PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

Kevin Caulfield
01-14-2006, 10:24 PM
A very able portrait of Kevin' heir apparent dropped on the door mat today.

It's not really pin sharp, and the depth of field was small, and it was just a capture between posed shots, but it's quite a nice portayal of my heir apparent. I've really enjoyed this round of postcards, and agree with many others that it's the best round yet, not just for the variety of methods, but also for the actual quality of images, composition and presentation.

BWKate
01-15-2006, 12:09 PM
I received Kevin's portrait of his "heir apparent". Nicely done! I don't think it has to be pin sharp. Since when are babies going to sit still for a portrait session? It really captures a moment of your child Kevin.

I have received 16 postcards so far. I think that's pretty good. I still think that anyone who hasn't sent theirs could still do so but I know that's not realistic. Doesn't matter but would be nice.

I've been sharing my postcard collection with everyone I know and it's funny how everyone has a different favourite.

BWGirl- one of my coworkers wants to know where you took your photo of the short pier on the lake? It was his favourite image.

BWKate

Dave Miller
01-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Today I received a card from BobF of the Honister Pass in the English Lake District which exhibits a wonderful luminosity that isolates the trees from a sombre background. Well done Bob.

Bob F.
01-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Today I received a card from BobF of the Honister Pass in the English Lake District which exhibits a wonderful luminosity that isolates the trees from a sombre background. Well done Bob.Cheers Dave. BTW, I finally got into the darkroom last week after my pre-Christmas debacle with the dodgy paper (hence also finally getting the postcards out - sorry for the delay folks!) and a somewhat larger postcard will finally be on its way to you tomorrow...

Cheers, Bob.

Kevin Caulfield
01-18-2006, 11:10 PM
I tried to upload mine to the Gallery, but got told I exceeded my daily limit (and have not uploaded anything else for a while).
Is this not working properly again? Sean?

Nige
01-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Kevin, try loading to your personal gallery, then reassigning it to the Postcard Gallery in the 2nd step.

Kevin Caulfield
01-19-2006, 02:04 AM
Nige, thanks, I'll try that tomorrow. :)

BWKate
02-03-2006, 01:41 AM
Hello Nige,

I guess we are getting close to Round#6 for the postcard exchange?

BWKate

Nige
02-03-2006, 05:14 AM
yes... just composing the email at the moment :)

Nige
02-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Got Ailsa's card today... what to say... I feared when turning it over to read the back that it might say the front was a mirror! nice one Ailsa!

Dave Miller
02-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Mine from Ailsa just arrived as well.

BWKate
02-17-2006, 06:37 PM
I received Ailsa's postcard today. Awesome shot! Yes, you can take photos of wildlife with a medium format camera. Very interesting composition.

BWKate

Nige
02-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Nicoles turned up today...and a great picture it is! thanks Nic!

Kevin Caulfield
02-26-2006, 10:37 PM
As did mine from Nicole. Yes, a great pic, and it definitely looks better on a postcard than in the Gallery. :)

gr82bart
02-28-2006, 01:28 PM
I received Ailsa's postcard today. Awesome shot! Yes, you can take photos of wildlife with a medium format camera. Very interesting composition.Ah ha! OK so this is why I got this photo in the mail. Hilarious picture! <--This is a compliment BTW.

Now the questions is, did I send Ailsa a photo or not? I blame Nige for this, if I didn't. Errr... I think I sent a greeting card to everyone I needed to, but near the end, I'm not too sure.

Regards, Art. :p

Nige
02-28-2006, 05:30 PM
Art, it's not going to happen again! If she sent you one, you were supposed to send her one, but that doesn't mean I told you!! I'll check my emails... Maybe Ailsa can see if she got the "work of Art" (haha! what a pun!)

Dave Miller
03-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Nicole, your card arrived today. A work of art well worth the effort.

Ailsa
03-02-2006, 03:32 AM
Art, it's not going to happen again! If she sent you one, you were supposed to send her one, but that doesn't mean I told you!! I'll check my emails... Maybe Ailsa can see if she got the "work of Art" (haha! what a pun!)

I certainly did receive Art's art! Thank you!

BWKate
03-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Nicole,

Your card arrived today; in perfect condition I might add. Thanks so much. How old is your daughter? I have a ten year old son who makes all kinds of expressions when I take his photo. I could really relate! Great shot! I love the Fuji 1600 film and use it regularily.

Best Regards

BWKate
01-23-2007, 03:37 AM
Received postcard from Round#5 today!!!

Thanks so muchRay Heath: I love the image. What an interesting detail to focus on. Very well done!