09 PM
I've been thrilled by the variety and quality of the work I received. They're all unique (?), creative and well executed. Thanks

Nige
01-06-2006, 11:52 PM
I hope that my "hammer" makes it to everybody it is supposed to.

speaking of your hammer, I didn't recognises it for that, thought it was some strange artifact but my wife picked it straight off. Twas very well executed!

BWKate
01-07-2006, 01:54 AM
Kate, they decommisioned Fort Ord military base over by Monterey California. Mateo took me over there one day to shoot. I had the hubby in tow so when this strange girl (she seemed to be whacked out on drugs) showed up to talk to us, I told her to talk to Mateo. Mateo was a bit scared of her, and kept telling her to go toalk to me. Eventually she left. It was a cool building. I just got around to developing the film from that day.

Aggie,

What a great place to shoot minus the weird whacked out girl. That's why it's always good to bring other people. Safety first,eh?

BWKate

toddstew
01-07-2006, 10:45 AM
speaking of your hammer, I didn't recognises it for that, thought it was some strange artifact but my wife picked it straight off. Twas very well executed!
Thanks Nige. It was an attempt to photograph what it is and what else it is(?), ala Minor White.
Oh, and Dave Miller, I don't have a scanner to post my card, which explains why my gallery images look like crap. If someone who has gotten a post card from me could post it I would be very appreciative. Thanks in advance.
Todd

Dave Miller
01-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Thanks Nige. It was an attempt to photograph what it is and what else it is(?), ala Minor White.
Oh, and Dave Miller, I don't have a scanner to post my card, which explains why my gallery images look like crap. If someone who has gotten a post card from me could post it I would be very appreciative. Thanks in advance.
Todd
I will be happy to scan and post it to the gallery, I shall do it now.

Dave Miller
01-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Todd

Its posted Todd, but under my name unfortunatly. Please add a your comment to clarify matters.

toddstew
01-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Thank you Dave,
I really appreciate you posting it for me. You posted what I put on the postcard, and that pretty much covers the important stuff.
Thanks again,
Todd

Imke
01-12-2006, 09:12 PM
LOL!
I thought it was a little iron man. :)
Beautiful shot, Todd (hey, that's the first rhyme of the new year!), thank you, and thank you everybody else. I have received 13 postcards so far, (Todd's, Nige's, Dave Miller's, Jim Galli's, Randy L's, Doug's, Paul's, Jeanette's, Victor's, Kate's, Aggie's and "Florida Randy" 's), am utterly confused about who else I need to send a postcard to, but have decided not to worry, because not worrying is one of my new year's resolutions.
Happy new year everybody!
Imke

Dave Miller
01-14-2006, 10:22 AM
A very able portrait of Kevin' heir apparent dropped on the door mat today.